Register now to get rid of these ads!

Albuquerque Rumblers Rumbler Thunder 8 Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

ummm, i had a little "misunderstanding" with my navigator.:D she kept sending me west after we left espanola, i guess i should have paid attention to what she was saying when she mumbled something about crossing the continental divide! it didn't help that i took a nap for an hour while she was driving us in the wrong direction. not that it mattered, we were there to take the scenic route, and we did see more interesting terrain than we would have going up the interstate. we ended up going to pagosa springs, and on up to us 50 to get back east.

did see some low lows cruising espanola in the afternoon. like i said, got nabbed for rolling a lil too fast. also had to play good samaritan and chase down some dipshit who took off in his truck at a stoplight on us50 and lost his springer spaniel puppy out the back of his truck and didn't notice!

i saw a 56 or so NAPCO chevy truck sitting in a pasture! marked that one down to go back on and check out someday.

just a couple of pix for the rumblers.:D

noel's new hot rod:

[​IMG]

...and Noel's hot rod nosed into a drainage culvert and high centered after an attempted u-turn:D i think the linkage between the skinny pedal and the drag link broke.;) cause he said it didn't wnat to turn left.
    [​IMG]

it was funny watching the dude in the bare metal shoebox scrape in, literally. he fried a compressor outside the enterance, so had no airbags after he laid it out, scraped it in laying on the lake pipes. gets to the barricade and spews a geyser of coolant all over the place! he scrapes to his parking spot only to be told to tighten up the parking and get closer to the previous car! that car took a beating in that 50 feet or so!

we all saw visions of Great White concerts gone wrong as the "best Beater" trophy was being presented.:eek: flaming trophies with nekkid women on them are cool though, even when the flames are coming from the wrong places.

2. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Thanks for the pic's.

3. Radshit

Radshit

That's funny...that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the flames dangerously reaching the ceiling......hahaha...wait...that's not funny.........I like Great White . I'm an asshole. I wish I had a shot of the trophy I made...I used a whole jar of flake on that fender skirt....half of it is still in my backyard....

Thanks for the Titanium Ray....your'es the bestest!!!!

[​IMG]

4. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

Noel the T looks rad, and tell chops his roadster is looking good too. Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but I had a major work conflict that they wouldn't let me out of. If it makes you feel any better I missed our show because I was underwater in the atlantic somewhere.

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

i know. at least i'm humble.:D

dude, i SOOO wanted to drink moonshine and sleep with you again!:D at least it sounds like you were surrounded by seamen.

on a serious note, that ain't a T, i don't even know what it is, shortened dodge sedan or? someone ask noel what it says on the registration!:D

6. NOAH324

NOAH324

7. NoelNYC

NoelNYC

Brother Zor..hows everything back SEast?, it was great having Evil Eric and Swiss Mike representing!.. See ya in NYC?...the show was a blast, thanks for the props...It is '25 Dodge coupe body shorten about 9" onto a model A frame. Power plant is Chevy 350 sb/.30 over on the pistons / 4 bolt main newly built. Ray thanks for coming out to the desert an hanging! it was a pleasure meeting you. Neal thanks bro for all your help, couldn't happen without you, we had a blast didn't we?!?.. Time to do it all over again!
    -Noel,NYC

8. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

Man, I've still got a couple swigs of that shine in a mason jar somewhere.

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dang, The car scene has actually gotten WAY WAY better scince when I left 10 years ago...

Thanks for the pics...

Ray, State trooper get ya?

Me thinks if you get pulled over by the state and DONT get a ticket you best go buy a lotto ticket....I got cited for 6 over on Christmas eve when I was home on military leave...

Hey O/T question....is Gene Snow still racin that canary yellow olds?

What about Jonsey (same as Bonesy maybe?) he still buildin wicked fast datsun P/U's?

10. ray

ray
    from colorado

colorado state trooper.

fuck, what can i say, i had it coming. no speedo, had the tach at my target rpm but was coming down a hill so i was "a bit" over what i thought i was doing.

11. Radshit

Radshit

NOAH....you are one observant MoFo....ain't ya????

haha I've been lazy....I didn't want to change my signature till I was "made"....hehe

Ray, you need to do what I do for MPH....I go off of engine resonance....I'm so good....my ears are calibrated for 70 mph....

12. neal is that you????? if it is this is tomkat:D

13. Radshit

Radshit

It's me.....I've been known to appear here on occasion...hehe

14. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

hey....farkers...

whos who?
    Anyone I know from me hometown?
    the "kid" Corey Lightfoot here.....(now not a kid and friggen old) I used to ride around in the tan nose high 50 chevy business coupe prior to aquiring my 50 chevy truck

15. blazd88

blazd88
    from Lubbock TX

My ol lady took alot of pics. Ill get them up asap. Anyone notice how many rides showed up that didnt fit in? Maybe it was just me. Had a great time anyhow.

16. Radshit

Radshit

How's that???..This car show was for car guys young and old....and I appreciate the lowriders just as much as the hotrods and customs....that is the nature of our culture here in Albuquerque.......

17. JC_32

JC_32

Noel,
    What's up bro..... Looks like your out in Burque tearin shit up!!!!!! sounds like fun...... Likin the new ride man...
    Here is a pic of my 53

[​IMG]

later man, don't be such a stranger.......

18. NoelNYC

NoelNYC

Jon!..How the hell are you man!..Eveything going good with 3-2?..I've just been busy doing stuff. I'll keep in contact man. You still got my number?
    -Call me man
    Noel, NYC.

19. jchav62

jchav62

AMEN! The cultural diversity here even shows in our rides, rods and ranflas...Gotta love it!

20. JC_32

JC_32

Things are going real good bro. We've been super busy building scoots. Keep an eye out for Hot Bike Mag in July. We worked with Eric and the HB crew and have a cool feature coming out which will be a new direction for the HB mag. Right now, we are trying to finish 3 builds for the ROT in June. I'll call you soon bro...

JC