Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT... Are '66 A-body & '66 B-Body buckets the same?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, May 23, 2008.

1. Abomination

Abomination

Does anybody know if '66 A-Body and '66 B-body bucket seats are the same, except for upholstery? What about '66 C-body buckets?

I found some '66 Cuda seats locally. The price is right, and they certainly LOOK Mopar-y enough, but I'm going for a certain feel here, and am not wanting smaller seats, or ones that'll end up looking, well, stupid in my '66 Coronet wagon (or '66 Fury).

Save me from myself...

~Jason

2. dodgedartgt

dodgedartgt
    from SW FL

I personally don't think they are, AND, I may be wrong. Where you can get the definitive answer will be over at www.moparts.com
    Mike

3. Abomination

Abomination

Granted, I could go there, but I thought surely somebody here on the HAMB could chime right in with the answer... and WAY faster than any other board - you guys are awesome!

~Jason

4. llonning

llonning

I had a 66 cuda years ago. The seats for the A body and E body are real close to the same. I also believe that the B body used the same seats. At least they look similar in size. Just going by looks nat measurements.

5. Abomination

Abomination

Do any of you think if I put B-Body bucket foam on A-Body bucket seat frames, that I could get away with putting B-Body seat covers on and having it not look too far off?

~Jason

6. Abomination

Abomination

According to Legendary:

Cuda:
    [​IMG]

Fury:
    [​IMG]

Coronet:
    [​IMG]

The price is the same on both, and they all LOOK real close...

I think I'll call/email 'em. Of anybody that would know right off, they would. :p

~Jason