Register now to get rid of these ads!

ILLINOIS HAMBer BEWARE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, May 7, 2008.

1. Slate

Slate

What is total BS is getting a ticket in one of those zones when no one is not even close to working (for example, a holiday, rain or 2AM when they are only working during the day) - newspaper reported got one like this, absolute crap. All about the $$$$$$$$$

2. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

In my classroom, it'd be kinda cool to see one of my kids scream past my desk at that speed. Then again, those who'd be able to go that fast wouldn't have the proper shoe braking capacity, so the ensuing crash would be just as fun.

I'm for slowing down in a construction zone too, don't get me wrong. However, change the speeds when the workers are not present. Safety first, yeah, but when there are no workers, and there are 20 miles of one lane road at 40 mph, and the lane that is blocked off goes from the Jersey barrier straddling the double yellow line all the way to the shoulder, I can safely move faster than 40 - even pulling a trailer.

3. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

As has been mentioned before, they have had this for a while now. Being a cross-country trucker, I get to see it all ( whoop-de-do). Illinois has these cameras in WHITE vans, in the rear door windows, mostly in the Chicago area. For years, they (ISP) have been using things like motorhomes, school buses, wreckers, snowplows, etc. to hide w/a laser set-up. Around Springfield is really bad, due to ISP training facility there. My favorite is the old beat-up van , missing a wheel, up on a jack. The bear sits in the open rear door on a comfy chair, and shoots you at leisure. About 1/2 mile down the road they'll have some chase cars. IMHO, anyone going even 1 mile an hour over in a construction zone deserves everything they get. ISP is sneaky, but fair...Ole Pork

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would that make it a traditional or rat camera?:)

5. You missed mypoint. They target the average person as much as the drunks, sometimes more.

If a person is impaired the odds of him even SEEING the cop are pretty slim regardless of what he is driving!

For the record, I DO NOT speed. I even set the cruise control on those interstate construction zones that we have out here at the posted number (some of our zones can be 20 miles long).

I happen to live 20 some miles out on a KNOWN stretch of road that drunks run on. I see 2-3 troopers and the local sheriff on most nights.

6. simplyMyself

simplyMyself

In agreement... simply slow down in the Construction Zones. You speeding through the construction zone, pay the ticket. You have to pay to play as we all know.

Side note? Slow down and get out of my tailgate.