Register now to get rid of these ads!

do these taillights make my ass look big?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, May 9, 2008.

1. What kind of car is it? (Or what did it start as) .. ??????

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

50 ford

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

NOW we're talkin!! i can see those canted and flowing up into the fins. NICE!... now get to work!!:D

4. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

my vote would be for the 58 plymouth tail lights :)

5. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

I agree with el Scotto pointy side up.

6. duke182

duke182

good idea. i think i would move them closer together and raise the inside ends up just a hair. just my .02 worth.

7. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

I'd go with the 58 plymouth wagon kites. in my opinion i think that they would look cooler. besides i can think of 4 shoeboxes with the 59 chevy units, a green and black convert , a coupe called the mummy's revenge that also had a small casket grafted into the decklid, a white vickie that was in one of my little books and one cut into a pick up. Go with the 58's:cool:

8. evol55

evol55

I dont think those lights look right the way they are , but if you put them pointy side up they would look a hell of alot better. I looked at the 58 Ply. Wagon lights Now those look alot better. Just my thought and it is your car you do what you want with it.

9. OLLIN

OLLIN

thats exactly what I was thinking ;)

10. OLLIN

OLLIN

maybe someone could photoshop these on?

11. 65deluxe

65deluxe

tail lights with a similar design but probably proportioned better would be early 60's comet. Gulfwarsubvet has a picture as his avatar.
    Love what you done with the car though. Keep us updated on the progress.

12. OLLIN

OLLIN

Not Bad! Looks like 60 or 61 could work, and still be in the era.

[​IMG]

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Ouch, They really make me "squint." Saw a shoebox with 1958 Edsel tailights in it and they looked good. Impala's just "overpower" your car. Any chance of putting tailights inside the tail fins? Then rescupture the stock tail light metal area so it blends in with the flow of the car. Also, what about having the curved "V" start at the inner fin edge and flow so it meets at the center of the trunk. Another idea might be to consider making the rear tailights light those in a 57 Ford. Put them where the stock ones are and blend in the fins. Round tailights would look good and not overpower thelook.
    If you go with the impala idea al folks will notice are the tailights.

14. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Just a bit too big. Kinda reminds me of my older sister's cat eye glasses she had in grade school in the sixties!

15. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

My thoughts exactly..

16. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

I think the Impala lights are too big for a shoebox Ford. Ever see a 59 Olds lower tail light? Smaller but also pointy. The Olds lights were mounted down on the vertical part of the fin.

17. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Make the 58 Olds, sorry.

18. A pair of these, but just flat like the original `50.
    Those `59 lights look erm... how can I put it... "unhappy" on there.

19. Those Plymouth assemblies could look insanely cool but I got to thinking, (never a good thing) gulfwarsubvet's Avatar has a little Comet (Furura) pictured in it, those lamps could give it a nice effect, too. Given a chance, I'll try to photoshop some samples. (May be tomorrow before I gety to it.)

20. kraka138

kraka138

i would say definatly go with the wagon lights theyd make that rear killer

21. What about the Stude fin tips and lights? You know they´ll fit.

Heres a photochop...

[​IMG]

22. mikes51

mikes51

Excellent design concept! I would have suggested the same thing cept you beat me to it.

23. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Reminds me of those Cat's Eye glasses that the girls wore in HS back in the 60s.

"Happy Mother's Day" to all you moms and grand moms.....rest of you muthas...have another drink

dj

24. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Man ! That's gorgeous ! :eek: Fucking wild and gorgeous ! Yes your ass is big, but i like big asses ! :D[​IMG]

25. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hahah,,,beat both you guys to it!,,,,,,guess great minds think alike,,huh?...
    did this today.....

Attached Files:

26. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

they are still sittin in my scrap pile,,,,thought of them,,but i shortened the fins by 9 inches,,,,could possibly make 'em work,,they do look nice,,,maybe with a bullet shaped lens like a 56 chevy or something..

27. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

I say 1000% yes on the radius wheel wells....

28. twofosho

twofosho

Yeah, I have to agree, lose the 59 Chev taillights. They're just all wrong for the car.

Car definitely looked right on with the radiused wheelwells in the photoshopped pic.

If you 're looking for ideas, try round taillights (54 Ford, 57 ford, 61 Ford, 64 Fairlane without backup lights, for some lens ideas) tunneled and frenched into 57 ford like fender shapes with your fins closed to an edge and sculptured to a rounded point (not unlike the tops of the Stude moulding photoshopped above).
    Add in a rolled rear pan with the rear edge of the lower fenders (below the taillight housings) shaped again like that of a 57 Ford's.
    A moulded license plate housing bracketed by StingRay Corvette blade bumperettes with through the pan exhaust tips would finish it off nicely.

29. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

they do look good,,i agree,,,
    funny, i would never have thought of doing this,,
    every car ive ever built always had skirts,,need to give this some serious consideration,,,

Attached Files: