Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Mags for Servicemen.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Wizard!, May 20, 2008.

1. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

<TABLE width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]I hope it is OK to post this here? From US Army Boys. Sorry if it is not. ;)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1] I am currently staioned in Afghanistan.
    It has been troublesome trying to get to this website because it is blocked by the Army because it is a forum. Anyways, we have little in our PX(store) to buy, especially magazines. I would like to ask everyone, if possible to donate used or old car mags, ford, chevy, hot rod, car craft, etc. They would be greatly appreciated and passed on from soldier to soldier. Thank You SSG J. Duitman 101st ABN Air Assualt! Here's the address.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]SSG Duitman
    TF Currahee
    A Co 801st BSB
    FOB Sharana
    APO AE 09311 Again, thank you for your prayers and support! [/SIZE][/FONT]
    </TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

I'll gladly send magazines to you but, seems the process is bogged down in red tape

I'm not sure we can send them to you ..if you can find a way I'll send

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

Do we just send 'em the info you posted? I got (and get) a ton and would be more than happy to send along.

Thank you for serving!

Aaron

4. 47bob

47bob

I saved your address and the next time I get a 2 for 1 subscription offer ill have one sent to you.

5. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

These are not for me but a youngman named Josh Duitman and that is a copy of his letter and info. Thanks The Wizard!

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

There's about 100 lbs worth sitting here, but I can't afford to mail 'em to you guys, especially if they come back, with more postage due! Anyone know how to go about this?

7. art.resi

art.resi

Use a flat rate box same rules as domestic as it goes to apo state side and delivered by millitary.

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Yes, the flat rate APO box is right about $10. You could get alot of mags in the box. Go to the Post Office and ask for a flat rate APO box. They will give it to you for free.

9. Ebert

Ebert

You "can't afford to mail 'em to (these) guys?" Damn, these guys are taking bullets for our asses. Send me the effing bill for your postage. My stuff is already there and more going...I am now going to use this SSG's info...come on guys and gals, let's get off our asses and give these special patriots some mags!!!!!!! Let's GO!

10. I got a bunch....I will send them out this weekend.

11. I work part time at Advance Auto Parts and we send out our expired new mags to service men.Problem is getting new addresses.They won't let you send anything unless you have a specific name and address. I only have a couple of the names and addresses.If you servicemen reading this can post a name (could be company commander,etc.)and address then maybe those of us that have access to expired unsold mags can send them over to reach more people.You can get a lot of mags in the flat rate boxes.

12. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey, I'm a low income guy. But now I know about APO flat rate boxes - even I can afford $10. Will send some good stuff to the Sarge.

13. gonmad

gonmad

I have sent a bunch of my old mags to a buddy over there, but he just got back (for the 3rd and final time) home a couple weeks ago. I will try to send some more out to this dude. Anyone else at another addy to send?
    POST UP GUYS!! We will send you mags!
    THANK YOU GUYS (and girls!) FOR ALL YOUR (and your families) SACRIFICES!!

BTW-Can this thread be made a "sticky"?

14. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

I sent a box off to my neighbor's unit in Iraq. A file box full of them, sent Media Mail, was about $20 (before rate increases, fuel surcharges, etc in '06). The postal worker at the counter was a vet, helped me out a little...

15. du$ty

du$ty

i have some extras i can send your way...thanks for what ya'll are doing for us.

16. Damn it, are you serious? I just threw out two boxes full of mags, 8 hours ago at work. I guess I'll be dumpster diving tomorrow.

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man great idea, wish Aussies had the same sympathy to serving soldiers you US people do. All I got was abuse, youd think we were back in Vietnam over here!

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

A bunch heading that way...

19. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

I have 10 years of Rod and Custom in the trash can this week. they are in a couple boxes (I was cleaning the garage finally) and I'll pull them out tonight.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've been sending magazines and other stuff for a while and have been bumping it up since my brother inlaw got over there in March. Toss in a couple of your local newspapers too. Anyone who has been in or is in the military can tell you, ANYTHING from the states is a God send.

21. michiganman061

michiganman061
    from Michigan

I just can't seem to understand why the army would do that?

22. tooslow54

tooslow54

Someone else can correct me. But from what I've heard it's because someone could slip and reveal a location. That or, someone could possibly locate someone posting.

23. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

The post office has media mail rates, and it is cheap if you use THEIR boxes. Just ask, its a deal.

24. TRuss

TRuss

I don't have much new stuff. Does it matter if they are a little older?

25. OLLIN

OLLIN

I just came across this site...

it says "a portion of the procedes goes to care packages for the troops",
    I wonder if you could get them to send calenders or something?

http://www.pinupsfortroops.com/

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

27. Ed Kimball

Ed Kimball

The Company I work for just sent about 12,000 car Magazines of all kinds through Operation Gratitude, so soldiers can get their automotive magazine fix.

28. Mopar34

Mopar34

Some I keep and some I trash. The ones trashed (like Street Scene) are good reading but lack project stuff. From now on I will keep them all, package them and send them over to guys who need a little light reading.

BTW, THANKS for serving. We all owe you a big debt of gratitude!:D:D And the country and the politicians owe you big time. Congress needs to get off their collective asses and pass every veterans bill that comes to the floor.

29. I am in the process of moving and found a box of Playboys from the mid 90's. Does any one know if they will make it overseas. I'm sure some of these guys would love to see some women not in bee keeper outfits.

30. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Been there done that and been on the recieving end....I got 6 tours over in the dirt (6 monthers)

Sent a pile of shit today with some toiletries and non-melting snacks to one of my old squadrons.

remember troops (HAMBr's) 2 ply t-paper is like GOLD over there....