Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheel question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cliff bryan, May 8, 2008.

1. cliff bryan

cliff bryan

is one product better than the other...talking about the...early wheel company versus wheel vintques...tia

2. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I went with Rally America... he is a HAMBer... look up the wheelkid.... they all look about the same and I don't know of any quality difference... and if you pay your alliance membership, you get a discount...

3. RatBone

RatBone

ya use an alliance vendor like Rally America or Early Wheel Co

4. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i've always had good luck with wheel vintiques

5. :mad:I've always had bad luck with Wheels Vintiques. Example: when I ordered a set of unpainted, unplated 16" inch wires; they sent me 15". I told them that I'd ordered 16". They guy, apparently the owner, in his best "assholiness" manner said, "we sent ya what ya ordered! Their yours! Keep'um"!. I know very few guys that've had better treatment from them.
    "Dawg":)

6. Rally America is Wheelkid, Early Wheel company is now owned by Bear Metal Customs here on the H.A.M.B. Seems like there was one other as well.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I had a great experience with Rally America (Wheel Kid) and I know of quite a few other HAMB members that also have....

I'd definitely buy from them again.
    [​IMG]

Malcolm

8. sasquatch alley

sasquatch alley
    from Fresno, Ca

It depends on what specific wheel you are looking for. Some wheels are propriatary and some are parts bought from a supplier that everyone uses. Jimmy the (wheel kid) at Ralle America can get you pretty much what guys on this site are looking for, some original, some new. I don't know much about Early Wheel Co..
    I worked for Wheel Vintiques for over a decade and I still believe they make the best "new aftermarket replacement" nostalgia wheels around. I do understand Old Dawgs situation, and when a deal goes bad and you don't have something in writing, it is impossible to fix with the policies they have place. Nobody is perfect, and I know most of the salesman from all the wheel companies, and mistakes are made! I strongly recamend a fax confirmation or at the very least have your order read back to you from any company you order from. Tell me what you are looking for and I'll tell you the source.

9. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

your car gave me a boner at Roundup that lasted until about yesterday. seeing this picture has just started fluffing me up again.

here's a few i shot -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i was going to PM you with some questions about it if you dont mind.

10. Hey I'm famous! That's me in the brown shirt. I need a haircut.

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I don't mind at all... go right ahead. I'm always willing to answer questions and help out where I can.

So, you're the guy with his foot on my car? ;) Funny optical illusion....
    I didn't recognize you without a Natural Light box on your head. :D

...Back to the wheel question. Hope we have helped you out.
    If you still have questions, just let us know.

Malcolm

12. Malcolm-
    What size and where did you get the wheels?

13. I called the early wheel guy several years ago for wheels for my 5w. he asked what I was building and what the particulars were. Told him and he said I know just what to do as far as back space and such. The wheels fit perfect. In talking to him he was building a 5w also. I neede some help on getting the wood installed. He sent pics of his along with my new wheels. I vote for the early wheel guy..

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

15x7 OEM Chrome, 4" backspacing, 5x4-1/2 bolt pattern.
    Bought them from Rally America / Wheel kid

15. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

I was going to ask this same question as I am considering something like this for a 64 galaxie. I would have guessed a little "deeper" in the rear backspacingWould have guessed about a 15x8 with around 3" backspacing.

sure looks good, nice & easy with the same on all 4 corners too.

Dave

16. Better do some careful measuring.

17. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Call Chris at Wheel Smith. Great guy and great service great wheels.800 854 8937.

Rex

18. I followed this threads advice in contacting HAMB Alliance Vendors, I needed a new set of steelies. I called Early Wheel Co. www.earlywheel.com company owned by Jason who also owns Bear Metal Customs, I was very pleased with his customer support and helping me decide what style and backspace I needed for my 30 full fendered Model A . When I ask what could I expect for delivery on my order , He told me if I ordered by noon , He would have them on the UPS truck by 5pm. that they also tried to maintain less that 20 thousands runout . Well ,I ordered on Tuesday and I received them in Texas on Friday , Damn that was fast , Great looking product. Had a buddy of mine check them for round out and all were less that 20 thousands in runout averaging 14 thousands or less., Now that is a round wheel. Got the Hamb Discount also!! I am sure outher Alliance vendors do a great job but Early Wheel Co and Jason get this members vote,,,,,,