Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I find trash or treasure?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglymailman, May 12, 2008.

1. uglymailman

uglymailman
    from missouri

Cleanin out storage of my Dad's stuff for Mom. Found a 2' stack of gasket set's (intake-rear main-trans-etc). These came to Dad when the guy he worked for that ran the Mopar shop closed down in 68' or 69'. The ones that are marked run from 36' to 58'. Mopar-Victor-Mcgregor. Have Chevy-Ford-Pontiac-Buick-Hudson-Nash-Kaiser-Willies-Henry J etc.
    Some are rusty and some pristine. Should I E-pay em,put in auction or send to the ditch? Uglymailman

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why not list them in the HAMB "For Sale" ads and maybe help some of us out.....?

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Separate the cork from the rest ... keep them or throw them away if you don't want to deal with shrinkage. The rest go in a huge "Misc. Gaskets" box on a high shelf so you don't have to buy a gasket set every time you need something. 40 year old gasket sets aren't worth much unless you NEED one ...

4. noboD

noboD

NOS head gaskets are gold, the new ones are crap. Ebay would tell you exactly what they are worth.

5. Probably isn't much there you can't get rid of right here on the H.A.M.B. As for the cork gaskets, if they aren't broken a couple days in the bath tub in water brings them right back to life. Some of that OLD stuff is pretty hard to come by when you need it.
    Got any 49-55 Olds sets?
    The Wizzard

6. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

what you dont want or need put them on here to sell i might need something from that pile.

7. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

Support your local H.A.M.B. ers...put 'em on here!

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

I can use any Pontiac 316 gaskets.

9. Drive Em

Drive Em

I bought a few thousand individually packaged N.O.S. Cal Custom (actually Fel Pro) and Segal head, header, intake and oil pan gasket sets a few years ago, and I have been slowly selling them off. I still have Nailhead header gaskets, all the 354-392 Hemi stuff is gone, as well a the SOHC 427 Ford stuff. I do have early Olds, Pontiac, and some Buick stuff left. The head gaskets are steel-asbestos-steel gaskets, and they are nice. I also have more 426 Hemi header gaskets than I will ever need. PM me with what you need.

10. uglymailman

uglymailman
    from missouri