Register now to get rid of these ads!

The koolest Stray Kat 500 "pick" ever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, May 5, 2008.

1. YBlockCruizer

YBlockCruizer

Great Show as usual Mick....It's the people in attendance that make a show outstanding!

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was kool to meet ya. Actually had time to talk to ya.

That is what was missing?? I have a few Texas trips on the calendar

Thanks Steve I'm glad that you all had a good time. Sorry I didn't get time to talk to ya much this year. I'll warn a, I'm going to make up for it....

3. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I am working in the OKC area and came over for your show Saturday. I had a blast!! I also took the advice from someone and went to Murphy's , it was great! I am going to try to attend next years show , it will be a haul from Norheast Texas , but well worth it.:D Good job on the show , nice family atmosphere , keep it up!!!!

4. SED

SED
    from Derby KS

my husband and i are always known as " the couple with the kid, mason". i just wanted to thank you for all that you did. i came up with the idea and told jack, i was just going to find a little toy so you could hand out. nope.. jack said " lets do this right!" he went and talked to you ,and later said to me "its done!" i cant thank you and jack enough this meant alot. my husband had no idea he's worked really hard on this bike, it was a running joke all weekend between jack and i, and maybe a few others. so my husband steve was totally stoked!! he couldnt stop grinning!! mason had not stopped talking about his trophey that his won for his bike, he is telling everyone..even strangers!! again thanks to everyone!!! see ya'll next year.. Steve, Kari and Mason Drehs

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Mason and the little tike riding one of Tmans bikes were probably the best behaved people at the show. :D

Mason's bike was definitely a piece of art but I still cannot get over the finish on the wood in his Poppas truck bed. I first noted it at the "Free Feed". I had a look in there and saw the green metal and the grey and thought it was painted. Then the clouds blew by and I coudl see that the wood was stained grey and coated thick. It looks so deep and makes the garin pop. I was blown away.

I never would have thought to do that. My dumb, lazy butt would have painted it and moved on.

Glad you all came down!

6. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Mick,
    Thanks for the best Stray Kat 500 ever. We had the best time, wonderful weather it doesn't get any better than that. Except the trip home in the roadster was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

Thanks,
    B-Scott & Lisa

7. Mickey,

Secondtrip to Dewey and #2 was better than #1 and I didn't think that was possible. Mary Jane and I also tried Murphy's and we had to waddle out the door. Also thanks to Duke and everybody else that helped fix the shock on our old truck. Everybody there was great. I guess I talked to RASHY and didn't even know it and that was one of my goals for the week end. Again it was a great weekend.

Later

8. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Mick thanks for a great time, lookin forward to Lamar and Ft Scott. Excellent roadster weather, Roger and I really wished we would have driven them down........

See Ya in Lamar.

RP

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard to the Dreh family!!

It was a perfect idea!!! It is a great example of what the SK500 is all about. It is about family.The Stray Kat 500 is not about Hell raising with a I'm badder then you attitude. I was joking with some one this weekend; this is not a car show, if it was I would have to have it organized. We are so blessed with mulitple Kustom Dads, Moms, Brothers and Sisters it is more of a kool family reunion.

With Parents like Steve and Kari, Mason dosn't have a chance to avoid the Kool.

I'm glad that you guys had a good time....

Happy Trails,

Mick

10. Mick
    Your event just gets better every year. It is by far my favorite in this part of OK. I have over 150 pics - if you want them I'll cut you a cd.
    Ed

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks alot that would be kool!! Let me know where I need to send the money to cover the CD & shipping ....

Happy Trails,

Mick

12. Packrat

Packrat

Mick, didn't get to talk to you this year but it was a great show again! Thanks to all of you that put it on and we'll see you in Lamar. Are there any bands planned for Lamar, really enjoyed the ones in Dewey?

13. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

This was mine and Momma Gozt's first 'real' car show (Starbird doesn't count!) and we had an absolute blast! We got shafted at the hotel, but the cars and people more than made up for it. I do know that I've got to get me a shirt with my handle on it - at least until I can get the RPU out to a show!

Was good meeting those I met, seeing those I know, and allowing the rest of you to see me and Momma!

See ya next year!

14. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

Seeing mason and all of the other kids that weekend brought back memories of myself riding on my dad running boards at rod runs back in the 80's. It was really cool to see so many parents with their kids at the show.

Get that kid a sweet go-cart for next year!!!!

Thanks again mickey for this awesome, laid back event that we all get to enjoy!!!!

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every year I keep telling myself that we need to have a HAMB greet thing but I conistantly keep forgetting. I had The Rumblejetts lined up for Lamar but we had the move the date back to the 28th June and that put a snag on everything....I'll have a band next year. Looking forward to seeing ya in Lamar.

I didn't know that the SK500 was a real car show?

That is what it is all about. I'm only 45 and I want to make sure that the Kustom and Hot Rod traditon keeps going on strong. It is going to be kool to see what kinda of kool rides the young kids will be Kruzin.

Happy Trails,

Mick

16. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

The SK500 is about as real as they come!

17. That ain't no lie!
    Reverend Jake

18. Ron

Ron

Hey Mick, have you seen the new Kustoms Illustrated yet? There is a nice Merc in it on page 13.

19. gonmad

gonmad

That was an awesome idea Mick! That kid will never forget that I am sure.
    Thanks

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I kan't take credit for it at all. Fellow "Stray kat" Jack (YBLOCK292) came up with the idea and it was way too kool. Concerning the trophy thing at the SK500, we don't take it real serious. I had over looked five cars that we failed to notify that they had won trophies. I didn't realize what we had done until it was too late to fix. When I saw Masons face light up when he was cruzin through made up for my mistake.

Mason riding his bike parading through to the winners circle to pick up his Stray Kat Klub Plaque, you know that it is a laid back show. I'm proud to say that it best represents what the show is all about. we have one big Kustom family......

I'm a subsriber To Kustoms Illustrated and I also buy one from Night Prowlers because I usually wear one out. Teasing a Kustom addict about a Merc is just not Kool! LOL!!

I'll check my box on the way home. Thanks for the heads up.

21. SED

SED
    from Derby KS

Thanks, the wood is poplur and all hand made, no bed kit. I have about as much time in the bed as i do in most of the truck. Next time you see the truck introduce yourself. We are going to try to make lamar but for sure will be at the Hamb drags (will run the truck)
    Later

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Mick, got home OK on Monday evening, with C-Cab in tow...the new owner asked, when we dropped it off that nite: "Did you go to Dewey? How did they like my car?" Seems word travels faster than we do...

Too bad we didn't bring a real car...but guaranteed we will next year...may even make Ft. Scott this year...even at that, we had a good time chatting with old friends and you of course...even met a few new kustom guys...

Keep an eye out for my '55 Caddy build thread...# 3 coming up tomorrow nite...

C Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

R-

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was hoping that my Redneck'd directions to Hwy 99 didn't get ya too lost. Hwy 10 is a kool drive. Did you have time to count the dear? One time coming back from a ball game, we counted over thirty in a 6 mile radius.........I heard a lot of people talking about the C- Cab, It was the first one that I've seen in a long time. I wish that I would have had pictures of the Brothers kruzin around in it. Would have made a kool family picture.

You really through me for a loop, when I saw you guys in Dewey this year. You have a long drive and I can't get over guys like yourself drive so far to hang out with us. I had a meeting with the Dewey Chamber yesterday and told them about your new book. They were very impressed and thankful being mentioned in your book.

Hopefully it won't hurt your book sales. LOL!!

Monday I went surf'm for your Caddy post and it is way too kool. I don't know what has happened to change my mind but I've always hated the color yellow, until this year. I've seen shades of yellow that look just way too Kool!! I love the color on the fire wall!!

Thanks again for driving down & I kan't wait to see the Caddy update.....

Happy Trails,

Mick

24. mongo51

mongo51

Sorry for the late post Ive been swapped. Thanks for a great show Micky. I really do have a car. We'll be back with about 5-6 cars next year. Mine at least.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That kid will remember this for the rest of his life, good job guys.

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't have time to take pictures but my daighter and Connie took these for me. Love the reflection shot. Here is a couple of my favorites

Here is a picture of Mongo's '51 Chevy......

Bad "Monkey" in his T bucket..

Attached Files:

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

mick! i hate farmin!!! :( but i would like ta see the other 699 pics ya took!!! where do i do that at??? :)

28. Mick, I brought a new Hamber (A. Haymaker) to your show. I think it fired him up even further that he was already. I'm helping him build a hot rod 36 Ford pickup. I'll bet you'll see him in it next year at the Stray Kat 500. Keep up the good work. - Terry

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is one with Jeb sharing his kustom wisdom & a few more pics.......

Morning Terry,

I wish that I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Haymaker and I can't wait to see the '36 Ford P/u. If your helping him out it has to be Kool.

Konversion and motivating people to get interested in our hobby is what the show is all about. Every year it seems that we convert someone over to the Kool side. I have a friend (not a car guy) of mine that has helped out in the past. He was there a day early and just hangin around registration. He had a great time just listening to everybody. He experienced the koolest thing about our hobby. It's not just about the Kustoms and Hot Rods....

Thanks Terry for the feedback and we're already working on next year.

Happy Trails,

Mick

Attached Files:

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice mick! hey,,,,is there any vids of the show?? of any year for sale>??? if i cant make it, i could atleast watch it! did i mention i hate farmin?