Register now to get rid of these ads!

StrayKat 500 KICKS-ASS - pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, May 5, 2008.

1. Rusty

Rusty

I would definately replace those stock 34 rear wishbones. They are very weak. If you want to keep that look I would get some later model rear bones 46-48 and make a top bar to resemble a ladder bar that could come forward. I never like to see poeple build them this way, just think what it could have done on a track if both would have broke loose together.

Lets see some close ups of the broke bracket. It appears the bracket that broke shure did hang down low which would have created the torque at the base. Did it break lose at the bolting point or the welded point at the axle housing?

You gotta get this fixed up we are counting down to Mokan and before you know it the THAW will be rolling around agian.

Rusty

2. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Dang Big Ken!!! What an adventure! Glad you guys made it back safe. Anytime you're rollin through OK and you need something...just holler. 918-851-0442 cell. At one point, Rashy had enough tools and parts in the back of Mama's 59 to rebuild and entire car. We are always just a phone call away.

See you down the road BK! You da man!

monkey

3. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

I love the pics, specially the ones with your son! Just think in 20 years he will post those pictures with him in it when he is showing off his cool dad, and his ride!!!

4. bigken

bigken

Gotcha 'sim'd in the phone, man, thanks for the offer. Take care of the dragster, and we will see you in MoKan............

5. gonmad

gonmad

I wanted to take a couple pics with him by the cars, and he started to "pose" instead of smile! LOL! Don't know where it came from, but he had to show the tuff guy look with no smile! LOL
    Thanks.

6. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

Ken,

Im glad your camera had the "special filter" on it too!
    It was awesome seeing you up here in my neck of the woods!
    It's too bad you had trouble getting home but at least you made it!
    Now that you have experienced the mecca that is Dewey, Ok. I hope you pass how cool it was to all your brothers down in Texas!
    Great story and pics by the way!

See ya at Propwash.....maybe!!!