Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drag Strip with Air Bags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorbreath53, May 15, 2008.

1. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

Hey Friends....

I've done a couple searches, but can't find much... so sorry ahead if i'm asking an answered question......

I'm building a 53' chev pick up.... plans include a big block V-8 with a manual trans.... chopped, frenched, shaved, flat blacked, tuck n rolled widewhites on some smoothies with chrome caps, cheaters in the rear......etc.... (mix of Go-Fast, and Custom I guess...... and don't laugh... its better than the billet clad Pro Street I wanted when I was 15...:rolleyes: )

I want this thing low... really low. So, i'm thinking bags on all four with mustang II front, and 4 link Ford 9 rear....

My question though, is ... Does anybody running bags on all 4 have experiance on the drag strip? Can you have the best of both worlds? Bagged and evil looking, and drivable enough to push down the 1/4 or the occasional stop light grand prix? I understand, that the truck will not be a corner carver, but.... you get the idea...

Thanks ahead...

2. been there done that ....i have full air ride on my 67 deuce it will run high elevens in the quarter....but the air ride works well ..but it works even better if the rear is set up with an adjustable shock..so you can play with fast or slow weight transfer .im even thinking about playing with air pressure changes in the rear to kinda pre sag the rear for better weight transfer to the tires.............do it its the best of both worlds.......

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  3. motorbreath53

motorbreath53
    from SoCal

sick..... thats all good news man... i'll be awful happy if I can make this brick run in the 11's..... but if its that quick i'll have to give my current go-fast mustang a stern talking to....

how bout' some pics of some vehicles that can do the double duty?