Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice Needed...Car and tool junk taking my gargae

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, May 12, 2008.

1. Ed, I like the car in the attic. I guess that is the next step for me...

2. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

i dont think that is a whole car.... i thought it was just the front clip.. oh well.

with my shop someone prior to me built a half attic on the northside which is where my compressor and other "not so much used" things go... and SHELVING... have lots of it. the more the better, and cram stuff in there, no dead space.

3. fix

fix

That sure is a clean garage. I'm just in the next state. You want me to bring over some rust and dirt to help you move in?

4. Well, it looks like nobody has answered your question, they've suggested ways to deal with keeping what you have. I'll try to address paring down :eek:. Alright, take a deep breath. I guess you have to decide if you're gonna be like a shotgun, or a sniper rifle. As in, what are you gonna focus on- a dozen projects, or, three or four? In other words, how many lumps do you want?

Thanks,
    Kurt

5. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

That 65 Bonneville clip is cut off just behind the back edge of the front bumper. All the sheet metal is bolted to the core support, and that is bolted to the floor up there. 1/4" plywood separates the side that joists were cut out of from the 14x26 side where they didnt jack with it. To top it all off, after cutting the joists and angle supports, they hung track lighting and light show cans up there.....Lucky they never saw a good snow load!

As for the Dirt and rust, this is my embroidery shop area. Not all my clients like rust and grease on their apparel, so I try to keep it a bit nicer than my pole building where I hope to play cars someday.

6. blown9746

blown9746

ever though of hanger space at bermuda dunes? I don't know the rates, but one of my buddies used to do that out in jersey to store all his dirt toys and cars

7. Hi Blown9746, The wait at bermuda dunes is over 10 years. I heard that they have space at Jackie Cocheran in Thermal, but that is a hike.

Are there any other HAMB guys out here?