Register now to get rid of these ads!

32-34 pickup pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wes, Oct 6, 2003.

1. chop509

chop509

Anyone have more pics/info on this one?

2. englishhemi32

englishhemi32

heres mine, running daimler v8 (english) with a 1966 volvo amazon 4 speed manual and mustang 8" rear, superbell front with f100 brakes, mexican rug headliner.

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I've seen your truck at a couple of the runs when I was living over there - it's very nice! I like it a lot! :D

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

[​IMG]
    By deucecabriolet
    heres mine. its now undergoing a change, ---- gettin lowered right now, the bone is split & drilled with pipes welded in, buick drums, new brakes.
    the chrome reversed w/spiders & dropped light bar with deuce lights are already on & the front bumper is in the garbage. -
    & before spring the 283 will be removed. the firewall will be painted something 'wild' & different & a nicely detailed candy gold 327 will be going in probably with a tunnel ram.- (undecided on what intake.)

i may then slice a little off the top (only a little bit though)

[​IMG]
    By deucecabriolet
    here it is as bought off E-PAY. Nov. 08

heres a 11/10 picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  5. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

6. Here's my 34!

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy and kiwijeff like this.
  7. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Any new projects out there?
    Or better yet update pic's??

Lot's of 32-34 trucks being built I here

8. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

I sold my 32 pickup in 72 and have been looking for it every since. It had a new 59AB Flattie and was 2 toned with maroon on the top and a peach color (kinda) on the bottom. Some one in the 50's made a set of stainless steel stacks up the cab complete with mufflers wrapped in ss. They were small tubes, about 1 1/2 inch. Man I miss that truck.

It was last seen in Eatonville, Washington

9. NAFTA

NAFTA
    from Europe

Hi...do you like?

10. NAFTA

NAFTA
    from Europe

11. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

Here is my 33 ford body[​IMG]

31hotrodguy likes this.
  12. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Here's mine hoping to drive it to billetProof in 5 weeks completely finished.

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  13. 2-TONED

2-TONED

some fresh pics

Attached Files:

14. This is the 34 cab on 32 rails we have been working on,,had to quit for a while to work on other peoples projects,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully in a few more months we can get back to work and finish the truck. HRP

31hotrodguy likes this.
  15. ukgav

ukgav

Here's mine. Just waiting for it to be shipped over from Limeworks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

this just makes me mad! been lookin for a cab in my vicinity for a year and nothin!

17. Green Voodoo

Green Voodoo
    from Melbourne

Here is my Current project ( See Pics. Below )

The truck is being restored as it was built in the early fifties ( including period correct castle nuts etc.) - no upgrades and no aftermarket parts whatsoever!

There is nothing on this Hot Rod that was not available in 1956 or earlier.

The truck features: 52/53 Olds Rocket engine, with weiand tri carb intake ( I am looking for a set of orig. hellings aircleaners ), weiand vally cover, 39 Lasalle trans, with correct period Ansen pro shifter, 40 Ford front end with stock axle ( Non dropped ), 40 Ford Rear end with shortened torque tube & radius rods , 51/53 Porsche tubular shocks( front ) , Ford tubular shocks - rear. 1938 Hudson steering box, , topped with 42 Buick indicators & steering wheel ( Was originally fitted with Hudson banjo steering wheel & i will replace the Buick item if i locate a suitable Hudson wheel), Modified - dropped centre trans x member & wishbone pivot mount, 40 Ford wishbone modified with 32 pivot section ( wider than 40 to clear engine), 8.20 x15 WSW tires - rear , 6.70 x 15 WSW tires - front , Rake - 2 1/2" , 1954 Ford brake and clutch master cylinder ( Staggered ), 54 ford Hand brake, , 49 Lincoln instruments with 120MPH speedo, and hand made aluminum dash panel insert, 50 Olds ( interior ) rear view mirror.

Body Mods include : Nosed 34 Truck Grille sectioned 5 1/2" set vertically ( similar to 32 Grille) and bottom modified with inverted 32 commercial grille surround header,. Roof chopped 3 1/2" ,Cab channelled 5 1/2". Cab fitted with green tinted glass. Custom Roll Pan, Custom built pick up bed stake pockets, Shortened pick up bed with bevelled ends, Dropped 5" Headlight bar fitted with 682 BLC Guide headlights, 50 Olds 98 Tailights centre mounted on rear fenders. 49 Desoto front bumper ( cut down ).

The number plate fitted to the truck is the last CA registration #: FSC 088, tagged 1965. The number plate light is the original early 50's Hollywood accessories assembly ( small script type )

The two tone interior featured white vinyl with fine pleated green nylon inserts.
    The truck was painted deep purple with white firewall and grille insert.

You will note the paint color ( Purple ) on the cowl vent in one of the photos - the color was exactly matched to the original paint color.

It appears the truck was first built in the early 50s when it was painted dark green with a red firewall and chassis. At that time, it was possibly fitted with a flathead and then later upgraded to the current specification - Olds engine, Lasalle trans etc. in about 1955/6.

Our research found 3 of the mods incorporated in the truck were featured tech articles in Car Craft magazine during 1955. They include the staggered late ( 1954 ) Ford master cylinders, the 54 Ford Hand Brake, and 50 OLDS 98 tailights.

The truck was discovered in Orange county, California in 1996.

We are trying to source any information on the truck, such as the builder,magazine features/ articles, if any, etc.

Mike Nicholas

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I don't have any info on it, but that truck is awesome!!! Way to go!

19. fordhaulers

fordhaulers

my next project

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  20. Here's what I've got so far.

Attached Files:

21. Low Fat 38

Low Fat 38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norton,Ma

Hotrodprimer, The truck looks great! where do you find body patch panels? did you fab up your own? Again nice job.

22. spoony

spoony
    from L.A.

here is my poject

Attached Files:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  23. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Here's my old 34....It sat kinda funny, but at the time I thought it was perfect...[​IMG]

31hotrodguy likes this.
  24. Thanks,,yeah,we fabed up the bed and sub rails identical to the one on my truck,,,new brookville hood,shell and front fenders,,,the cab is nice so no patchs yet. HRP

25. Stitchn

Stitchn

I have mine in the body shop now, frame complete & going back together. Check out (spy pics 32).

26. 2-TONED

2-TONED

added another pic as it went through another change.
    drove it over 3000 miles in 3 months.
    i do keep the old tire cover on the spare now. i just had it off for a week or 2 & the back tires wont be hangin out by this spring. i think...hope anyway!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    31hotrodguy likes this.
  27. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Here's another picture of my 34.....It's me and my girlfriend in the 70's.....

[​IMG]

31hotrodguy likes this.
  28. bigken

bigken

Not a dang thing wrong with the way it sits...........:D
    [​IMG]

29. BigKen and I got our trucks on the road about the same time,,,,I would love to have the extra cash to buy another one and build it as a hiboy,,,HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    31hotrodguy likes this.
  30. bigken

bigken

Funny you say that - I've secretly been wanting to put my fenders and boards on......