Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Treasure Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCoPower, Apr 18, 2008.

1. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I always had a neighbor while growing up that was always willing to teach me about anything whenever I was willing to learn.My father died when I was 13,so any positive influences in my life were well apprecaited. Well,that neighbor passed away almost 2-years ago,and his kids just now got his estate figured out and sold the house. I tried to steer clear of his son that still lived in the house for obvious reason...you know the type...lives at home his entire life,drinkin away his liver,patiently waiting for his father to die.....well he got his wish, F%$^&ckin lowlife. Anyways,he sold or scrapped what he could for beer money.

I saw the oldest son out there today,so I stopped and talked for a while and gave him a hand in cleaning out the garage. He made mentioned that he needed a new intake for his `96 Crown Vic,and I happened to have one,so I traded for his dad`s old valve grinder.

The rest was mine for helping to load up the dumpster.He told me that theres some old "banjo looking" steering wheels in the attic,along with other parts that I am welcome to if I help clean it out tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. retro54

retro54
    from PA

good to see someone get it rather than see it scrapped.... what a good way to momorialize the man, by saving and using the parts he spent a lifetime gathering... his treasure is now your treasure... congrats.

3. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Im sure that made the old man happy. His other son seems like at least he can make dad proud.

Enjoy!

4. Great stuff! Looks like some 59-60 Chevy gauge clusters,a VW taillight assembly and a 55 Pontiac hood ornament to name a few.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know the scum sucking type all too well. I can relate A story almost like the one you just posted, but it would be a waste of time. Looks like you got a few good things that belonged to your old neighbor. Post pictures of the "banjo" steering wheels when you get them.

Frank

6. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Nice to get things to help you remember people by. You may not keep everything there, but I'm sure some of it you will keep and each time you look at it you will remember him. I do the same things with a few old things my grandpa had...mainly an old large solid and square brass bar that he use to use for testing the ice when ice fishing. I'd still like to know what this bar was really made for. Looks kinda like an old level with no holes or level bubbles in it.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

wow nice score, it pays to be nice and just help out!

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

looks like treasure to me

9. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Good people deserve rewards! Looks like you are good people. Thanks, BOBBY FORD

10. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Sorry to hear about the ol man passing , Bet he wishes he had you for a son rather then the lazy bum of a son you mentioned.

Looks like V W tail light ?
    Good luck with your new treasure , dont sell any of it. Give it away instead to pass it on.