Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pomona Swap Meet today-your views & observations?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Apr 20, 2008.

1. As far as cars for sale, it seems like a lot of garbage, and high prices. Whatta your observations? Of the few cars I witnessed selling? ALL went to overseas buyers

2. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Bloody foreigners !

by the way I'm an American Citizen now !

3. I guess their dollar's BETTER than ours. Thanks Mr President:(:confused::eek::eek:

4. Congrats Steve!

More tea?

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You're going to have to change your handle to "Yankee Steve" :)

Congratulations...

6. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cheers mazooma but it doesn't have the same ring to it, I also seem to gravitate towards green cars for some reason ;0

7. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Hey Steve!---still a wet back--you just swam farther!!!

8. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I've never seen so many cars hauled in on trailers in all my years of attending .Love to see'em driven in. And I'm gettin tired of deep base induced headaches coming from the all the lowrider sound systems as we walk around. Groups that camp out, then leave huge piles of crap left over. We watched one group light up a Weber BBQ, and have it flame all over another guys Buick, who was not around. Pathetic. I'm all for having a good time with the buds, but I try and give alittle respect to those around me. Other than that, I had a great time!!!

9. cruzr

cruzr

Pamona aint what it used to be......

buncha lowriders........and riff raff

hardly any good parts

i wouldnt waste my time or money there now

10. 53burb

53burb

The last time I was there, I bumped into Jeff Beck buying parts. That was back in '87 when a good deal was golden back then. KNUX!

11. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Pomona is where people go to sell their overpriced junk. The formula I have found for Pomona is divide the asking price in half, then take off 2,000. (22,000 to 11,000, then 2 off is $9,000.) That is about right. The only problem is if you haul the 22,000 car home for 9,000 , you will still regret it because you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Almost all the cars are junk, and if you don't think so you are not looking hard enough, and most of the people selling them there are at the top of their game when it comes to ripping people off. You better know what you are doing there, because you are in the serpent's den for sure. But every once in while....
    The only reason I ever go is for the exercise, and to hang out with a couple of friends.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

12. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

I still go to each and every Pamona swap meet and still do enjoy them. I do however go early and leave early, avoiding the big crowds. There are still deals out there but you do have to act quickly and know what a value is. My only beef today was that they've got most of the parking lot dug up for a off road event and parking was nastier that usual.

13. Oh yea!!! Well last time I was there,I saw Putty,from the Seinfeld show selling his Caddy!!!!!!!!! So there.........

14. 53burb

53burb

Bob, who the hell is that????? KNUX!

15. That big guy with the slow,low voice. He's on a new show with David Spade. Rules of engagement.....
    And you thought you knew everyone.....HUH!!!!!

16. 53burb

53burb

Well, ya got one up on me there bobby boy!!! hehe KNUX!

17. SHRUM

SHRUM

The face painter!

18. 53burb

53burb

Bob. U wouldn't happen to have a jack hammer around would ya??? I need it to bust out these 2 root canals that are infected on me right now. The pain has become un-bearable. Let me know....KNUX!

19. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

He's freaking hilarious on that show!

20. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

My observation is that Pomona turned into a giant Pep Boys parking lot sale.

21. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

ha ha "High Five!"....On the flip side! I like the one where he's the Car Salesman...... "High Five!"

22. BadLuck

BadLuck

Yeah,Pomona aint what it use to be...we just go as an excuse to hang out with friends and drink beer!....prices are ridiculous, my buddy saw some 49 plymouth bumpers he wanted, guy was asking too much...went at the end of the day and got them for almost less than half....I only took a few pics today....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. 53burb

53burb

I see Lalo made it there with his '40 Lincoln. KNUX!

24. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

How much was that truck with the quad headlights??

25. FIBERGLASS RODS, 90'S BRIGHT PINK STREET RODS, AND MUSCLE CARS GALORE!!!!!!!

(and guys in Boyd hawaiian shirts galore also)

I sure am glad fiberglass rod guys dont think it through far enough to cover up the Inside surface of the glass so that Its painfully obvious that their fake patina-ed "rat rod" is made out of plastic and bondo.

Man at these meets I always see the same damn parts, ones that are easily gotten for less on the net, Or the reject parts that no one should want, like removed trim, ugly hubcaps, etc. Sorry to say it but ebay its a reallly good way for me to isolate the part I really want rather than going to one of these meets and convince myself to buy a part that just "sortof' meets the tast.

26. ocfab

ocfab

Ain't that the truth !!!!

27. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I hope that I was exception. Well, in the way of not being out there to sell off a piece of shit. But, I must admit, I was shootong for the moon!! I figgered the extra bucks would finish my altered wheelbase Dart, and start my gasser Rambler project. But alas, no one coughed up the dough!!:confused:

What was up for sale:
    http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/novas-1/novas/img_161.html

What needs to be finished:
    http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/funny-car-farm--awb/shop-projects/img2450.html

Whats waitng to be started:
    http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/cars/dsc0157.html

28. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Damn you guys don't paint a pretty picture, the Pomona swap meet has been high on my "to do" list for a long time................... Oh well, scratch that! :(

29. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Ah- don't get us all wrong!! I for one still think its one of the bitchinest car shows on the planet!! Theres stuff out there you NEVER SEE anywhere else. There was a cool little Morris Minor near the spectator entrance that was beggin to come home for a pretty cheap fixer price!!

30. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

Well at least you guys have plenty of swap meets to bitch about. we only have a few a year hear in Colorado. :(Thats why i have to rely on E--Y! :eek:
    It runs 24/7 and i get to make the decision, No hagglin just haul your balls in a 5 gallon bucket and get your wallet out!:eek: