Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 1000th post...lookie what I'm buying haha

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cshabang, May 17, 2008.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

Its been awhile, so I got ahold of a fellow HAMBEr and am in the process of buying this for a future project..I've also been doing some side work and in the process have picked up a 39 box, an Edmunds 2-2 intake, and most recent, an A wishbone.. looks like the parts to build a 40's era hot rod are coming my way....Guess the 60's drag and Custom stuff (my 66 F100 and a A roadster) are gonna be for the future...anyways, here are a few pics...

[​IMG]

oh so bitchin

[​IMG]

more pics in the near future..and yeah I still got my 65 Comet, sold off the 61 Comet
    [​IMG]

2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Sweet! I have the same manifold.....only mocked up so far. It is going on my Ranchero.

Mike

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

well that makes 3 that I've heard of...never in person...haha

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

can anyone date the Edmunds intake...kinda curious

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

anyone?...haha

6. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

very early man! do you want to sell it lol. if you want parts for a model A, there's A 40 ford front end under A truck bed trailer with juice brakes at Marks place. it's good and complete. you must be getting sick of me for bring him up all the time but he does have it. I drag a 46 ford banjo rear end with 354 gears out of there two weeks ago. look out for ticks

7. For once your buying something and I'm not ;) Here's Shaun's FE intake he made for his A...couldn't find a real one so he fabbed his from a 4V intake. It runs HARD!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

Thanks Jared, I will keep it in mind, but I may have something lined up..sad how I live less than 10 minutes away and I can't make it over there.... Maybe I'll just have to break down and go for a walk...Sounds like your findings are gonna work out in your favor..hahah...and CHRIS, I know right...you seem to find everything..I've been searching for a longtime for one of these...finally found one..haha, known about it for a few years now...I was gonna breakdown and make one too...Tell Shaun the car is looking killer, and be sure to tell the guys hi for me...See you guys in Cali next month?

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Did he fab the angle drive for the distributor too? I've never seem anything like that before. That's pretty cool!

10. Yeah, he did. He cut the FE shaft in half, using only the lower section. He machined the right angle housing and gears, and then used a SBC upper half (I think) so that he could run a crab cap. The man is a super talented guy.

11. Man, my FE doesn't look anything like that. Super Cool!

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

didn't even notice the distributor..haha NICE

13. GTSDave

GTSDave

I am planning on stuffing an FE in my '30 A. These pictures are the first I have ever seen of an FE in an A. Would love to spend an afternoon with my camera on that car. So many ideas, so many questions. What a bad ass ride!

-Dave

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

There have been several Fe powered A's..Bill Burnhams' roadster had one...Others are lost in my brain right now

15. GTSDave

GTSDave

I am still new to the HAMB, I will keep an eye out for them. Just something you don't see much of. I am a Mopar now days, but FE Fords are what I cut me teeth on. Only Ford I have left is my 30 Coupe that I will build one day. Have an FE waiting for it too. As with many other folks, I lurk here quite a bit, and learn as much as I can about the old tin. This being the first time I had seen one it really got me excited. Now I know it can be done hehehe.

-Dave

16. Any construction photos?

17. hemifarris

hemifarris

Man...You sure write a lot of haha's in your posts.Kinda weird..
    Great manifolds though....Mike

18. Cshabang

Cshabang

bad habit with the hahas...same with the periods..sorry

19. Now that's some radical shit. That set up is the Shizzzz>>>>.

20. hemifarris

hemifarris

Well, now that you mention it, I'm guilty of the period usage.....Mike
    You're manifolds are still great........

21. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

Is that a gererator on that car?

22. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

Brain fart...Generator, I meant.

23. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Yeah...ha, ha.......that is a generator....ha,ha.....

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

thanks Mike..I can't wait to get the 6 deuce setup here in CT...I'll have to mock it up on the old mans projects until I get mine set up...haha