Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in Denver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VAPHEAD, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Hammer Time

Hammer Time
    from Beach Side

Well that sucks big time...but if that were mine...there would be 1,000,000,000, high res pictures of every angle, on every single web site...ok maybe not every one but most :mad:
    Gary

2. gas pumper

gas pumper

In my small town here, the cops on the street are just regular guys like us with a job to do.
    And their job is to do what their boss tells them to do.
    And their boss gets told what to do by the politions.

There ain't no Wyatt Earps or Elliot Ness guys no more.

When the fucking polition wants to raise money, he sends the boys out to write tickets.

Frank

3. pitman

pitman

Got any E-type designers on board here? Sorry Brit. fans, (not a Jag-u-are) what we might need is an adapted cellphone digital camera that is tickled by a prox sensor, to wake up, take a few images, and then send them off to HAMB Theft Central...or your home URL, so as not to burden the good guys who keep us perkin' along. Then you have an image of who visited your baby. Maybe 360 degrees worth of photo exposure?

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'll keep an eye out down here in Tucson.

I always thought KNUX! referred to the knuckle handshake thing some guys do.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Elaborate...how is this done? do you have knowledge on this application?

6. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Last time I got a cell phone upgrade I remember setting it up so that it could only be GPS located by 911. So I did a search on Sprint's website.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/services/gps/family_locator.shtml

So you might be able to track the location of your car by just leaving a cell phone in it overnight. Although there are still a lot of places that my cell phone doesn't get reception.

7. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

Anyone ever hear of boomerang? it's a very well hidden transmitter that not even the owner knows the location of, and it can be detected up to around 35' Underground. A worthy investment in my opinion.

8. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

What about this lojack, I've been hearing about anybody know anything?

9. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Lojack is pretty feeble, they just steal your car and park it somewhere (say a residential neighborhood) let the heat calm down some and to and pick it back up. On a hot rod this would work too well but on a honda it works great....

10. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Now that's a riot:D

11. pitman

pitman

Didn't want to hijack Eric's thread. I understand basic mechanics. Maybe a little materials...an enabled cell camera seems like a great security tool, a place to invest some inventing.

Mostly you would want images, of either your car or an "admirer's" movement, captured and sent to your...phone, desktop, etc. Maybe even get a plate number if you're lucky.
    The issues are timing the snapshot, lens width, lighting...??? All of which might be lumped under the term "capture". Then how to auto dial and send the images. Not exactly rocket science.
    Lojack has a long history, and does require a subscription fee ($) it was first offered out of the Boston area I think anyway.
    Having even a trailer plate ID would be a good start, then you've got someplace to begin enquiring.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

pitman ..you got something there..I'd be working on that..$$$future ..rich dude

13. pitman

pitman

Just throw us some crumbs...trickle-down I think it's called? A Maine-er, boat builder was once asked, "Well-suh, now what would you do, if you won the lott-ery?" his reply, "Oh, figure I'd just keep on a building boats for a livin, till the money ran out."

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a shame!!---The minute dogs were barking, he should have grabbed his AK47 with a 20 rounder mag in it & at least had the pleasure of punching a mess of holes in the rear area!!----Never have seen a car that can run faster than a speeding bullet, AK47 bullets travel about 2800 FPS (feet per second)!!!
    Cops sure as hell would notice the rear end groups!---I agree with previous guys, in case a trailer was close by, all bets are off, too bad he didn't jump in another vehicle & follow quickly with AK47 in car too!---Then arriving on scene, shoot out ALL TIRES, trailer & tow vehicle!!!---Then place 'kidnappers' under citizens arrest at gunpoint---End of story.

15. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

[​IMG]
    Bring KNUX! back to 53burb!

-scott noteboom

16. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Its' so sad. This '34 3WC is a high Quality ride if you see it you won't miss it.

17. Nothing to do with the stolen rod, but hilarious nonetheless..

18. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And you base this statement on ......... ?????

I hope the car is found soon, that sucks.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

raw deal losing your wheels to some thieving dirt bag hope they find it

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will keep a SHARP EYE out in this area too! 3WC's are neat !!---Just finished loading some .45 ammo, gladly donate enough rounds to blow the scumbag away!!---When he's caught!!---An armed society, is a polite society.