Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old age sneaking up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, May 12, 2008.

1. 1955 I saw a 36 ford 3 window on Marvin Lee's car lot in Pasadena. it had a rambler front seat that folded down into a bed (connected to the rumble seat) man I never went to a drive in movie without dreaming of that car!

fast forward last night. I found two free seats in a neighbors front yard. one fits my GMC perfect but doesn't recline (my trucks chopped channeled and sectioned) the other is a rear van seat that folds down to a bed. I have both stripped down to bare frames and building the one that fits to fully recline to a bed. as I started thinking of roadside naps on long trips, I flashed back to that 36 ford and realized I am a Old fuck!! now that really hurts lol

I think I should add "I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just checked your profile.................YEAH, you are old ( at least a couple more than me )

3. Yup. The good part though is that we're still puttin' the plan together.

Charlie

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It ain't sneakin' no more.:D

5. pitman

pitman

Heh, young geezer, to an old Pro! Ya got a profile to admire man! :eek:

6. NONAME...your still just a young pup....wait till your 75,then you can say your old..I dont act that way as I'm still Texas' oldest teenager

7. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Old age didn't sneak up on me either...it Fargin' POUNCED.

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like naps!! I can close my eyes and sleep anywhere. Thats why on my free time I never stop moving. Get a hell of alot done that way.
    Had a friend who use to fall asleep with his eyes open. Scared the shit outa me.Thought he died! Here when he was in Nam on guard duty he kept his eyes open and slept. Lucky he didn't get himself or anyone else killed.

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Ahhh yes...the American Rambler, I remember it well, it was the best F***ing car on the road. And probably still is.

HellRaiser

10. afan

afan
    from michigan

you have to grow old, BUT you don't have to grow up!!

11. 4tford

4tford

You really don't think about it untill something points it out to you. Mine was this past month when I signed up for social security, but what the hell just a few more bucks for car parts. We got this far and still enjoying the fun stuff!

12. Yes, You've got 20+ years on me but I like the way you think. And it aint over til it's over. I've got a rumble seat '36 3W in the shop and now I've this urge to find a Rambler seat that folds into a bed so I can take the wife to the drive in ! He he .........

The heck with naps on trips.

Johnnie.

13. 41woodie

41woodie

Kind of like the Sioux snuck up on Custer

14. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I was with a group of club members helping to finish a 30'x60' garage for anouther member when I had a hart attack. Now thats old age sneaking up.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Now you need to change your site to oldguycarglass

16. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

As long as you're getting older...you're ahead of the other option! KEEP GOING!

17. James Curl

James Curl

You never get old if you a hot rodder at heart, I drove my 48 Plymouth to Hot August Nights and Bonneville for my seventy first birthday. Was probably the best birthday present I have ever had.

18. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

When I drive my rod I'am 17.

19. Slonaker

Slonaker

NONAME

Yep. It says it all right there. :)

I hope I live long enough to one day say the same. :eek:

Slonaker

20. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Getting old is a good thing, considering the alternative !!! :eek:

21. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

ill second that.......................

22. Royal, most of my local customers refer to me as "the old guy that does glass in old cars" kinda of the reason I took that as a business name.

my cut off date for working on cars floats around 1970 which I consider late model. I do late model exotics just because they are usually at some of the restoration shops I do work for

23. Jim

24. TraderJack

TraderJack

Or , as we OLD guys say, it is hell to die young, but it is worse to grow old, when you have trouble lifting the flat head of a V8

traderjack

25. autobilly

autobilly

YOU GUYS ARE SOOO OLD!:D
    Makes me feel young at 40, but I know what you mean.

26. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

old age? shit i'm 20 and feel like i'm 60 sometimes....

soemtimes i get out of bed and can barely move my back hurts so bad, EVERY morning my hands look like i have been holding onto baseballs all night....arthritis and bulging disks at 20....sucks

27. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Yeah Im almost 24 and my back is already bad and my poor ol knees are going soon from working in a body shop.

28. GlenC

GlenC

Speaking of the alternative...

Feeling a tad maudlin today, just found out I'm going into hospital next week for some corrective surgery, fixing damage to my gut done firstly by picking up a sidevalve short block on my own some 40 years ago, and aggravated by emergency surgery to put a stent in my ticker after a major heart attack in 2005.

Anyway, this is the 'ode to the fallen' for Australian soldiers killed in action over the years.

"They shall grow not old. As we that are left grow old
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them".

Sort of puts the alternative to getting bloody old in perspective don't it...

Cheers, Glen.

29. Hey noname. The way I see it is you've got to experience some of the coolest years of hot rodding and your still going at it. I'd say job well done>>>>.

30. Jim, I knew that about you years ago, sorry I should have told you.