Register now to get rid of these ads!

Suicide front axle mounting opinion needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harkins, Apr 11, 2008.

1. I am trying to get my front axle mounted and I'm kind of in a pinch. I'm losing my garage space in about a month but before that happens I need to get my truck as a rolling chassis. To achieve this all I need to do is mount my front suicide axle. The thing is I don't have my rims or tires yet and have no idea what I am going to run. Is this totally out of the question or can I pull this off? Any advice or opinions on the best way to go about this would be great.

2. Cornerfreak

Cornerfreak

I would look at the different wheel options you are looking at and try to get an avg. wheel/tire diameter. That would be a start unless what you are thinking of running are on either side of the spectrum (large or small). Once you have your est diameter. Set the front axle accordingly with jacks. Definetly be easier if you had the wheels. You wouldn't want to do the work twice if you weren't happy.

3. yeah I know this isn't the ideal way to do it. I'm just trying to figure out the best bay to do this. The only thing I know right now is I'm going to have 15" rims in the rear and 14" in the front.

4. tj

tj

Maby this will help you. With this style front end the crossmember can be mounted flat. If yours doesn't have a similar pivot points you'll have to tilt the crossmember for caster.

Attached Files:

5. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

lots of good threads on this topic, good ideas