Register now to get rid of these ads!

A.S.S.hole in Austin UPDATE......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Apr 24, 2008.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Good move.........looks like it was the right decision. Your dad will just have to adopt Jonny!

- Dennis

2. studematt

studematt

Bob good to see what you've been up to. Awesome frame. You just can't get rid of your old man hay. Just kidding he is a ruler from the word go. Is your house insured? If you can't sell it I have ways to make it go away. Matt with the beard.

3. skyrodder

skyrodder

Cool Frame, and I am glad it's all working out for you Here in Tejas!

4. Mondo dave

Mondo dave
    from Texas

Hey BoB I know were you coming from. Man its tuff some times but you have good people around and I know you will be fine. If you ever down and just need a laugh. Just hit Dave over the BACK with some sticks of masonnight when he is not looking. Or put someting thur the Fan of Death. It ate some streetroders guy Jacket once. Or if something is not fitting just right and you dont know why ask Sean for some Bananbread. Trust me it works.

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

wow that frame is awesome .. My frame is vintage now...hahahhaa...

Naw for real tho.. Bob over the years you have become
    one of best friends and a brother to me..I'm so proud of
    you for sticking to your guns (crüe reference) and kicking
    ass at A.S.S..you and Laura will be so happy when every thing
    gets dialed..its going to rock!!!!! Happy birthday to you
    I'll have a Mai Tai for you here in Maui!!!

I can't wait to see what you and those crazy bastards
    at A.S.S produce this year...hopefully I'll be Abel to come
    out with some monster masks and mini bikes to do some
    filming soon!!!!

Are you coming out to Santa maria???

Aloha
    piero

6. From one Bob to another. It seems like you found a new home. I like the look of you frame. The hole panels is a nice touch. I wanna see some pic's of that Merc convertable build!!!!!!!! Looks pretty good.......

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Apollo likes Bob. Apollo's pinky ring will be glorious. Apollo's bike is faster than yours.

-JMFJ

8. Happy belated birthday Bob, sounds like things are falling into place for ya. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

9. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

You are the "WInd Beneath Wings"!! Happy birthday bro, It was good hanging with you. The frame looks killer as well..
    Jimmy White

10. Tig.....I thought you'd be trying to convert the world to stick:rolleyes::D

Glad to hear your making it work, Im sure Texas doesn't know what hit it...

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

11. Whoa!! So this is the new RV you told me about. SWEET!!
    [​IMG]

12. so I havent been around here much lately what does Jessee have to do with that autin shop? he owns it?? cool, I want 2 move to austin.

13. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Jesse is one of the partners..... I guess everyone in Texas calls each other partner.

My dad's bus RULES hahahaha

14. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to Austin Bob. Caught your show at the ASS party during Round Up weekend. Between the cars and the music you'll fit right in.

15. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

No you don't .

16. yes I do it doesnt snow there and there are tons of skate spots plus all you guys with cars but thats a long ways away

17. Glad to see you made it.
    Frames are looking good.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. My wife woke up this morning, and still half asleep said "I had a dream that Bobby Bleed was just sent to prison for 5 years". Apparently you hadn't been paying your taxes in dreamland!

19. screamingchief

screamingchief
    from Austin,Tx.

As another former Wisconsin transplant I can safely say it's not a matter of if you start using phrases like yyyaaawwwlll (one word,one syllable,said real slow and drawn out like you drank too much cough syrup and are struggling to say the word),but more a question of when...

Live here long enough and you'll have no power to resist,I think it's a part of the environment here or something,probably carried thru the air in the cedar pollen that hits in Dec/Jan/Feb every year.

But the locals will still know your a yankee when you let slip some of your native tongue,and they'll kindly prod you about it on a regular basis!

The locals here have secret pronounciations for everything to catch us off guard!!!

I've been here long enough to learn most of those though.

But the thing is when I go back up north they say I sound like a hick,down here they still say yankee,I cant win for loosing in either place now.

Been here on and off since '84,few years here,few years there,just cant pick one or the other and stay put for any length of time.

Still Austin is a pretty cool place,but the city is slowly loosing it's charm for me in ways,as little by little some of my long time favorites go the way of the dodo,but other cool things pop up to help ease the pain of loss.

Sounds like a pretty cool deal for you down there @ ASS though.

Good luck,and hope Austin works out well for yyyaaawwwlll.

20. luciomduran

luciomduran

Who actually owns ASS? I always thought Mercury Charlie did but then on some other thread it said he was somewhere else on his own and JJ owned it. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

21. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Its owned by some partners.... Partner.

22. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Hey Bob, The Austin city police called, they want that weird guy living in your parking lot to move along. hahaha.
    Happy Birthday, and good luck in Austin. The humidity will do you some good.

23. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Ah Dohn't know whutnthehell Yall are tawkin 'bout. Bob does just fahn with his Funny northern accent.

Donchaknow.

24. krupanut

krupanut

Ha ha, When he starts saying "fixin' to" that's when he's f*#cked.

Happy b-day Bob.

25. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Don't forget "prolly".

26. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey man, first off, congrats on the move and such..sounds like you're in a good place right now. I know the separation thing sucks...part of the reason I moved back to CT, but thats the past for me now...Anyways, like Littleman said..the mig will be lonely....Congrats again man, and best of luck....

27. Bob,
    I'm glad to hear you are having fun, I hope I have the same luck in Philly.
    I was in Texas for 10 years and didn't pick up any of the lingo.
    It's possible to keep your Northern dialect, although I really wish I coul have found the right time to say "I Usta Coulda"

28. Radshit

Radshit

Holy Krap!!!!! Bob's in Austin?!?!?.....flt-blk's in Philly?!?!?....what's the Hot Rod World coming to???

Next thing you know Tuck will be in New Orleans doing rattle can art on the sidewalk....

29. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

miss ya bob... see ya soon

ps - bring me a chubby guy sized shirt!!!

30. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Hey Bob! I've called Austin home for a long time. I made the move at a time when I was down on my luck and all outta chips. My bro told me "be good to Austin and she'll be good to you." Words I have found to ring true.
    Seeing how your doing makes me proud to call it home. I hope you continue to do so well. Hang in there and the family will catch up.

You may not remember giving me pointers on my frame, but I won't forget. Now I just need some welding skills.

Here's hoping to meet you sometime and, like Lux said, welcome home!

See Y'all!