Register now to get rid of these ads!

My coupe is back terrorizing the streets!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, May 19, 2008.

1. Well, since Febuary I have been working non stop on my 30 coupe, transforming it from stocker to hot rod. For the build, please read here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247168

So, I finally got it the point of being able to drive it again. It feels so good, and I absolutly love the way it looks now :D It still needs some finish work, interior work ,and most important, the souped up B engine (still has the stock A in it for now) Sorry if I am exhausting this, but I am just so happy to own a car like this!!!!!

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phlip

phlip

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nothing should ever change on this car. It's absolutely perfect. It'll make a nice driver while you fix your '41's little fender bender from over the weekend.:eek:

4. zzford

zzford

Lookin' good! In my book, the best change you made was losing the snow!

5. 19 Lug Nuts ... You Are A Animal!

6. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

My god Chris you,ve done it again!

7. What??? ruin a good car :D

8. Yeah, one stud is broke...that is on my list of "other odds and ends to finish up" ;)

9. That car is gorgeous.

JH

10. Thanks Harrison :) Kinnda irronic the day the car gets on the road, my other gets knocked down!

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice shots...love the black and white. I have to agree, the www s make the car look more awsome than it is. Sorry about the car crash on your other car !

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I have to say I love what ya did to this little coupe. It is making me wish i had fenders for my Model A pick up. I also have to say i like it alot more with out the caps. Oh yeah the 32 bumpers look right at home on it as well. .............NICE RIDE.............:D

13. Mopar34

Mopar34

Nice car.:cool: New wheels, trim rings and www make it distinctive looking. New bumper too, also nice. I envy you, it's a great looking car. Lucky to get one that so solid, when so many are not.

Did some one say that you had a set of 4 polished aluminum spinner wheels or order?? Nah, I think that was some one else's car.:rolleyes::D:D

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... so classic... great proportions...

15. Satin46

Satin46

Hi,
    Very nice! I am new here but have a similar coupe. If you get a chance could you take a photo of how the visor attaches across the front, especially the corners where it rounds over. I am going to try and make my own vinyl roof insert and my visor is boogered up across the front and I don't know how it's supposed to be.
    Thanks,
    Jim

16. Muttley

Muttley

That is AWESOME!!! Are those my decals in the quarter windows?

17. Yeppers :D I have a couple more I may put on, but don't want it to look too cluttered!

18. Jasonic

Jasonic

You have absolutely nailed it with this one.

19. wayfarer

wayfarer

Is it going to be terrorizing the steer inn on Wednesday night? The pix are at Audubon park, right?

20. Wayfarer, yeah, I may take it there if it's not raining...I think it's suppost to! And yes, drove it to that park on my lunch for some pics in the sun!

21. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

you inspired me, i found a real patina'd A, got whitewalls 32 bumpers and dropped axle waiting for it. picking her up next week...........ur rad! keep it up man! -jordan

22. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

Hey Chris, your coupe looks just like the one that used to hang around the gas station in our neighborhood in the late fifties. The kid put an 8BA flathead in it. It was just a stock one with a single carb but he removed the hood sides to show off a chromed air cleaner and radiator tubes. Anyway he always had starter or battery problems so he and his buddy had to get out and shove it to get it started. Nice job.

23. Hell yeah Jordan, we'll have our own "A team" :D:D:D

24. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

thats right! ill have to drive it up there this summer after B'ville!!!!!!!!!!

25. Chris 50

Chris 50

I've seen so many A's without the fenders, it's refreshing to see your car. IMHO, one more inch or so down in the front. I like a mean rake. Either way, perfect.

26. Gerg

Gerg

you kept the fenders on!!! you are my hero now love the car keep up the good work.

27. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Real nice. I like the way the tires tuck in those fenders!