Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saved From The Crusher!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket8, May 17, 2008.

1. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

this car was goin to the crusher to be made into a cube!!!! but shes got a good home now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

WUT IS/WAS IT? Pontiac /Buick? lots of potential.

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

IHSDFKHJSDDKHJSDF!!!!!

Holy shit thats cool!!!!!

56 Olds? You NEED to post more pics!!

4. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

yes, 56 olds. lemme grab summore pix for ya'll

5. biscaynes

biscaynes

awesum, great save! love the roofline.:cool:

6. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

the pix kida suck becuase of the half of a 30s truck cab that was stuffed in the motor compartment...but none the less here is some more pix from the yard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im really excited to get to work on this baby and a score of a life time for $300....but my 52 olds needs to be alittle farther along first....

7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I havent seen your 52, but Id be tempted to put THAT on hold. You might just have the coolest 56 Olds ever in the making there man.

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Great save. Sure wish there were more feel good stories like this one.

Though here in Ky. most are totally gone, but it breaks my heart to see how many are going to the crusher. I'm sure its going on everywhere.:(

9. swill67

swill67
    from merced, ca

Nice save. It's already tail dragger too. I'll give you the quote my neighbors give me. "That's going to look nice... when it's fixed up." Seriously, great find and save!

10. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i know man, its VERY tempting to put the 52 on hold, there isnt much work left on it and then im jumpin right into the 56. i can decided if im going to try and save the rear quarters....i was thinking of going with 56 chevy rear quarters?? but not sure on that yet..i just dont think the packard set up really matches the car...what do you guys think?

and id like to end up with the coolest 56 EVER! hahahaha.:cool:

11. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

yea, its a darn shame alright. but im glad i could save one.

12. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

man thats awesome, good score.

13. Old Gold

Old Gold

Good God. Why would somebody have even THOUGHT about scrapping that beauty!

14. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

..i was thinking of going with 56 chevy rear quarters?? but not sure on that yet..

I would look into '54 (?) Kiaser 1/4s... or go back stock & start over

15. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Fantastic save brother! Thumbs up to you!! If you ever get tired of messin with it, I'll double your $$. :)

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

No way man, those 56 Packards TOTALLY fit what is going on with the car. The chop looks really really nice, Im surpriised, the back window flows nice, I dont know how a windshield will fit as those curved jobbies are tricky, doubt Ill ever attempt one. But yeah I would think twice, 3, 5, 100 times before cutting out those Packards.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree that the Packard tailights totally go with the roofline of the car.
    It's a great save, and even if you end up not finishing it yourself, I'm sure there's plenty of other folks that would love to take it off your hands/build it!

18. Funny how we all think differently.....I would KEEP the quarters and redo the chop, the 1/4 glass looks odd to me.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Congratulations ! what a great score!,.... I agree, it looks like the original design idea was dead on,. everything seems to flow and work together, which is really hard to achieve on a full custom. If the look of this car grabbed you like it did me when I seen the pictures:D, just finish it,..... it would be interesting to find out who owned/did the work to this point.

20. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

21. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

congads. cool car glad you could save it. Wonder what the story is behind it?

22. Volvo544special65

Volvo544special65

WTF? Great that you saved it, it looks pretty cool to me, is it in a very bad shape or are the bodywork badly done or why was anyone even thinking of scrapping it?

23. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

I think you need to hang a hood and some bumpers on it to mock up at your desired ride height and see what you really got. You need to get the complete picture of what you have ther before you make any drastic decisions, just my opinion. Great save!

Marty McF.

24. Another vote to keep the Packards!!!!!!!

25. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

the rear quarter glass line is abit odd to me as well, a buddy of mine and myself were lookin at that lastnight, and we came up with some neat ideas. as far as body work goes, the car is pretty straight overall with afew exceptions here and there, but everything can be fixed. i have a great group of friends along with my club brothers, and i think between us all this car is really going to turn out nice.
    i'll start posting progress pics for sure once i begin the work to "BAMBINA" (for all you non-italians that means baby)

i still donno bout those goddamn packards....but we'll get to that when we get to that! hahahaha

26. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

i still donno bout those goddamn packards....but we'll get to that when we get to that! hahahaha[/quote]

Look at '55 Plymouth.... Same basic design just not so played out & a Lil more conservitive !

Remeber, On a fine Custom .... "Less is More !!"

27. skyrodder

skyrodder

Hell yeah , that thing is badass, some one was headed in the right direction with it... please keep us posted on the build man...

28. DrJ

DrJ

Needs 2-3" taken out of the A pillar.
    Rake of the roof is goofy.

Why scrapped?
    Maybe the city started fineing him for having it at home and that was the only way out?

29. Great save. I vote to keep the packards. Maybe 57 chevy quarters

Bill

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

That cab looks like a 37 or 38 chevy and I need a drivers door if its repairable. Jeff