Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post Up pic's of "The One That Got Away"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

2. Tony

Tony

No pics on the pc...and not even HAMB material...But the first one i wish i had back was a 50K mile 66 Impala SS i had about 13 years ago..
    It was nothing special, just a really great driving car that i enjoyed the hell out of...Sold it for no reason...
    Found it a few years back, but the new owner didn't want to let it go..
    And the second in line ( and a toss up for first honestly) was a blue 63 Impala SS i just built, and sold last year...factory 327-300 hp 4 speed....
    That went to a close friend of my dad's who BUGGED the hell out of me for it..i still have a set of key's for when i have sellers remorse.
    Some day i WILL get that one back....it's in writing..
    Third would be a PERFECT black 63 Impala, unrestored old lady car i had a few year's ago.....it was wayyy too nice for me. I sold it to a collector before i messed it up..

Yes, i have a thing for early Impala's..
    Tony

Attached Files:

3. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

[​IMG]

Just a Cruiser, bought it like this and sold it like this.Sold it to a friend and he sold it and then it went to Sweden. Did get some trophys with it.

4. Nothing special here, my old 46 Ford. I bought it from the orriginal owners nephew, got it running, brakes, fuel tank, dropped axle, tires/wheels, on and on. Drove it for a couple years and got tired of it. Had a 59AB, stock three speed and stock open drive rear. Went to a Hamber in England, and I miss it a ton! BUT- if I had not sold it I would not have my Model A or 34 Ford, and that I DO NOT regret :D

[​IMG]

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

6. Adam D.

Adam D.

damn, doyle was cut back in the days!!

Bought a 60 dodge dart for 500 bucks last year, had it at my old job. Got her runnin (tossed a baby 904 in it, new ignition, made all the tranny linkage, went through brakes, tossed a free quicksilver shifter in it), day before i was gonna take it to my granmas to chop it and what not, she changes her mind..... so it sat at the top of my block for a few months...... put about 1700 bucks in parts and backed registration..... sold it to a hamber for 500........ sux, but i guess it wasnt meant to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. derelict

derelict

That damn thing should've gone to my garage, it's BITCHIN'

8. hoof

hoof

A real steel 1934 5 window. The worst part is I posted a pic of it on the net for shits and giggles and that pic ended up selling the car to some guy 5 states away.
    CHAZ

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Love/hate towards the end, but man I would have loved to have been able to keep it and build what I am right now. Just wasn't possible.

Attached Files:

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i miss my ole 77 flh electra glide sport. the ole leaker that she was!! still brings a smile to my face just thinking about all the crazy times i had on that scoot!

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

No pictures (I've never taken pictures of any of the cars I've owned...............sad). Anyway THE ONE to get back would be the '66 SS396 Chevelle, 360 hp, 4spd, posi, metalic brakes, HD radiator Hd battery, bench seat (had a little one and needed the space for a baby seat). It's the only new car I've ever owned, just nothing else turned my crank enough to make monthly payments. I've owned over 100 cars and during that time I've found you can build what you want for less than it takes to buy it. Always enjoyed the build so that's what I've done.

Frank

12. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

My 29 Model A Enclosed Cab Pick-up... Building it with Zibo up here in Ventura for about a year when my mom died... kinda lost interest... sold it ... man I wish I would have finished it and taken a ride...
    [​IMG]

13. Well shit, a trick question. They "got away" because I wanted them to go away and make room for the next one. I've been doing this since I was 14 (I'm 53), and sometimes couldn't move on unless I sold what I had. This may not fit the motif here, but I'd love to have my 1st Vette from 1974. A flared, lowered, Indy tired 64 Vette with no bumpers, small tail, and 68 Firebird tailights. PS-friends have asked me this very question before. My answer is, IF you make your next toy cooler than the one before, you have NO regrets

14. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

my 29.....first real build from the ground up, frame to windshield! Sold it to Belgium the same month it was finished...needed the money!

Attached Files:

15. I don't regret getting rid of any of my old cars...... & there has been some good stuff come through here.

I'm either doing something really right or really wrong I guess.

JH

16. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

I miss my 30 tudor and my chopped 51 olds.And whats worse i dont have pics anymore due to computer crash,oh well.

17. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I lose sleep over this one sometimes..... I really want it back...... it was ugly but so fun to drive........ damn it.

[​IMG]

18. I agree........sure there were cars that were fun (Rocky33) but if I had not sold that, I would have never got off my ass and completed the Touring!

19. tommy v

tommy v

yeah i wish i didn't cut this baby up--[​IMG]

20. Strodder

Strodder

Here's my 56 Belair I had to sell it to finish my shop. I wish I still had it. It has fast bags, and 18" & 20" Intro's. I owned this car for 23 years, and sold it December of 2006 at the Pomona Swap Meet.

Jessie, I parked this 56 right in front of your shop entrance to visit my son Jay that worked for you. I wonder if you remember it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. I would have liked to have held onto these for more than a few hours...

[​IMG]

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have had a few.
    The van was hated by the wife. Needed money when the coupe was offed. the 61 olds was lost to an oriental kid that had just got his license and thought running a red light on his first day of driving would be a good idea.

Attached Files:

23. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

I'd be a liar if I said I didn't miss draggin this thing down Spring St. Things change, I'm building bigger and better things, but that Merc will be better..the next go-around, look out JJ,Hegman,Austin(purple Merc), Ha-ha that one was fucking rad, those are the one's ruleing at the moment.[​IMG]

24. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

I feel your pain! Here's the one I let get away....
    [​IMG]

25. I,ve already got remorse

My wife wants me to sell this
    :mad:
    It was my est buddys (rip)
    Upsets her too much having it around​

Attached Files:

26. DanGrippo

DanGrippo
    from Mohnton PA

Hey Sixcarb, Your dad's T was on display last summer at the AACA museum in Hershey, PA in the race car exhibit. It is now owned by east coast car collector Ross Meyer from Boyertown, PA.
    -Dan Grippo

Attached Files:

27. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Cant believe I had both of these in my driveway at the same time, the picture with the 68 Camaro and the 65 Impala is from 1994, and the other is from 1996 after I had the Impala painted, it helped working part time in a body shop. That camaro only had 60k on it and I got it from the second owner. It was my second car. My first car , a nova got totalled ( got rear ended by a neighbor ) after only a few months of driving it.

Attached Files:

28. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. Wow! After reading this thread,F*&K IT! I aint sellin' anything!{except maybe the wifes stuff:D}

30. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks.
    Few people can really appriciate the beauty of the Van. it had a 375 horse 327 in it. Hell Yea was a good thing in the van.