Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look at what my brother and I stole (not really) today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudor40, Apr 12, 2008.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a very cool score for sure

2. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

i called on that car the first day it was up on the list . The guy was so vague on the phone that i blew it off. Man am i hating myself for not following up on that one... Excuse me i gotta go play with my loaded handgun. :(

3. flathead fred

flathead fred

Geez, what a score, at least it ended up in the hands of a Hamber, so we know it is safe... congrats

4. Great catch!!

5. StrickV8

StrickV8

Nice find. Glad it ended up in a HAMBers hands. Hope to see it around someday.

6. tudor40

tudor40
    from Atlanta

Yep Vague indeed, here is the Craigslist post....

1950 buick sedanette

2door fastback engine runs been in storage,has some floor rust need to sale.

They are still out there, that's what's so fun...it's the hunt. I have got to get on here one day and post my story of how I found my 1940 Ford Tudor Deluxe that had been in a barn since 1963. All I was doing was looking for old gas pumps. That's another day and pics...

7. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

That car looks perfect as is, nice find.

8. You should have been able to unbolt the ignition switch out of the dash without drilling anything. A lock guy can make a new key for like $30 - and if it's the original GM switch it pays to keep keys around, they only used so many patterns and when they get some wear in them sometimes several different keys will work in the lock.

Now if it has a later GM column, pop the wheel, pop the lock plate with a puller, and you can unbolt the entire lock cylinder out of it, takes about 20 minutes. Just about any GM column lock cylinder will bolt back in.

9. You crack me up Russ (no pun).:D So you passed this one up ... maybe the one in Monroe needs another look. I remember the day you called and said you were gonna go see this "Its only been on Craig's List a couple of hours ! You were pretty excited:). The good thing is now we can both still see it at HAMB and Grits.

10. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

Smokin deal, for sure! Post some more pics!

11. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn bro that sucks. I have a grill for a '52 I will let you use, but only if it goes in the '34 and you paint it Yellow!!! :)

12. $1200.00?as in 12 $100 dollar bills?:eek: a $1200 1950 buick sedanette in California looks nothing like that!..Or maybe my Karma levels are just really low:D

13. J3W3L$

J3W3L$

That car is SICK! I like story's like this...They keep us all dreaming. That someday will find a score like that! Grats!

14. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

Why is always someone else that gets the deals? congrats on a great score

15. find a 57 plymouth front roll pan that would be a better selection(like a whales ribbed lip) than than that center bumper section... and your rear tailite would be cool in the bumper guards

i like it please don't cut any more up..

???? how will ya do them side windows now with out the frames... be great if the qrtr window still rolled down in the cute way they do..

Attached Files:

16. thats crazy lookin.

HOT WIRE THE BITCH! Then yeah, you can pick up a huge, primative push botton starter from a parts store. I placed mine at a secret location under the dash to slow down ass holes.

17. Scotch

Scotch

I've also got a '50 Sedanette (a Super with the 263 S8) and I'm keeping the post but also considering a chop job. I want to slant the posts to accentuate the lines.

I've also got '53 side trim and I'm going with factory-type skirts.

I think your idea of chopping it with the hardtop work will also be great!

For the best-possible look at how to chop one of these, I'll refer you to the work done by the HAMB's own Kartsa on his '50 Buick. He's from Finland and has done some of the coolest metalwork I've ever seen on his own car (and some others).

Here's a link to his step-by-step chop photos:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Kartsa/Sledanette/Chop/

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 263 S8 for improved performance. Search my past threads for the lowdown on what I'm doing if you're interested.

Congrats on the score, and hopefully our Buicks will meet someday!

~Scotch~

18. tudor40

tudor40
    from Atlanta

I am sure alot of you guys know ETHER on here. He is turning a 50 Merc Mordor into a Tudor. Check out his work (search 50 mordor or Ether)it is awsome. He lives around the corner from me and has advised us that some 1/4 window regulators from a 64 Galaxie may work, they let the glass roll up and then forward to close the hard top gap.

A side note: Most of you know how awesome this board and fellow Hambers are, my brother and I are FNG's still and are learning what a great community this is; example, I am not much of a welder just yet and called ETHER about my 40 Tudor. I have been held up on that frame for years because of my lack of welding skills, ETHER came over and within a half hour had all the stuff I needed welded in place...this is what it's all about but I don't need to tell most of you that. I am a painter and you can bet your ass he'll get something painted for free in return!!

Thanks for all the comments, it's good for all of us actually when one of does find a deal.

If there are any photochoppers lurking could you pease take one of the pictures and give us an idea of what this car would look like chopped?

Tudor

19. Thumper

Thumper

Wellllll............fuck me to tears :(..nice score.......I musta been off doing some goofy shit and missed that. All I ever see on there is SUV's , Toyotas and shit.

20. Thumper - did you see the Hemi in Buford for $400 this morning? Gone in less than 30 minutes - was it you ? How do these guys do it?

21. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

if you want some more karma you could sell it to me?

22. archied1067

archied1067

fucken dam thats a sick fucken car bro............

23. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

any more pics ?

24. tudor40

tudor40
    from Atlanta

More pic requested, here ya go. Will be taking more this weekend. This is when we picked it up...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We opened the trunk and there were 59 Caddy tail lights laying there waiting to be put in...

25. slammed

slammed

No April's Fool? Dannnnnnng-nation!

26. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Tudor forty, look at your second shot of the back and then look at my avatar, they realy look alike. Rags
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

27. Bitter Red

Bitter Red
    from Georgia

I think I just cried a little......that's amazing

28. tudor40

tudor40
    from Atlanta

Yep Rags, looks close. Do you have any more pics of yours other than your avatar?

Some folks say chop it some say leave it alone. I'd just like some photochopped pics of it to see what it would look like, not saying I would do it, just curious...

29. AD

AD

DUDE!, thats fuking beautiful, no choppin it up ey,, u lucky bastards:cool: