Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for all you Detroit Hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by double nickel, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I am looking for a good Junkyard that will let you scavenge. Any around with older cars? PM me if you don't want to give a away any hidden yards.

2. Warhoops out on 18 1/2 and VanDyke. They have some of the old stuff, but most of it has been there for a loooooong time, and is becoming part of the landscape.

3. I used to go there, but heard that is gone now?

4. danville

danville
    from Westland

THere is a yard on 8 mile where Groesbeck ends- dont know the name, but it is where they drop off all the mother wattles type donated cars. It costs a buck to get in and you pull your own parts. Lots of later model stuff- columns,brakes, rearends

5. ambman

ambman

There's a couple downriver that let you look around, mostly late model though, Taylor Auto salvage and CTS near Telegraph and Pennsylvania, the place on 8 mile by Groesbeck hade some 50's stuff in there last time I was there about a month ago. There's a place in Inkster off Michigan avenue that occasionally has some old stuff in there, it's called Bishops.

6. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Well I dont know if he's still around- The city closed him but he was still able to take in cars and sell some stuff- Out in Marine City basically at the end of 26 Mile Rd (Marine City Hwy)- The yard is Total Recal auto Parts and the guys name is Tom and hes into old fords- Its worth stopping buy just to chat with him- You may need to call first and tell him Radio Joe sent ya.

Also there is a place out in the Port Huron area on Dove Rd off Wadhams- Named DAVE'S- Got alot of old stuff out back last time I was there and they let ya wander all you want!

There were 2 really cool places out towards ALMONT my dad took me to- dealing almost exclusively with classics. One place was called "Bob's" and the other was something like "Sics and Sons"- those 2 places were AWESOME.

7. This is great stuff guys, thanks and keep it coming.

8. Kaline

Kaline

Parts Galore I is on 8 Mile near Groesbeck. THey have some old vehicles. This is a U-Pull-It yard with flat rate pricing (meaning all door are $30, all seats are $33, etc).

Check out the new Parts Galore II in Detroit. It is located on Warren, just east of Livernois. It has a much better "Old Stuff" section of probably 40-50 cars, mostly 1960-1980 vehicles. Both locations have the same pricing and their prices cannot be beat.

Warhoops on 18.5 Mile road between Van Dyke and Mound had a lot of old stuff, However, it is dirty and unorganized. Be prepared for mud, bees, etc.

Bob's Auto Parts in Fostoria, Michigan is one of the only classic-only yards around. However, the owner recently passed away and the yard was closed. All 1800 vehicles in the yard are being auctioned the weekend of May 17-18.

Ryan's Auto Parts has some older cars at their Hubbell Street in Detroit location. However, they are not a U-Pull-It yard. http://www.ryansautoparts.com/

I hope this helps.