Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Aussie photos Riverside 1962.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Retroline, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Ypu must have me confused withh somebody else. :D

Converted some old 16 mm footage to DVD, but have no idea on the 'You Tube' deal.
    Besides it's much more fun with a bunch of mates, a few beverages and all the time in the world to freeze frame and discuss how so and so was cheating in that particular race, or had 'i' had the extra carb fitted I coulda won etec. etc. ;)

2. hemipickup

hemipickup
    from australia

hey skippy, you got any old brooksfield pics, would like to see some on this site and show them us guys how we did it back in the sixties in sa. regards, big phil.

3. rooman

rooman

Phil,
    check the drag cars in motion thread. The last half dozen pages or so have some Brooksfield shots as well as some from Castlereagh, Heathcote and Surfers with Calder to come soon. Just click on "last page" and work your way back.
    Sorry that I missed you guys at Bakersfield but I had too much going on here.

Roo

4. VanD

VanD
    from Pella,Iowa

Man i love this.... thanks for the cool pics

Attached Files:

5. Any more?

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

6. LabRat

LabRat

Here is couple from the West about the same time ....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  7. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

i think the hans klem coupe is gone forever,bootlace,after unchanneling the car,and removing any wilson /klem identity, and as you say painting it yellow with red wheels totalled the car some time later,history gone forever.i would be happy to be wrong.....

8. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

great to see those old rods hope some more pics will appear my mate has a channed 33 coupe down here in tas that was a victorian car has been of the road at least 40 years i will get some pics im sure some people will remember the car he has talked to the original builder who is still a hot rodder

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just found this, man what a thing to miss!! I do have a question though, my favorite car back in the 80s was always Graham Cowins 32, when he moved to the States what happened to the car??
    I remember sitting on the side of the road in it during a parade after it boiled its guts out. I think it was on Burwood Hwy in the centenary parade when they opened the 'Arbourtorium' in Fern Tree Gully.
    Damn that car stood out in a crowd.

Doc.

10. Sure you're not thinking of Dennis Nosworthy? Cowin was the drag racer from Sydney.

11. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

more likely it was Dennis as he was from the south east suburbs and no doubt he hung around with Gibbo, if it was boiling, then maybe a job for him!
    Dennis took 2 cars wth him and I believe still has them

12. LabRat

LabRat

Got some feedback on these Rods ... With thanks to Eric and Vince !

Reply from Vince.......

Hi Eric

Yep 3 well known cars.

No 1 was owned by Rod Gratwick and subsequently passed to Dave Roberts. Side panel had me tricked for a while until I remembered that it was built on a 34 chassis and made from a sport coupe with a wide panel behind the seat

No. 2 Owned by Bill Marshall whom I am sure you have heard of.

No 3 Was owned by WCSRC Foundation member Alan Mclean and and passed through several hands before disappearing. Spoke to the last known owner at opening of the Clubrooms and he said he still had it, No trace since

Vince

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not Dennis, and not Cowin, Cowling........at least I'm sure his last name was Cowling, I'm bound to get it right eventualy. He was a Confederate and the roadster was a 32, white with a heavy channel. I will have to ask the old man (Gibbo) if he has any pics.

Doc.

14. They've all got the later model front ends in, no doubt for the juice brakes and/or cheap lowering effect.

15. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

I, too, just found this thread. Great photos, thanks for posting and sharing them. Most enjoyable.

16. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for that Phil, also found a pic of my old 38 at about the time my old man bought it!! Very cool!

Doc.

18. That was a cool bus.

Thanks Retroline- sweet thread- cool chick in the A bone.:cool:

19. rego number shotgun on dennis car (red 32) my dad knew him. last time i saw it was one of the first picnics in cranbourne i was only a little tacker then.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, my memory just......what was I saying?

Thanks for that, did he take the roadster with him or is it still in Oz.

Doc.