Register now to get rid of these ads!

I feel an E Bay rant coming on!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadlights, Jun 17, 2004.

1. cadlights

cadlights
    from Hooper, Ut

Just put another one up. dep3054.
    Keep checking back there will be plenty more.

2. I don't mind a bidding war at the last second...... but,no one can out bid a sniping program!! If everyone used snipe software, you would only get 2 bids.................

3. PANEL TRK

PANEL TRK

Different strokes for different folks. Whats all the crying about e bay about.??
    If the buyer has any brains & knows what they need then E bay is great, you can ask for more information, more pictures .
    you can look at feedback to see business practise by seller. You can email other buyers to check the seller out.
    You can make money buy parts and never leave home.
    Which adds to the old saying " Time is Money"
    Lots of guys will take their buddy's parts for low buck and be happy.
    Yep Happy when they sell their ride for mega bucks.
    We all know the value of what ever part we need. We all like to get it cheap. Cheap is not always value.
    Buying & selling 24/7 is great to me because I can spend more time in the shop or playing with my Grand Kids Driving my Toy or typing a note on the computer.
    E bay is like LIFE Its what you make it!!!
    Panel Trk

4. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Sniper is someone bidding using an outside service that will automaticly bid higher in the last twenty seconds of the auction. It ain't a cheap thing. Think about it this way, eventually everybody on Ebay would be snipers if it continues as its going. I'm not talking about someone making a legitimate last minute bid.

5. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

A number of people I know who sell on Ebay end up getting non-paying bidders from snipers. They get charged to re-list as well as initlial fees. PLUS its about buyer confidence. If people start getting sniped all over the place, they stop using Ebay. More and more stop using Ebay, it folds under and everybodies screwed.

And yes sniping is part of Ebay life, but the point is sniping detracts from the prospects of Ebay's longevity because it threatens buyer confidence.

6. Ebay is good. I just want my Damn Black Flag shirt I bought. I paid the ass#@#* about 3 weeks ago and still nothing. He says he will put in a carrier claim, fine but where FUCK is my damn shirt!! I hate guys like this.

7. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

[ QUOTE ]
    Morrisman.......I may be wrong, but I don't think you understand what sniping is.....for one thing, it is NOT good for sellers and not good for those with out sniping programs.......Half my income comes from Ebay!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Course, I may be wrong too, but I thought sniping was somebody who bids right at the last minute to save getting in some bullshit time wasting bidding war. Bottom line is, if yiou ar a serious buyer, you whack in your top price, and stick to it. No point pissing around day after day upping the ante a buck at a time.

I know there is sniping software available, but that is just to help, as not all sniping is software, unlike what somebody else mentioned.

If you're beaten on a bid, it's because you weren't prepared to pay enough. Simple as that.

8. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

I would have to agree with everyone here. Ebay has been good and bad for our hobby but it is nice when yuo can't sleep to look at project cars and build them in your head. And someone out there seems to need what you used to throw away or let rot in the junk pile.