Register now to get rid of these ads!

the new T coupe goes to the prom....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McPhail, Apr 21, 2008.

1. I'm glad to see your bringing the boy up in the proper manner. He will remember this for ever>>>>.

2. yblock292

yblock292

Dennis,
    Kool deal my son was over yesterday with grandson, give him my 1930 model A raodster body for his project. Fun to give kids stuff!

3. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Awesome story. Beats what I drove to prom 15 years ago (Olds Cutlas 4 doors Yuck!)

4. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

That's awesome. It's also cool that even though his GF couldn't ride with him, he took it anyway and on prom no less! That's dedication.

Great looking T

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That T is spot on, nice!

6. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Great story!
    But someone needs to take that mama to a car show or two, or was she just worried about her daughters dress?
    Love that "T"

7. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

The T looks good. I can't keep my 4 year olds hands of the 54 and hope to pass it on to him as a graduation present one day.

8. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Are you sure it was the car? Has "the mom" met you? I mean you totally blend with the farmers in town right? LOL

Seriously, he is a lucky guy that you're teaching him to make his own luck and dig what's real in life. Great to see you at the RU too!

Alan

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Dude, that rules. The car and the story, both. It was cool to get to hang out with him again at the Roundup this year. I didn't recognize him at all from the last time at Pistons and Paint. Four years made a big difference. Last time he was a kid and now he's a grown man. Must be a weird feeling for you, I'm sure.

Seems like he's got a head on his shoulders with some plans for school and his future. I wish I could have been a little focused at his age. Just tell him to run far away from that potential mother in law situation!

10. I wish I had such a cool car to go to the prom in. You are a great dad, getting your son through school and with the love of cars. I am doing the same for my boy.

I do hope that your son doesn't lurk on here or your surprise is blown. :D

11. Frank36

Frank36

Looks good, lets see some pictures of the T.

12. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

very cool.

too bad the mom is a moron. what exactly was her reasoning? safety and structural integrity? its a steel car.

13. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I love the T! Do ya have any more pics of it. We need more T's on the HAMB. About the prom, get another girl friend.

14. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

She sounds like a real bitch. :D Oh well, he's young and he'll find better. The T is awesome, you're a great dad, I always like to hear from a proud papa. take care

15. ig'nant

ig'nant

Very cool! Car's lookin' good, but the smile on that kid's face has to be your favorite part.

As far as the chick's mom goes, you know the saying...

Kustoms are for getting girls, hot rods are for scaring them away.

16. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Looks good Dennis. Lucky kid.

17. Cool post, and "Dad:cool:".....don't know about the girlfriend's mom:eek:....
    Skot

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If I could have gone to my prom in a car like that, it would have changed my life!:cool: Nice job getting him to work for the opportunity to roll in it, instead of just handing it over to him. He's learning values and that will make him strong.

Nice job.

19. awesome T, not too many out there that the fenders work so well...

I'm happy to see your boy ditched the girl for the ride.. at least he has his priorities straight!!

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Something tells me your "kid" will turn out OK:) Might have something to do with his "old man":cool:

Frank

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i love the t dennis! couldja stick a side shot on here please???? refreshing to see fenders! and congrats to your boy! :)

22. Sprout

Sprout

You Mcphails suck....Lucky kid

23. Von Franco

Von Franco

Hey man I see a junior hoodnik in the works.The car look cool as all hell, in true Beatnik
    style man,and as far as the whole girlfriend thing just tell your boy all the hoods get all the cool lookin girls and have all the cool lookin cars...................................

Endsville.Franco..........F.B.B.F.................

24. Crease

Crease

Great story Dennis, really hits home. My dad got me my first project, long before I had the scratch to pick up anything. It was a pile of parts with a rod through the block, but it was enough for me to begin fulfilling the need to build and a great way to learn. I hope to do the same for my boy some day. The boy is 3 now and his favorite phrase is "THE MONSTERS ARE COMING OUT!!!!" after watching way too many Mad Fab videos. I really feel that this hobby has kept me on the relatively straight and narrow and hope it can do the same for the boy. Thanks for sharing your story!

25. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Great story Dennis. He looks like a Rockstar staring through the windshield!

And not to HiJack this, but in similar fashion...My 15yr old daughter asked if one of my buddy's would drive her and her date to Homecoming, since I didn't have a car together.

So I called, and he came over and took them in his shoebox. They were the ONLY kids there wearing chucks, and the only one that showed up in something old.

She's a freshman, and had all the Juniors and Seniors telling her how cool it was!!

I was proud! Congrats to you too!

Attached Files:

26. JamesG

JamesG

Tim, VERY cool indeed bro!

And McPhail, whats the girls Mom going to say when she comes home with her first tat......

27. I turned down 3 kids that wanted to take my 32 to the prom. Had it been my son, it would have been a different story. I'm sure your son and you will enjoy this story for years to come.

28. twofosho

twofosho

I'm envious, my daughter and I met up with Cyclone Kevin a couple of years ago and went to the Mooneyes picnic with him in his 32 roadster. I thought that might get her wanting an early hot rod. Fat chance, she seemed rather unimpressed, it did however start her talking about wanting her Mustang convertible back on the road again.

29. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

Cool car! Lame Mom!

At least let her get in the thing a block or two from the prom to make a big entrance.