Register now to get rid of these ads!

so "WHY" dont you drive your car to work or?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2-TONED, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

thats bad, but it could have been worse...

...he could have been really disrespectful to your property and opened your door...:rolleyes:

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I do not drive mine to work mainly because ... I do not have a job ;)

Stuff happens when you drive them ( above ) ... I am just thankful that I was in the 40 Ford and not in my 32 roadster. The above cost his insurance $10,842.00 ... and I still ended up taking money out of my pocket to fix it :(

3. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Parked cars I dont have a problem with so far. It is the shade tents 20 feet away that have given me my door chips. That was a bad day..........................

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

here it goes again! -- pushin onto 30 years weve been here. & NOBODY pulls up & parks here 'EVER' unless theres something cool sittin in this spot! -- i know where people park here its 15 feet away from me right now! three of us work here & we park out back, these are customers pulling in & i guess they want to pull up close so the cooolness will maybe rub off onto their POS! i dont know?!

right away first thing today there pulls in a ranger & i thought he wanted to park right on top of this coupe! -------

almost time for my 34 pickup to come out & ill drive it everyday with no worries its full of dings & scratches its just an ol faded out thing. i think people go out of their way to avoid it. :eek:

5. titus

titus

all this from a guy who drives late models

haha, i painted my fucking wheels 8 years ago when i built the truck,

yeah, in cali theres tons of traffic, so you sit still, in MN theres a bunch of traffic and they are all doing 75 mph around the curves of 94 in st paul and minneapolis.

6. 2-TONED

2-TONED

well he can open my door the car is for sale so i dont care. he can sit down in it & turn every knob, adjust the seat, open the hood & pull on the plug wires whatever turns him on. just dont park next to it or walk on the hood or roof or scratch the paint!

7. 2-TONED

2-TONED

you aint shittin they race around St Paul & Minneapolis like mad men the traffic is thick & they go like helll! --- calm around here & people bitch when they have to go to Minneapolis.

8. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Have you been to LAX, the Euro car/cell phone infested 405? You tell me if any of the idiots and traffic you have back there can compare to the shit here? Remember there is a reason why more people live here and not your neck of the woods!

9. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Are you shure im the only one who drives late models? Don't be a hypocrite! If thats your only comeback thats sad! Let me guess you drive your 34 in the middle of winter in MN.? BS! I never said there wasnt any traffic where you live, you just cant compare to what we have here, and drive something where youve put countless hours in bodywork to have some stupid cock sucker hit you due to impatience and ignorance. That will piss anyone off! Obviously you dont know whats its like to own something nice otherwise you wouldnt have the same outlook on it!

10. 2-TONED

2-TONED

& then add a good hard snow storm or pourin rain or an ice storm.

11. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Yeah, the mosquitoes in CA aren't big enough to carry off your young.........

12. 2-TONED

2-TONED

ooooooh man not mosquitos why would you say that word!

you find a 40 deluxe sedan down in the woods in a valley near a stream & your unbolting the dash, the sun is going down the mosquitos come out & will ruin your day. you will say Pee on this 'mint' free dash thats how bad mosquitos are here! :eek:

13. Fidget

Fidget

I know it's "just a car", but it's MY car. Everything that happens to it either I have to fix, or pay to get it fixed if I don't know how. It pisses me off to no end when people park next to me this way...it doesn't matter what car I'm driving.

14. zzford

zzford

It is important to remember to remove at LEAST 2 valve cores. With only one tire flat, they can use the spare. Two or more tires flat, their probvlems are much more complicated.

15. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Same here... if they get next to it they might want to get a tetnus shot!....

16. jmn444

jmn444

NICE! this wasn't an old car issue, but on my honeymoon, we stopped at a store to buy a camera, and the wifey stayed in the car... while i was inside, a suv had parked next to us, and the guy opened his door right into mine, and then LAUGHED. apparently didn't see my wife in the car... SO, I came out, got in and she told me what happened... I didn't use my feet, but my door edge was rolled pretty bad and that suv's door was caved in deep by the time i was done... I just hope they understood why it was fuked up when they came back out.

17. jmn444

jmn444

I take up 2 spots in my "nice" cars... but always at the back of the lot. IF anybody ever tried to prove a point like you are doing, they wouldn't be happy when they came back out of the store. some bitch at subway parked within 2 inches of my driver door once when i wasn't even taking up 2 spots, and she had a nice little thank you "note" left in her paint for her kindness.

18. [​IMG]
    :Dyup!!! It's amazing how hard valve stem cores are to find once someone throws them.

I also don't believe in the phrase "accident"... I do believe in the words "fault" and "payback" and "serious ass whipping"

19. redrico1

redrico1

Stradle The Line And Take Up Two Spaces I Do This Because Of My Swan Side Mirrors Lol

20. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

The Caddy doesnt fit in any spots. It did 50 years ago. They must have shrunk since then.
    That Global Warming thing......

21. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

As engraved in my -50 Chevy drivers vent window:
    "You can fuck with my pals,
    dog & style, BUT, if you fuck with
    my car, i´m gonna fuck with you!"

and a big sledge hammer laying in my front seat.......
    (has worked to now, ones learned after a guy scratched my rear bumper, rided a little in front, reversed and ram him in the front hard......he needed an tow truck. My witnesses (only ones ) could say he did hit me in the back......
    and the small scratch, wasnt hard to fix,even a little bigger.....:cool:

22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Ya too bad thier not big enough to carry some of the rust free original sheet metal we have here either, you might be able to use some of that:D

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

This is perfect timing, today a buddy of mine ( he's a cop) told me about an incident that happened yesterday at the shopping mall. Guy came out to his car and somebody had parked right up close to it, he either already had a can of spraypaint or went back in and got one and painted "dont park so close to other people's cars" down the side of it! So we were taliking that was a bit extreme but if you painted it on the windshield it would'be so bad

24. jmn444

jmn444

i would have opted to use aerosol paint stripper to write that personally....

25. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Problem I have with the drive'n the coupe to work is the chief of police in that town hates hot rods, has a dislike for me and has warned me that I will be stopped and everything will be checked over real well when I enter his town.

Car ain't what you would call 100% legal so......
    Pontiac Slim

26. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

My brother is in the Twin Cities area, his wife is from the central part of the state and my sister's son moved up there a few years ago. I used to have a T-Shirt they got me that had a picture of a huge mosquito with the caption underneath "Minnesota State Bird". Those suckers (no pun intended) are so big they have FAA registration numbers on them!

27. i like rust as much as the next guy but it keeps the riff raff away. you too maybe

28. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

One of my customers decided to drive his day old Expedition to the grocery store instead of his custom. Parked twenty spots away from anyone only to have an old lady in a mid-70's towncar hit the gas instead of the brake and get up to 40mph in reverse and plow it, flipping it on its roof. In my opinion, live life. No sense in worrying 'what if?'. If 'it' happens, deal with it.

29. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

before i started my own business and started working out of my home my 51 was my daily driver because i will not own a new car (i buy the wife one every 5 years or so, but i dont have to drive it). so it had its fair share of rock chips/ road rash and the neighbor did back over it one morning (tore the heck out of the front fender and pushed the car against the curb) but i figured thats the price of driving one every day. the only thing i have to say about this is that if we drive our cars daily or frequently it would be a good idea to buy another car just like it or hoard an ass load of body parts just in case. the law of averages are against us, but if you take things in stride, its just part of driving one.

30. titus

titus

sorry, your right, i have no time im my 32 coupe i built from nothing. sorry for the late model insult, but its pretty sad you have to insult me for my red wheels that match my kinda red truck thats been on the road for 8 years (before red was overdone) that ive driven all over hell and back, louisville, chicago des moines, milwakee, duluth, ask anyone who knows me, i drive it when ever i can, no i dont drive it in blizzards or ice storms but i have, take a look at my avitar, its taken at my work in the winter, and it has no heater, obiously you dont know me and well leave it at that.

oh heres a pic of not knowing what its like to own anything nice.

jeff

Attached Files: