Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown 5-17-08 W/PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, May 18, 2008.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I love that car , Frank - good to see you're usin' the hell out of it !! Too bad about the pot hole , and all the mud , I guess ;) . I bet the tow guy was wondering WTF you were up to , lol !

2. King Richard

King Richard
    from Dover, PA

This was my first year going. I will go every year from now on. I had a blast. Everybody was laid back, drinking PBR, and wearing a smile from ear to ear. I am looking forward to the jalopy drags !!!!

3. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

You all suck for having a good time. I went to the absolute worst wedding ever. Can't believe I missed such a great event for that crap. Nice turn-out. Congrats Larry on what appears to be another super-showdown!

4. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

That is the photo essay from hell! Awesome job.

5. John O

John O
    from Central NJ

Woody thanks for the great pics...It was a wet drive on Friday but the evening party was good! Great weather on Saturday. I had to bail early due to being subject to a road rager in an HHR. I'm in need of a 54 Merc windshield? Anyone?

Attached Files:

6. Skimmer

Skimmer

Great pics , good turnout and alot of happy looking people ......Spot on ..

7. noboD

noboD

Thanks for the pics, Goodwood. Sandybeaches, did you buy the T? I'm sure I can have it delivered.

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Good pics Woody .Thanks for take them, Sorry i could not make it family things on Sat.

9. Hey, thats my vending spot. Man, you guys cleaned us out!

[​IMG]

10. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Can anyone tell me whose car this is? It had a lot of kool details, and I just liked it. It has a H.A.M.B plate on the firewall, but I never saw anyone at the car. I snapped this shot while they were leaving, and I hated to bother them then..................... Thanks........... Woody
    [​IMG]

11. 68Caddy

68Caddy

WOW!!! those are some sweet pics! I can't believe I missed that show again.

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

great coverage. thanks for sharing

13. sdfs10

sdfs10

Great pic's. I had a good time!

14. sodas38

sodas38

Man that's how you do a sport coupe right there. Thanks for the great pics Wood.

15. noboD

noboD

No offense to anyone, but I'd say this is by far my favorite car this year. Everything about the car was RIGHTEOUS.

16. hot rod surplus

hot rod surplus

hey woody thanks for posting pics of my modified i am the one with the hood up after spitting out a spark plug . track was perfect thanks to larry and kim and everybody else that helped out thanks for doing this see you next year. best show ever ......

17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots !! I ended up getting my butt kicked by an electrical gremlin.... got there a little after 5. Sorry I missed you and your honey...maybe next time.
    But I did get there but that is another thread.......proof you say?

[​IMG]

18. Buildy

Buildy

I saw that 5 window when it was leaving too. I wasn`t set up to get a pic,and then it was gone. I missed a bunch of great cars.

I didn`t even see that car in post #45.

Another cool car I stupidly didn`t shoot was that green suede primer Hi-boy....

19. Loppy

Loppy

Wow! Great coverage. Next year, I'm there!

20. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

make sure you keep all that mud and bring it the the NSRA show in york while you park next to someones polished ride

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I could be wrong but I do believe it is Coop31's. GREAT guy and AWESOME car.

Woody, it was wonderful to meet you and Sandy. I enjoyed chatting with you both. Thanks for the gift, they will look perfect in my kitchen. Hope to see you two sometime this summer.

22. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like some folks were having a lot of fun! I especially liked the camping pictures, it looks like the way to go! Congratulatons Larry. Looks like a great success. I'd love to make is at least one time!

J.

23. LabRat

LabRat

WOW thanks for takin the time to post all these great pic's ....

24. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Great pics. Had a blast , again. Didnt take too many pics this year, so its nice to see them here.

25. aceuh

aceuh

Great pics! It looks like there was a fine line between the cars that were tryin to stay clean and the ones that were tryin to get dirty!

26. A few more pics from my camera.

What a great show always! A special thanks to Larry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Just a couple more...

[​IMG]
    Our Hero Scary Larry!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Our poor freind CuznBrucie's car submerged in the mud, I hear reports that he got out and took a sponge bath afterwards (I don't know who with) :D.

28. coop31

coop31

Woody, thanks for the pictures of my car. First event for me and the wife and will be there for now on. I was great to finally meet everyone and thanks for the nice words on the 32.

29. :confused:No I didn't, but I wished I could have....I am really searching for a nice pick-up. By nice I mean rusty and running and some work to do on it.....:rolleyes:I think I have wished for one too long....going to stop thinking about it and then one will turn up.....:cool:

30. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I know it's mostly about the cars and the people but these guys are good. When was the last time you heard "Sleep walk" by Santo and Johnny done beautifully by a live band? I really enjoyed the guitars.