Register now to get rid of these ads!

KB Internationa help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Juggalo56, May 17, 2008.

1. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

Hey guys im working on a 47 KB3 International. I dont have any suspension and I was planning on running an IFS setup but I was wondering if anyone knows what the original track width of the K or KB 1-3 was? These were built from 41-49. I know guys run s-10 chassis alot which are 58 inch and some guys run mustang II which is 56.5 but I still would like to know what the original hub to hub track width was on these old IH trucks.
    thanks
    Dave

2. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

BTT for the day time

3. LowFat48

LowFat48

the listed track width in my manual is 58 9/32 "

4. Terraizer

Terraizer

They are around 60" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. I'am doing a S-10 chassis under my 1942 K-2 in the next week are so. I would love to do the Dakota front end under my 1955 S-100 but Phoenix is to far to haul it plus i would like to do the work myself.

5. krooser

krooser

Fatman can do a MII on that chassis...at least they would several years ago when I had my last KB1

6. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

Thanks guys. i knew i could get a quick answer on here.

ELpolacko thats is some awesome work. you just gave me so many ideas my brain is going in every direction possible. Where do you get all the components and setup for the dakota front end. is that somethin you just studied and measured the Original then set it up with new parts. building your own brakets or did you take a dead frame from a Dakota and mold it into a new frame?

Thanks again. i love this site
    Dave

7. Each one of those was a one off deal. I didn't make any patterns, but both of them I sort of modified some of the stuff that I make for other applications. I free built each one instead of building a jig like I do for the other stuff.

Now with my new equipment it makes more sense to keep copies on file for future reference.

8. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

you definatly do some great work. And like i said i now have so many things to think about. and i like the direction you took with the extra tube work on the frame for extra support and rigidity of the frame.

thanks again
    Dave