Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Uk

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 34rod, May 15, 2008.

1. 34rod

34rod
    from UK

Hi All. Finally registered. Been running rods over here for years. But now looking to import a hi boy 34 from a dry state and run it here in the UK.
    :D 34rod

2. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Hey there from another limey.

You running anything at the moment?

3. Welcome from a former Limey...lots of us on here!

4. welcome from the south..

5. 34rod

34rod
    from UK

Hi. Thanks for the welcome messages. Although I have run a few glass 32's & 34's over the last 20 years. I lost interest in our scene for awhile. This is me getting back into something that has been in my blood for as long as I can remember. For all the Limey's, petrol (gas :eek:)) is now at £1.25 a ltr. I know your prices are rising fast as well. So running a V8 takes a lot a cash & interest. I live in North of UK & most of the rod scene is down south making every rod run an event to save up for. That said why should i let the goverment spoil my life long hobby & the friends I have made along the way. Better make it a big block in the next rod then :eek:)

6. oxo

oxo
    from England

Hey there 34rod i too have just joined this cool site and i`m also from the north of england,a pal of mine has just bought a model a from a dry us state and is expecting it soon so if you do go down the import route and need any advice on shipping etc gisa mail and i will put you in touch with him.We are near Manchester.....oxo

7. skyrodder

skyrodder

good luck on your hunt, and Welcome from Houston Texas

8. 34rod

34rod
    from UK

OXO: Yeh, would like contact details of importer. I am not miles away from manchester as I am in Holmfirth. OXO are you going to Billing? I am. Give me a mail if you want to meet

9. Jim30A

Jim30A

Welcome 34rod, I've recently imported a 30A Coupe, so If you want any advice when the time comes just message me

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

34rod, Have you spoken to Geordie Paul at Duksville yet? He's only in ashton under Lyne not to far from you.