Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the rarest car you have ever owned??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bluto, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

78 Volkswagen Dasher 2 Door fastback with fuel injection and PLEATHER seats. Mint.

I know what you guys are thinking....and yes, I will trade it for a 32 roadster.

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Is this the one?
    [​IMG]

3. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

1942 Studebaker. Weighed about 2 tons but was hell bent in the flying mile.

4. Bainbridge

Bainbridge
    from Illinois

yep thats it....haven't seen it around for a few years now

5. Francine

Francine
    from France

What a beautiful car

I love it

6. Francine

Francine
    from France

========

I love this car !

What a beautiful car ! Pretty nice under the sun of Arizona............!

7. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

1970 Monte Carlo SS; 454 4spd

8. Francine

Francine
    from France

I saw this pic on the web about a "1970 Monte Carlo SS; 454 4spd"

But would you like to explain to me if it is the same car ?
    Tell me that just the engine because I can not to see the same car ......ha ha ha !!!!

A lot of beautiful transformations I can not to believe my eyes it is beautiful...

Attached Files:

9. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

Yeah, that's what it looked like but mine was orange with no vinyl top. Great car, sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it but that's how you get the $$$ to work on the next one.

10. 67 Sunbeam Tiger 289 (think smaller Cobra) 534 made. Had it when i was 19, too fast for an immature punk in Newport Beach, too many tickets :) Worth a bundle now :(

11. elcajon64

elcajon64
    from Dixon, CA

I had a 1979 Coupe de Ville (non-Phaeton) with a factory moon roof. Fewer than 100 had that option.

My 1960 Mercury Commuter Amblewagon is pretty lonely. I wouldn't say it's unique, but there doesn't seem to be evidence of any others like it. The only other ones I've seen are the raised-roof variety.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i dont think it was very rare..but im not really sure..?
    a 1966 El Camino with a 396 4BBL and 4 speed Muncie i believe..
    was that rare?

13. lewislynn

lewislynn

How many sacks of cement did you have to keep in it?

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Was it a military car?

The gooberment purchased quite a few [several hundred] BB 4sp elky's as chase cars to follow aircraft up and down runways.

It would have been a plane-jane color [usually white or blue] with no options except the go-fast goodies, and maybe A/C if it was intended for a southern climate. There would have also been evidence of radio equipment and extra lights.

15. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Had a 1970 Chevrolet Kingswood wagon. Factory 454 with factory A/C. Plus it had a 2.56 gear in the 12-bolt. Man, would that S.O.B. roll down the highway!:D

16. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE , Power windows , Power moon roof , and it had an alagator black vinyl roof , not sure if that was factory but it looked it. It was copper color and had a factory AM /8 track with a knob under the dash for front and rear speakers. It had a rear window de-fogger which was just a fan in the trunk that blew on the rear window .. I wish i still had that Gem of a ride. It was a beautiful car. saddle leather interior hi backs. 383 3 speed auto on the tree.

17. Rossco

Rossco
    from SinCal

Have a 1953 or 54 1 Ton Jeep Truck up on the families ranch in Wyo dont know how rare??. Along with a bunch of other odds and ends, found a 1939 De Soto S-6 Custom DeLuxe Sedan with .... no shit 48 miles on it buried in the back of a barn after my Grandpa past. Anyway lots of old Powerwagons and old military stuff..not so rare

18. noboD

noboD

What's the story on the DeSoto? There has to be a good one. Pics?

19. Rossco

Rossco
    from SinCal

Should still be up at the ranch I hope, unless my uncle got a hold of it. I remember finding it and asking my dad what it was. The paint was shot (leaky roof) and it looked like mice found the interior, nest everywhere. Let me call back home see if its still there.

Story is my grandpa bought it for his dad, and never gave it to him cause he passed, and then the war broke out and it got stored and never saw daylight again. never knew it was there cause it was buried under a bunch of saddle tack and stuff.

20. The only thing I've had that was even close to rare is my 1967(?) Kellison Formula Vee.

-bill

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

It could have been..?
    when i got it it had a cheap ass black paint job on it..no radio ..i put one in it..a few strange holes in the steel dash.
    and yes the bitch was fast..and I did have to put some weight in the rear end of it..if you played too hard it would get kinda loose:eek::cool:
    It was a blast to drive...
    Did they come with Headers..mine had headers..i dont know what brand but they were coated with something that didnt rust,maybe they were stanless? and I bought it back around 1983

22. Frank L. hughes

Frank L. hughes

59 Chrysler Wafarer Ute, 1 of 347, Will post pics whenever I figger out computer problem.:cool:

23. duke182

duke182

59 chevy sedan delivery-i read that there were less than3300 built

chevelle wagon, 2dr with slanted posts and sliding windows-in the neighborhood of 800 or so built i believe.

these numbers may or may not be accurate but i have seen very few examples of these cars in real life.
    the 59 has been a popular build in the last few years though and i have seen a few nice examples

24. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

'65 Masaratti Mexico 1 of 250 . 2+2 3.8 4 cam V-8 ,4 -2bbl Webers.

25. I had a dirt modified once that was priceless. I raced it 2 nights. Won one race and was running real good until the shit hit the fan. The wreck left it as a total hunk of scrap metal. A dude came to look at it and said it was priceless as in I won't give you a dime for it. Now thats rare>>>>.

26. murfman

murfman

1970 Plymouth Superbird 440+6 4-Speed, 1 of 308 4Spd 6 barrels, but it also had the California Emmisions package, less than 20 made.

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Nope.........I wasn't being serious, although I've heard other people swear they made 'em...hahaha:rolleyes:

I went and looked at one of these the other day, but it was the V-8 version called Valkyre.....had a 327 in it....really cool and thought of buying it, but at 6' 3", I won't fit.

28. Truckedup

Truckedup

A rusted turd of a 69 Chevy panel truck 4x4,1 of 67 made that year.Dragged it out of a field,the sheetmetal was rusted up to the belt line.Amazing the frame was pretty good,no transfer case,engine siezed from sitting.I sold it in a NY minute on a Chevy truck site a few years back for 200 bucks.Probably too cheap cause it had the VIN plate and some other original badges.A guy with a 2 wheel drive panel bought it to drop on a nice body on the 4x4 frame,do the details and suposedly have a rare original truck.

29. biscaynes

biscaynes

an L79 327/325hp '68 chevelle 300 deluxe sport coupe. :(

30. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

my dad and i were restoring 69-70 mach 1s for a while, and bought a 69 for a parts car. we decoded the numbers and found it was either red with orange interior, or orange with red interior... cant remember which.our decode book says it was the only on to come outta the factory with that combination of options and colors. dont think it was worth much more than any other mach 1 though. somebody had made a racecar out of it and painted it yellow. didnt think it was restoring.we did make it run and drive and sold it though.

we had a couple "Q" codes too, with the 428 cj engine. not TOO rare but but they sold for ALOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.