Register now to get rid of these ads!

vicky what should i look for

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydogs, May 6, 2008.

1. rustydogs

rustydogs
    from canada

i found a 31 vicky for

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

They are the BEST LOOKING Model A ... IMHO.
    Just pull the trigger and buy it ... it's rare and they will most likely NEVER repro them ...

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

If it looks as good in person as the pics and with fenders etc. I would say GO FOR IT. Especialy if interior trim pieces are there. If it was within 400 mile of me I would be puting the hurt on a credit card.

4. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Thats a sweet car and it looks really good in the pics

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Buy it.......You'll never lose money on it if you lose interest.....

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

It looks good it the photos, is the new wood kit stuff or something the current owner cut out? They made two styles steel top with the top incert and the cloth back. The one in the photos is a cloth back I believe, be sure all the window trim and rain gutters are there, check the wood sills for rot, then deside if you really want the project. I don't think it is over priced.

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

IF you got to ask, then you should not own. lol

8. turdytoo

turdytoo

If thats the body style you want, that's a bargain.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Your wallet!!

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Agreed, You don't see those up for sale very often and VERY rarely in that condition. If that's your "baby" don't wait, it won't last long if it out there and for sale to the general public.

Frank

11. I bought a leather back '31 in 1975 for $600. It was all the money in my world. It was complete and almost rust free.

$6K today sound reasonable.

Charlie

12. Terry O

Terry O

As already stated by 37Kid & Druss, many unique parts and any wood replacement will be expensive and hard to find. I'm repeating what they said because if six grand stretches you out for the buy-in, this project could bog down fast as serious cash is needed to buy any missing pieces and they are RARE. Having said that, if it's complete. and I mean nearly every piece salvageable, and you really want it, six grand is a deal. Looks like a really nice piece to start with.

Terry

PS- A lot of A-400 parts will interchange (also rare as hen's teeth) and rear fenders are unique to Vicky & Town sedan, if I can help PM me.

13. I know of a bare Tudor body that looks like it was pulled off the assembly line after primer & never used. The body is damn-near perfect.

It is priced at 6K.... &, while it hasn't sold yet, people are interested.

JH

14. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

I thought that body sold at Knoxville.

15. It may have. I didn't hear that it did.... but I didn't ask either.

JH

16. Looks like it's in great shape. Lucky find!

17. Can't Wait To See It All Cut Up :)

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Please don't listen to the "now chop the shit out of it" crowd. Those are just too nice stock height. However don't be afraid to get the suspension down out of the clouds and be real careful picking a wheel/tire combination. It will make or break the car.

Frank

19. Vicki's are some of the rarest Model A's you can put your hands on so ya can't go wrong at that price really...ther is money to be made if you were to re sell it...An all original 30/31 Vicki just sold on E bay 2 weeks ago that had been sitting in a Kansas field for the last 35-40 yrs for almost $9000.00 and it wasn't near as nice as that one...

Oh,...and us "chop-it" guys like it that way, nothin wrong with it...my 31 vicki has 3" of chop and with the factory 2 1/2 thats 5 1/2 shorter then a sedan...and I love it!
    But if you get it...Do it the way YOU want it! Good Luck! and
    Save the Vicki's

20. tr12

tr12

itwould look great sitting next to 500 repop roadsters(exxageratio,no offense,)at any car show

THINK ABOUT IT,DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT!
    Troy

21. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Nice find. I found one in 82 and started working on it. Had to replace all the wood. I got all the wood in it and by that time word had gotten out I had it in my shop. I had just started working the body when a guy walked in my shop and offered me $10,000. I had about $3,000 in it and I sold it to him. That was 26 years ago and I haven't seen one since then for sale unless it was finished. Very rare car! You did well.

22. Did ya get it?
    Sounds good, build It!
    Hope to see ya in our HAMB subgroub,
    the A.V.R.G (Abused Vicki's Recovery Group)