Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Flatz???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COS, May 19, 2008.

1. COS

COS
    from KCMO

I know there has been some post on here about this before but would like to see three of there colors on vehicles so if any one has used the Hot Rod Flatz Daytona Blue Pearl or Midnight Blue Pearl or Twilight Black Metallic I would like to see them on a car instead of a chip book or on their site!! Thanks for the help VIVA LA HAMB!!

Looking for some cheap temp paint so I can get her sealed up better than the family dollar flat black I have been using the past five years... until I can finish my mods and get some shiny on her..

-COS

2. plw

plw

just my 2 cents, worst crap I've ever used.

3. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

If you've been spray-bombing it, you might as well save the money to do it once and do it right. You need to strip that spray bomb junk off before you put real paint on it. Just my opinion, but I don't like doing the same thing to the same car twice.

5. COS

COS
    from KCMO

I am going to strip the "SPRAY BOMB CRAP OFF" first then shoot it with the worst stuff ever keep in mind I am a poor white boy and this is my daily driver that I am still doing body mods to my vehicle...My club and I do a little work to it here and there then spray over it until the next time we work on it. I wish I had the money to take it to a body shop drop it off and get it back in a few weeks done but in my world that is not going to happen any time soon (unless I hit the powerball!!)... So my toughts would be instead of spray bombing it with cheap family dollar crap that has no sealing properties what so ever I would use this to get me by (another year or two) until I have all the mods done and the money to shoot it right...I could do the mods get a primer gun out spray it with the FLATZ and if I run out I can get another gallon cheap and keep doing this until it is all done then spend the big money and get it all shiny... is my thinking wrong or do any of you have any better sugestions?? My ears are open!! I am just trying to use something that is a little better than $2 cans of flat black...

Now can I see some pics of some vehicles with the above colors on them please???

THIS WILL NOT BE MY END ALL SAY ALL PAINT JOB JUST SOMETHING TO GET ME BY RIGHT NOW that is better than cheap spray bomb flat black!!

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

7. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Any suggestions for a guy that is still working on his car and drives it everyday??

8. tommy v

tommy v

shit sucks,use base coat

9. du$ty

du$ty

my home boy and me are painting my truck a most likely a satin blue this weekend.im sanding down as much of the old paint as possible..im down to bear metal and bondo..then hes gonna do a sealer and primer..then some base coats and put a flatting agent in the clear to keep the satin look..he knows what hes doing hes a painter by trade..paints things shiney & everything....i will see what he does and try and pay as much attention as i can..so hit me up next week im sure ill post picts of my trendy cheap paint job as some sort of mixed up progress...quick and cool..and its your ride do what ya want.

10. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

First...read my sig...I'm not trying to be a dick here, I just don't want to see you waste your hard earned dollar. For a little more than what the flatz cost, buy some PPG Shop Line paint. It's their "buget" line that is better than OMNI and really looks good. I shot my last car with it and will shoot my next car with it. Believe me I'm trying to help you out, I know how it is to stretch a dollar when you have to.

Bill

11. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

if your looking to spray your car, then do work, and just spray those areas again, you cant with this stuff. its a single stage. when you do this you get over spray rings and then you have to sand them out. just get some base coat and activate it. it looks a hundred times better and you can go back and spot those spots in later and you cant really tell. its a lot less work to spray BC too.

12. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I didn't use any of the 3 colors you mentioned,
    but I wouldn't work with Hot Rod Flatz again.

13. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

14. 33mopower

33mopower

I used Kustom shops bc/cc in gloss black and was happy with it. As shiny as anything I have ever shot and I hosed it on with no chance of running it. I vote you go with the bc/cc with the flattened clear. And yes I have heard it's dupont omni.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Thanks for all the input looks like I will have to go a different route??

-COS

16. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

i have used that restoration shop paint and i was pleased with what came out. just doesnt come in flat.