Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva Las Vegas - Shifters Car Show - A Great Success !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Apr 14, 2008.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I gotta say that for a first timer to Viva - I was more than happy to pay for the wristband.........

and for all the people that are complaining about all the people there on Sat (the only day that is free to the public)

Get up early you lazy people.........

I was still walking around taking pix with no one in my way at 10:30 am

I am sure getting up early may not fit into your sin city lifestyle - but either get up early to avoid the crowds, or buy the wristband and get in early.............seems pretty straight forward to me.

And I gotta say that the show was run VERY well. I was a vendor there and overall there were no real complaints...........from any vendor that I talked to. The only problem was the division of the vendor areas at the actual hotels - the Gold Coast vendors were hopping non stop - the Orleans vendors - not so much.

SO overall - I will probably go back there next year - IF the wife lets me go on Easter...............that is the big question.

Good job to Axle and all the crew - hope you guys will do the same next year!

Later

John Wells

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Beetlejuice & Chili Phil, Well said !

Not trying to be jerks but we have a show to run and we're going to run it the best way we see fit.

Next year we will enforce the pre 1963 rule and encourage TRADITIONAL Hot Rods,Customs, and Classics.

Thanks

3. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Truer words have never been spoken.....man that is right on the money Alex.

I thought you guys did an amazing job this year and I am sure it can only improve next year.

4. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

I had no trouble taking pics of cars saturday...awsome show
    There were a few vehicles parked in the wrong spots..
    like that crap box white dualley parked right in front of the food and beer stand.
    no place for that ugly thing?
    I mostly go for the music and this year was better than ever!

5. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Well....I can't believe there's people bitching.....I had the time of my life !....the whole weekend was a riot....I came down from Canada with a bunch of buddies, and we loved everything about it....the hospitality, friendly people, cars, music......FUCK !....WHAT DO YOU WANT ?........I gotta say....THANK YOU AXLE AND THE SHIFTERS FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE WEEKEND !!!!!!!!! I'll be there next year, I can't wait !...........

6. Badfella

Badfella

I was shocked at the lack of "non-tough-guy-ness" this year. I accidentally shoulder checked tons of people on Saturday due to the crowds and my apologies were usually cancelled out by the other person telling me sorry at the same time. Hot rod zen I tell ya'!

7. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I think people like to bitch because they think it makes them relevant, Well it doesn't, it only makes them look stupid and petty! The Shifters put on a kickass car show this last weekend! My car sat in that parking lot for three days unlocked with the windows down and I didn't think twice about it. There weren't any bottles or glass to worry about busting against your car or under your tires because the Shifters made sure personally that NOBODY brought in glass containers. I didn't see any fights so of there were any, they were dealt with promptly! As far as tough guys and crowds, well you can find those most places, car related or not! All I can say is if you're so worried about that stuff then maybe you should take up a "SAFER" hobby like knitting or crochet! As for the crowds, maybe if there weren't fifty silly tv shows telling the mainstream that this is the thing to do then there wouldn't be so many crowds!!

Anyway Success is good and the show was well organized and everyone I spoke to had a blast!! There were a lot of really nice cars and having the bands back at the car show was a major bonus!! And Yes the show is now sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer so i guess we're offically the Pabst crowd! One thing for sure, is it doesn't get much more American than Pabst! A festival of Good American Music and American Hotrods and Customs, what more could you want?!!

Yes I agree the carshow was always a lot of fun on top of the parking structure!! However, thanks to people that didn't have any respect and who probably didn't pay for a wristband to be there and obviously had nothing to loose, that can't happen again. Yes, in years past there were lots of car people that I know personally that didn't pay for the music event but brought cars and participated in the carshow and it was dissapointing to not see a few of them. However, lots of them stepped up and came anyway and we all had a kick-ass time!

Good job Shifters!! I will be there next year, maybe with two cars!!! As for those who want to whine or cry further about this subject, do yourselves a favor and keep your mouths shut, you make yourselves look stupid!

8. Have to agree with the above...

There was a much better atmosphere there this year....

:cool:

9. kopis

kopis

I'll agree with that!

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the horror stories I had heard of previous years were a non issue - thanks to the Shifters - I sure hope I can come next year!

11. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

I bet their flyers where nowhere this cool!!!
    I wonder if the The Shifters have come full circle...?:D

Attached Files:

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

Thanks Axle...I thought it was better than last year....you did the right thing by turning some of the cars away....I saw some of the cars parked outside..:eek:..I wont mention what, in case some of those belong to HAMBers...but I will say that at one point I saw a "car?" that made me wonder if I was at a Monster truck show..:D Thanks again....
    will be back next year...:)

13. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

That VW Box doesn't even resemble a ROD.

14. Your referring to the Caddy....right :eek:

15. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

great show well run and good quality cars,lots of respect to axel and the shifters,screw the little bitches who complain about the show,they would be complaining if there wasnt a show,shit they complain for the sake of complaining..its a car show its what we are into its what we do all day everyday whats the problem?.we went and had a blast ,great people and cool venue. i have alot of respect for people who can achieve such an awesome show each year,thats some hard work that needs applause.when you are in this lifestyle/hobby what ever you want to call it,we all need to be thankful that shows like this keep it alive and healthy. wheather you have greased hair,no hair cuffed jeans or no jeans,you rollin a decent ride and love this bussiness your someone i want to know,and viva seems to bring them all together..well done axel, well done.

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks guys, Can't wait til next year.

18. overkillphil

overkillphil

Hell yah! I was diggin all the rods and the great looking gals! Thanks Axle!
    [​IMG]

19. 21tat

21tat

As always, I gladly paid the reasonable fee to participate in a continued successful show. Thanks Axle. I've never missed a Viva show since it's inception. Gettin better every year.

20. ChiksontheHill

ChiksontheHill
    from Denver, CO

The ChiksontheHill were there. You probably saw the five of them strutting around in their super sexy sailor costumes. We had an absolute blast and it couldn't have been a more successful launch for chiksonthehill.com!!

Thank you everyone who supported and adored us!
    ChiksontheHill

21. seldom scene

seldom scene

Congratulations Badfella on winning best hot rod. You have worked long and hard and dedicated yourself to own better and better cars. How about posting a couple of pics for the rest of us to see?

22. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

Had a great time Axle & thanks for putting with my drunk ass.

23. Badfella

Badfella

Thanks Bill! I keep meaning to take some cool pics and then space it out. I'll get some on here soon.

24. Thanks Axle for an awesome good time at the car show. The wife and I flew in went right to the car show then flew home. I love the fact that the car show is free, It did get crowded in the afternoon but that is the outcome for an event like VIVA. I met Bo Huff and also Laurie Peterson from Canada Customs super good dudes. See ya next year, hopefully I will bring my car!!:D

25. Were Barris & Gene Winfield there in the end? I don't recall seeing them...and where was The Fonz???

26. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Axle & Shifters, good job man, I know the bigger the show ;the more work and less fun it is. So THANKS !

Oh by the way Axle, check your damn pm's!

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

How about posting some pics of that neat 34 ?

28. OLLIN

OLLIN

I think we saw as we were leaving the gas station in Baker on sunday night? at the gas station with all the locusts. cool car, looked mean at night!

we were in the black 53 chevy.
    [​IMG]

29. plymouth37

plymouth37
    from salt lake

Thanks Axle for putting on a great show!
    The beefed up security made it so I could relax and enjoy the music without worring about my car.
    When I had a car in the show back in "The Good Old Days" a drunk threw up on it.
    I think requiring wristbands for car show participants is a great idea, it is a rockabilly weekender after all.
    I'll definately be there next year!
    Thanks again.

30. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Great show, it was definitively worth the trip.... first from Norway by plane to Austin, Texas.... and then by car from Austin to Las Vegas! Can't understand why people bitch about the cost of the wristbands!! The only thing that made me a little upset was that I left the show 4.15 in order to get a new memory card for my camera, when i returned 10 minutes later they refused me to get back into the show area because the show was closed! That was a little confusing... but hey, when you really wants something you allways manages to do that thing... :)