Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes Model A reverse eye main springs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoalTownKid, May 16, 2008.

1. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Just looking for the reverse eye main spring for a stock model A rear spring. Who carries them? Thanks

2. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Posies makes Model A rear springs with the reversed eyes--$245.95. www.posiesrodsandcustoms.com or 717-566-3340 Their catalog says they are 2 1/2" lower than stock and have the Super Slide buttons.

3. Vern Tardel has the reversed main leafs for 75.00 @ www.verntardel.com

...But heres a question...who makes Model T reversed eyed main leafs??????

4. I've always had a "Spring & Axle" shop make mine..Look in yellow pages...
    Probably need to be a fair size city to have that service available..sometimes listed as "Spring & Brake"

5. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chassis Engineering has reversed eye main leaves. I paid 45 bucks two years ago.

6. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

I had Moore Spring in Stockton, CA make mine, and they also made a narrow version when I had my quick change alxes made a couple of inches too long.
    You should also be able to get your local spring shop/truck shop to build you one.

7. flatford39

flatford39

There has been a number of posts here about reversing the eyes on the front spring. It actually looks pretty easy. Why not use the same approach with the rear.

Would like to hear from anyone who has done it as that is what I am planning to do.

8. firemanjer

firemanjer
    from Colorado

John Heckman likes this.
  9. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I've reversed my spring eyes(just a regular spring recurved the oppisite way) I used a HF. pipe bender to recurve the spring. do about an inch at a time,then going left,and right,so as not to put too much strain,on any one place. Real easy/cheap. You can also de-arch rear springs this way too.

sdluck likes this.
  10. THANK YOU! Gonna order one Monday :D

11. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

I "only" need the main spring,....not an entire new spring....thanks though

12. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Langs Model T parts has them or did have them!!

13. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Since Posies is in PA ,like you are, it might be worth calling them to see if they sell just the main leaf. Might save on shipping compared to getting it out West---just a thought. But then there might be sales tax!

14. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

I'll call them....

15. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

That's EXACTLY what I was originally plannng to do.

BUT,...when I called a reputable spring shop thathas been around for years and years (Stengle Brothers in Allentown, PA) not far from where I live, and told them in plain english what I needed, they guy said he "wasn't sure how it would come out, if at all??" I was actually really surprised to hear that from such a reputable place. Easy job with all the machinery they have, you'd think I haven't been the first guy to ask to have this done?

When asked flat out, could he do it or not, he said "oh yeah we can do that, but I'm not sure how it would hold up, or how well it would come out..." Obviously wants the business regardless of whether or not they know what they're doing!

16. This company makes both "A" and "T" springs, I just bought a reversed eye rear main leaf from them http://www.t-springs.com/history.html This is a link to there "T" springs, you will have to search for their "A" spring list as I have just deleted it this AM. Sorry bought that. WAIT!! I found the one for the "A" springhttp://www.a-springs.com/
    I have a Posies rear spring and it was a pain in the "A" to install and i would sell it cheap, you can't use a regular spring spreader on them because they locate on the eyes
    I just checked and Tardel's is cheaper for the "A" reversed eye main leaf by about $ 10 not sure about shipping costs the one I bought from the a-spring co was $97 with shipping to Ca.

17. 100% Matt

100% Matt

18. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Place two C-clamps on the main leaf and bear the spreader against them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Harley Charley

Harley Charley

EVERYONE carries them! I'm trying to find a spring without the reversed eyelets and they're harder to find than the ones with reversed eyelets! I need to raise the front on mine, as I have only 3.5" of clearance between the pan and the ground...Good luck with yours!