Register now to get rid of these ads!

oxygen cylinders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ole Pork, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

I came across a bunch of nice (home health care ) oxygen cylinders. They are about 4" in dia. and about 18" long, and empty. They look like a guy could do something w/them outside of scrapping them, but what? Anybody got any ideas? Ole Pork

2. Some sort of fuel / coolant tank?

3. Sinner

Sinner

You could make coolant catch cans, cut them down to make tach mounting cups, exhuast tips, or scrap them if they are aluminium for some beer/parts money.

4. 34roadstar

34roadstar

You can cut the bottoms off at different lengths and make tuned bells for yard art. Just hang a wire with a clapper to hit the inside and further down the wire from the clapper place something to catch the wind. Paint em up and sell em & go buy car parts.

5. 34roadstar

34roadstar

Oh and make damn sure they are empty before cutting with anything that has flames or sparks-KABOOM.

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Strap them to a backpack (upside down) and mix with a propellant. Get ready to blast off with your own jet pack ala James Bond. Landing might be a problem however.

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Homemade mufflers?

8. You can use them for tools . I bought several acetylene and oxygen cylinders from a welding supply place (properly disabled) cut them into various shapes and used the parts as shaping forms .

9. laid55

laid55

here's what I did with a couple.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Very nice, great idea

11. Oxygen tanks used in the home for medical reasons should be returned to the supplier or manufacturer. Look for an address on the neck of the tank. The cylinder is owned by the supplier, not by the end user. A sticker usually is on the tank telling which medical gas supplier owns the cylinders.

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Unless they went out of business.

13. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard

Carrying Case Assembly, for Droppable LRU-15/A and F-2B. Life Rafts (2O Man). ..... For the LRU-15/A raft C- 130 wing installation wherein the carrying case ...

14. 6deucecaddy

6deucecaddy

Have you seen the movie "No Country for Old Men" yet? Just a suggestion.

[​IMG]

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

want to sell one? i have a use for one,my 86 is aircraft themed with a lot of aircraft parts inside. if the top is open it should ship with no problem since it's empty. not sure what threads they are, but i know used fire extinquisher bottles have propane bottle threads.

16. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

They make sick bells cut the bottom off and hang a wrench in it with a rope out the bottom and its a good ring

17. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

flame thrower exhaust tips, if your into that.

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

actually they would make pretty good exaust tips