Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can a HAMB er in the philly area help my girlfriend and i out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, May 4, 2008.

1. Not ONE of you folks have an extra old car you aren't taking to the Jalopy Showdown? Shit, hook him up with an old Camaro or something, what the Hell.

2. Bilko-1949

Bilko-1949
    1. GMB

I will follow suit along with HIMJIVELY, Wetatt4u! I will offer up 50 bones also to the person that can pull this off. When I was married I didn't have a car at the time and my wifes grandfather set up a deal with a neighbor of his. He drove us from the wedding to the reception in his model a, that is something I will never forget in my life time.

Mike

3. 41CADDYWIDOW

41CADDYWIDOW

Thanks Mike- that's really nice of you. I really appreciate all the feedback on this. The prom is only a week away. My son, James rented a black pinstripped tux. He wished jeans were acceptable.
    The line up starts at 5:30. Prom opens at 6. Its at Pennsbury HS. they decorate the school. We've been making decorations and painting murals since January- students and parents both get involved. Theme is TV shows. There are some vidoes on Utube from prior years. Its a lot of fun. Linda

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

somebody get this kid laid...

5. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

someone needs to help them out. how great would it be to show up to Prom like this.... :D :eek:

A Night to Remember<br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=33698019&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

to the top,,,one last try,,,,,

all we need is one person to come through,,
    we need a person with a cool car (not necessarily a hamb type car, although that would be the coolest)...for about two hours to help make some great memories for these kids,,,

i appreciate the hambers who have added "incentives"...thanks guys..:)

thought we'd have something lined up by now,,,at this point, the prom is less than a week away...

please consider helping us out...

7. i am jumping on the bribe band wagon-offering to pay for a years alliance membership for who ever can help jim out,lets make tis happen!!!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ok, here's an idea. Philly suburbs have to be like Detroit in the fact that every night of the week there is a number of cruz nights. Kustom777 and his girlfriend need to attend one or two on each day early this upcoming week. You'll then need to approach owners of cars and just ask. Someone you approach has got to want to make a quick $50 bucks for two hours on Saturday night.

9. yea and get locked up for solicatation

10. You say that like it's the end of a promising career.

I'd do it, it'd be fun, but I'm in Chicago, and Philly is 8 hours, one way, in a normal car. I think. Never really had a normal car.

Cosmo

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

last time,,,,,i promise,,
    i know everyones sick of this post,,but taking one last stab at it,,
    doesn't anyone have a friend etc with a cool car thats not busy for TWO hours?

12. AssGasket

AssGasket

Shit, I'd let you borrow my Rambler for the whole damn week-end if it didn't have a busted main leaf spring in the rear...

Old cars are really easy to steal with 3 feet of wire and a screwdriver...

Ok, I wouldn't recommend that, but at least my non-helpful information gave you a bump...

13. mayej

mayej
    from Tok, AK

Could help ya, but we're all down here bro, sorry man.

But with 3 feet of wire.......

14. Movinman

Movinman

Add another 7 hours to that, and you will be a little closer... The distance is about 900 miles.

15. I though someone would have stepped up to the plate by now,,,

I had a couple of thoughts,,,is there anyone you know in a club,,,be it street rod,van or even VW that might be willing to help you out.

Or run a classified ad in the local paper,,under collector cars,,and ask for help,,,I really don't think everybody in your area will be at the showdown.

At this point in time I'm afraid the Hamb has let you down.:( HRP

16. Big Tony

Big Tony

Yea but he would be the talk of the prom when you did one of your Piston and Paint burnout entries......:D

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I'm Sorry Man.....
    Just for sh*ts and grins, I did a mapquest to NJ state line and It was right at 500 miles one way,
    I can't make that trip,
    Hell its hard for me to drive across town!
    BUT i'll still hold true to the fifty bucks bribe..............AND BUMP BTTT....

18. 41CADDYWIDOW

41CADDYWIDOW

My son has found a car. its a 2004 Honda Civic. It has blue led lights underneath and on the wipers. its got one of those engines that sounds like a weed whacker. its been lowered and painted neon lime green. It has blacked out windows and medallions hanging from the rear view mirror.
    He has decided to take a big wheel instead and pull his date on a skateboard. Good thing we live close !

19. Either way it's a sad day in HAMB land. Sorry I'm not closer.:(

20. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

someone help this youngster out please.

21. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

bttt, ...

less than a week to go. Everyone in the US is up for it, but in the Philly area... wow

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I remember when I took the stepdaughter to the prom with my 29 A C-Dan.. It was cool.. too bad no one wants to help up there. There are far more hot rods than are gonna be at the show and id bet a lot of customs and shit that aint going.. Good luck
    Dave

23. one last ditch effort for the kid btt

24. Somebody needs to help this guy out,,,I mean,,This is the Hamb ain't it!:confused: HRP

25. Did anybody step up and help this guy,,,,
    the insentives are great,,,

5 FREE shirts from HIMJIVELY
    50 BUCKS FROM WETATT4U
    50 BUCKS FROM BILKO-1949
    AND A 1 YEAR PAID ALLIANCE MEMBERSHIP FROM HOTRODSURFER

hrp

26. Did anybody step up and help this guy,,,,
    the insentives are great,,,

5 FREE shirts from HIMJIVELY
    50 BUCKS FROM WETATT4U
    50 BUCKS FROM BILKO-1949
    AND A 1 YEAR PAID ALLIANCE MEMBERSHIP FROM HOTRODSURFER

I'm on the hole in my pocket list but I can bring the thread up one more time. :) HRP

27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I hope the kids get to go and have a great time even without being able to show off a little bit driving up to the entrance.
    Maybe theirs a life lesson in their somewhere..
    So much for hotrodders sticking together ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Not trying to bite anyone in the ass ,Sorry if it seems that way!

28. 41CADDYWIDOW

41CADDYWIDOW

Well,my son, James and his date, Alyson are at the Prom ! Jim (kustom7777)was able to borrow a 65 Tbird convertible from a friend. It went really nice. The " parade" to enter took about 2 hours by the time everyone unloaded. They start it at another school now and go onto the streets as well, so spectators were everywhere. Not a lot of old cars. There was 1 kustom that I saw. I think it was an early 50s Chevy, chopped, nosed, decked. There was a pretty nice Ford too, I believe a 1929 or 30. Jim would know more about these, but he was driving and did not see them. Lots of floats, fire trucks, trollys, police cars go carts and such. Thank you for all the support we got James, Jim and I appreciate it. I know it was a busy weekend with car shows. Hope they were awesome. We would have liked to have been at them ourselves !
    Linda

29. Bilko-1949

Bilko-1949
    1. GMB

Linda,
    So who do I send the money too??? Let me know and I will get it on the way.

Thanks Mike

30. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

MEEEEEEEEE!!!

just kidding,,,,,,
    as linda said, we really appreciate all the nice "incentives" that were offered,,,my friend lent his car as a favor to me and would never accept money or any other incentive from anyone,,BUT thanks for all the great offers!
    it was an unfortunate coincidence that the jalopy showdown and some other car things happened to be going on the same day,,,it all worked out fine in the end,,james and his date had a blast,,,,,
    linda's daughter has a tiny dog called a japanese chin that rode with us for 10 mins or so,,,,
    i kept hearing people say "how cute" and "how adorable" and "awwwww",,,,,

i was really disappointed when i realized they were talking about the dog,,,,,hahah,,,,