Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advice: lowering my 35 plymouth and split exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oddrodgarage, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Two questions for you hot rod scholars out there...just picked up my barn find 35 plymouth coupe and want to build what I am gonna call a simple gentleman's hot rod with a little wider rubber/radial...lowering...split exhaust...and manifold....need advice on the best way to lower it without going the new school mustang II route...it's got parallel leaf spring front end with the springs mounted above the axle...want to get it as low as possible without cutting it too much and still being able to take it back to stock if some guy 40 years from now wants to be nostalgic and restore it...next question: does anybody out there know of a good source for headers for this...it is a good running original flatty 6...I am gonna put on an edmunds intake with a couple of strombergs but I think splitting the exhaust will wake it up quite a bit...gonna run the flatty 6 until it gets tired and I find the right engine swap for it...thanks in advance for all of your help...

Attached Files:

2. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Never done this on that kind of car and don't know if it can be done but mabe the front spring could be mounted under the front axel. Would be lowered and still have a decent ride. Mabe somebody else has tried that on a plymouth and can tell us if it can be done. Or mabe removing some leafs.

3. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

4. Thanks for the 'olddaddy' info...have been in contact and will have him do mine but still would like some info from anybody who was tackled lowering a front suspension like this...

5. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

There was a thread on here last year regarding mounting the axle above the springs. The consnsus was no to do it. can't recall what the outcome was. You might want to contact ESPO springs and things to see if they can help you out.

If you find anything inovative post it as I woul dlike to get my Studebaker truck about 2 inches lower. Guess we could "Z" the front of the frame......

http://www.espo.com/