Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 impala chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dr chucky, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr chucky

dr chucky

i pretty much finished it up no glass yet think im going lexan :D
    [​IMG]

2. dr chucky

dr chucky

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

No more drama. Please. Think of the innocent children that will be affected by this thread. :D

4. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

lexan sounds like a smart choice

5. newstranger

newstranger

Man, '62s are my favorite year for Impalas. Hate to see one get cut (unless it was a 4dr or something). Kind of a bummer...

-ns

6. dr chucky

dr chucky

is any one here in to the custom rat rod look here or is this the wrong place i think im done here thank 4 the suport guys way to make some one feel good about there pasions ol skool rods mag is one of my favs and people talk shit about it here, this is the wrong place sorry i pissed every one off here sorry im not rich and pay people to build my projects like alot of you do, im yong and do it all this isnt the first and not the last and every one in person loves my work and skill and style! im NOT in to shinny hot rods so ya and 4 the few guys that respect and encourig me thank you im out.:cool:

7. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

The ride looks nice man good job.

8. brewsir

brewsir

looks fine to me. Lexan is probably your only option unless you are a rich guy that can get a custom windshield made. No bummer for me...hell it's just another old car!

9. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

It's not like you are 16. You are 25.

You really dont know what the fuck you are talking about..."custom rad rodzz" c'mon man. Show a little respect for the hobby you are so passionate about by learning more about it and people might respect what you do. Hell you might not destroy your next car with a horriffic chop that looks like shit.

Going back into your shell of rockabilly music, shitty cars, rattle can primer and some gay ass hairdo ain't going to make you "the man" with custom cars. You obviously care what people think since this is your 2nd thread about this prolific chop. So why not less typing, more reading, and maybe everyone can get along. Nobody appreciates some idiot rat rodder coming on here and ranting "how it should be" when they themselves have no friggin clue. Just makes you look like a fool, not those that criticized that monstrosity.

10. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

sorry man i have a 62 SS sitting here next to my 29 i can't see why some one would chop one like that. 62's are my fav impala. dad has one too. i have a extra top if you wanta go back stock later. i'm 29, a broke non-gold chainer, do it your self kinda guy. guess i read tomuch on here but..... EVERY thing needs to flow...... sorry she don't flow. it no longer looks "right" but thats just me.

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

what fell on the roof of that Imp?

12. lownslow

lownslow

two threads on this car ? what happened to flow ? this car has none . YUCK ... nice 50s style 60s car ... flat black , bad chop , www's with lancer caps ? just horrible .. you should make the cover of ol skool rat rodzzzzzzzz ...

13. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

uh, it IS the wrong place and we DO love what we do or we wouldn't do it. And MOST of if not ALL of us DO build our own shit or have a big hand in the build. If you build it that's cool but there are other forums for that . Check the name of this place again and what it stands for and means

14. Tony

Tony

Posting anything on a public forum is introducing yourself or your work to being critiqued, good or bad.
    You've had both just like most of us.
    Myself, i admire your ambition to get your car done and for doing it yourself..that's cool...
    Personally i've always felt the roof line of 62-64 Impala's was perfect from the factory..so one chopped isn't my taste.

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i take back what i said on the first thread...looks pretty cool now.

16. The Shocker

The Shocker

Very cool indeed...

17. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

agreed might not be everyones cup of tea but i think it's kinda cool.

18. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I didn't mean that it wasn't cool or apparantly very well done. It's a look that kinda grows on ya. The guy seemed to be having an attitude issue and sort of sounded like a prick. Like he gets it and we don't.If that's not the case then sorry but I have a problem with people with an attitude.

19. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

I'd drive it. Looks good to me. Wish I had something to chop up and make it the way I want. Screw what anybody else thinks. Represent hot rodding and build what you like.

20. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'll stand by what I said in the first thread. You took a solid 2 door hardtop 63, prime kustom or super stock material, and turned it into an awkward, flattened monstrosity with lexan windows. It doesn't take a genius to surmise that you ruined a perfectly good car, and that it was in better condition before you chopped it. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but am calling it the way I see it. Should we be obligated to compliment you because you had the balls to jump headfirst into a project you were ill-equipped to complete properly? Absolutely not. On the contrary, I'd give more props to someone who recognized their skill level, and outsourced work that is beyond their means. If you were that gung ho about learning, you could have posted here for a while and probably chopped it under the supervision of an experienced craftsman.

Clint Eastwood once said, "man's got to know his limitations..."

21. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thats what i was getting at .I can appreciate the work and fore thought that went into it.I also like the idea that someone had the sack to try something different with 62 and not just put Bellflowers and supremes on it.The chop looks just about right to me on that car.Its good and agressive looking and not just some 3/4 inch easy way out chop thats hardly noticable just so you can call it chopped.It looks neat and i would drive it for sure...

22. BeatUpFleetline

BeatUpFleetline

Very cool dude, hope to see more pics of her soon. Looks good with that chop, havn't seen to many of them with a low-top.

23. flynstone

flynstone

yea, i think hell ya if thats what ya wanted....you did it, power to ya its your car. and it dont look anything like any other 62 cause they all look the same.. i think im gonna go air bag my 64 gto now...........

24. indyjps

indyjps

looks like you did a nice job on the chop, I generally like chopped cars but the bubble top on a 62 Imp is something that does not need any messing with. Please use glass on this one.

25. Zombilly

Zombilly

Up yours

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I saw this thread this morning and let it go without comment. well it didn't go away so here goes.

a little overchopped for me, but what the fuck do I know. any chopped car that has glass everywhere that had glass originally would get my nod of approval regardless of wether I liked the style or not. you have made it virtually impossible to put glass in that car when you widened the top.

there is no excuse these days for anyone with an internet connection to fuck up a car the way you have. ESPECIALLY with a resource like the HAMB.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHOP A CAR YOU GOT TO FIGURE OUT THE GLASS FIRST!!

if that line saves one old car from destruction then I have done a good job here. cut the glass, then cut the top to match. if you have a doubt about what will and will not work, ask a question here on the HAMB before you cut anything. 10,000 years worth of collective knowledge here.

27. yeah I try not to support being dicks on this board.. but you guys do bring up the point of how repeatedly this car is being posted up with a second thread.
    looks cartoonish to me, and kindof hurts me to look at it with the problem of proportion. and damn I bet that would be an ultra bitch to drive.

28. AD

AD

hey man, no worries, sure theres a bunch of winey ass little girls on here, but fuck! this hobby is all about what YOU dig,, its not like your fukin doing some strange ass mercedes headlights on a merc or sumthin', fuckit! who paid for the impala? ,, lexan's cool, but try and figue our some glass, i like the hubcaps on it,

29. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

I'm not trying to be a dick either, but I think after you've lived with this chop for a while, you'll decide to make it a convertible. Make the roof detachable. Or keep going and channel it, what the hell do I know.

30. SC_Poser

SC_Poser
    from Aptos, Ca

I've seen this first hand and the work done to it is top notch. I guess If I saw a chopped 33 chevy 3 window I'd say it looks like shit because why f*ck up a perfect car, f*ck it some people like that! To answer the question glass looks like it's out of the question and lexan gets scratched and hazes easy you might want to look at polycarbonate it's like lexan but has better values.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.