Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tig Welder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoarder1212, Apr 22, 2008.

1. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

2. 4-pot

4-pot

Love my Linde , it works great . They invented Heliarc. Looks like it comes with a cooler and some accesories. I don't know about support , ESAB bought them out. I havent had any trouble with mine they were pretty bullet proof.

3. I don't think that is too bad of a price -- especially since it has a bottle (about $150), torch and some accessories. Obviously it is heavy as hell and will take up space, but it is also about $2500 less than anything new that is even close to that amperage. I would ask him to show you a couple welds and to guarantee that it has a good stable arc on both aluminum and steel (AC - DC). Also, I'd like to see it start the arc at both low and high amperage on both AC and DC. If it works like he says, you can't go wrong for under a grand. Maybe he'll guarantee the working condition --- and will demo on pickup? (That's what I'd do).

4. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

5. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

Thanks guys !! Anyone else ?

6. The Law

The Law
    from N. AZ

Yeah, nice price for a good setup. It local to you?

7. Hammer Time

Hammer Time
    from Beach Side

Those are a good machine, I have used a bunch of them.
    Take some alum and run a weld across just to listen to the arc. Should be steady not up and down. Kind of hard to explain. A heliarc can fade or run down on power when welding thick alum...but you wont be able to ck that with no water to torch and that 30 amp breaker. With that in mind I wouldn't go over $ 1000
    Don't worry about the radiator, it is simple to make one that works great.Take the trailer and tow it home :)
    Gary

8. Condition is the problem. These were fine machines set up for continous welding with the water cooler. I had one years ago and it was a great machine.It would be kind of like restoring a car. what parts are available.

9. not so hotrod

not so hotrod
    from MA

Awesome machine. But it is my understanding that there are NO replacement parts for this company. I use one at work and its is great. They dont break down often. But when they do I am afraid that they are hard to get parts for. The company name was sold in the 80's and noone makes parts for them. I could be wrong but I dont think that I am.

Dan