Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ratrod Rumble 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddha5150, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

It's that time of year again. Stand up and be heard. Who is going to the rumble this year. I know the Greazy's will be there.

2. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

OH OH! incoming...:eek:

3. Kinky6

Kinky6

How about some details? What date?

BTW, for those who are hatin' on the name of this event, it does involve hot rods and a drag strip, which makes it way cooler than your average parking lot cruise-in... :D

Later, :cool:

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes, details would be nice.

5. jaxx

jaxx

Ill have to trailer my unfinished 25 built from scratch dodge but ill be there - hope theres a swap meet - need an early mopar grill shell or I will have to make it from scratch too

6. ratster

ratster

yeah the name sucks but, so does most of them. its a good time, i raced down the track last year over 20 races.

7. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We are going and taking a few cars. The website for the show is www.ratrodrumble.com. We have never been but alot of guys that hang out at the shop say it is a good time.

Later,
    Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

8. raynermcvicker

raynermcvicker

im there hope bring more people with.

9. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Details on the kinds of cars that are usually there? Is it a show and drag deal or just dragging?

10. raynermcvicker

raynermcvicker

Look At The Link Billy

11. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

wow...the site for the event is as gay as the name. you can tell so much thought went into it. just about as much thought as goes into the engineering of a rat rod. even if i lived out that way i wouldn't go, i'm building a hot rod. :D

12. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

ill be home workin on the hot rod...........

13. raynermcvicker

raynermcvicker

Wow you’re gay .you anal retentive alternative little bed wetter. you’re definition of a hot rod must ride on a trailer.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I went in the pouring rain in 2005 and still had a very good time. There was no racing because of the rain, expected. I was surprised on how many cars were actually there though.

Just because it has a stupid name doens't mean it's a lame event. I do believe with a change of name that would reflect racing, as well as a show and shine, that more folks might attend. Food for thought for the promoter.:D

Even 3 years ago I was doing the adventure from the road posts
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53577&showall=1

15. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

who me? nah...i drive year round. i stopped wetting the bed after your mom got in it though, she got mad waking up covered in piss. grow the fuck up man.

most of us here don't like the term rat rod. sure, there are some nice cars that the owners call rat rods. who cares. wal-mart sells all kinds of cheap goodies but i don't go there because of what it stands for. i'll pay twice as much just to support a local little guy because that's what i believe in. just like i wouldn't go to a rat rod show because of the name even though there's bound to be some nice cars there.

16. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I looked at the link, that's why I asked. Most events also have a show'n'shine with it or mention some sort of guidelines about what kind of cars, year cut-off, any sort of tech inspection that will happen, etc...that's why I was asking to clarify for myself and others.

17. raynermcvicker

raynermcvicker

lil bill

i know the the guys putting it on ill tell them to run more info in the post.

18. ComingApart

ComingApart

Good job on the spelling edit.

19. Is there a swap meet? Someone needs to round-up a bunch of truck cabs and tractor grilles and make a grip!

20. Lucky77

Lucky77

What Denise said. Might be a cool show but with a name like that I wouldn't walk across the street to check it out. It just conjurs up images of rust, bullet holes, poor engineering, and orca-Betties. Hunnert Car Pileup, Billetproof, Jalopy Showdown, guys who put on the shows come up with all kinds of cool names. I'm not knocking the show just stating the fact that the name turns a lot of people off.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tingler... I think you are confusing what most people consider a rat rod with your own definition... Driven and non period correct cars are fine, and some are damn cool, but a rat rod is not that. I guess that definition is different for everyone. Here's mine:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=297

And that's pretty much the definition we use to edit the site.

Some folks have a hard time staying mature when we discuss the differences, so we have pretty much given up on the discussion and close most posts that try.

My own opinion? Horrible name for a car show.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'd agree though... There is some great stuff in TN and that part of the country in general.

23. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

Well said Tingler...Hope to see ya there.

24. class 'A'

class 'A'
    from Casper,Wyo

I'll be there. Gots to get the tranny back in the shop truck though. Too many burnouts last year blew out the main cluster and the first slider. I guess '39 boxes really weren't meant for sticky concrete and a stroked flathead! LOL

Mike
    Xville

25. if work permits im gonna try and make it up there ..

26. Does anyone have any info on where to stay say, Friday and Saturday night?

How about any camping at the track?

27. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

RAT ROD RUMBLE INFO...

Hey guys. Video Bob comin' at ya. I talked with Dan a few days ago & everything's a GO for the Rat Rod Rumble this coming Saturday (the 26th) RAIN OR SHINE. This year they have extended the hours for the drags. Gates open at 8 AM

The event is open to all 1965 & older rides. No trailered cars except old gassers & rails. There will be 2 bands in attendance along with a "mini swap meet." The $25.00 admission fee for car and driver not only gives you a FREE Vendor Space if you want it, but also allows you to Show and/or Drag your "Ride." If you're coming as a spectator figure on spending $10 to get in (kids under 12 are admitted free).

For those of you didn't get to see the video/dvd we did of the event last yr, we will be showing it at the show all day Saturday. If you would like us to make "You & Your Car A Star" in this year's "Full Event" video/dvd, contact us at the event. Of the 8 - 10 shows we filmed in 2007 this was one of the most enjoyable.

You can either email Dan @ [email protected] or call him at (423) 715-1236 or (423) 338-0064.

"Video Bob"

28. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

I'll be there, Caddy permitting.

29. moparrrat

moparrrat

my wife and i have attended since the start of the 411 rat rod rumble and we have always had a blast ..!

30. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

I'm Never Sure What You Guys Are Calling My Car..........it's Not Real Important To Me That It Fits Any Particular Definition.i Know It's One Of The Funnest Things I've Ever Done And Can Enjoy With My 4 Kids. The Enjoy It As Much As I Do. With It Built This Way They Can Go Outside And Play In It And Dream Of Building Their Own As They Get Older And I Don't Have To Get On To Them For Scratching The Paint (there Is'nt Any!) Or Leaving The Windows Down (there Is'nt Any) And Getting Rain Inside Or Anything Else A Kid Gets Yelled At For Messin With A Guys Car. If We're At A Show And You See Some Kid Dreamin As He Looks It Over, There's Nothin Like Saying "get In It...see How It Fits", I've Even Said It To A Few Grown Ups. They Can't Hurt Nothin On My Car. So... Not To Be Disrespectful To Anyone I Really Can't See Why I Would Care Too Much If You Like My Car Or Not. I'm Sure There's One Parked Close By You Could Enjoy. I've Been To The Ratrod Rumble And Will Be There Next Week. I Broke My Clutch Sunday At Someother Great Track There In Knoxville At A Thing Called Some Kind Of Bash. I Just Spent $400.00 On A New Clutch Today, Gonna Drive The 10 Hours Back To Kingston To A Buddies House And Put In The Clucth Just So I Can Go To The "ratrod Rumble" Cause The Last Time I Went My Face Hurt At The End Of The Day From Being In A Permanant Laugh All Day And Some Of The Coolest Guys You'd Ever Want To Hang Out With. I Just Like To Go Fast And Have Fun Too And I Know That's What Will Be Goin On There At The "ratrod Rumble" Or What Ever They Call It. Oh Ya..i Hope You Guys Let Me Go To The Hamb Drags Cause I've Already Got My Room Conf. And Call My Car What You Want Cause Me And The Kids Have Too Much Fun In Whatever You Call It

Reggie....organgrinder