Register now to get rid of these ads!

Woodlands Swap Meet This Weekend K.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by muffman58, Apr 5, 2006.

1. muffman58

muffman58

Just thought I would let some know that the Shriners swap meet is this weekend in Kansas City at the Woodland`s dog track. Be there or be square! For those that haven`t been, its a pretty good show and most def worth going!

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Check.......shopping with a flashlight.........looking for LaFrance headlights for $20...........

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

3. bwiencek

bwiencek

Anyone know the hours? Their website has NEVER listed the hours and I check every year - thinking someone is going to catch on and post what time the gates will open for the public to come in and they never do... http://www.araratshrine.com/swap/

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

They open the gates at 6am and guys start arriving at 4am. So, if you get there at 6am you will be in a long line. Also, don't go to the "Main" gate, make a left turn at the lights then go to the back gate, the line is shorter. Or just spend some coin and get a "spot" and get there Friday afternoon and "look around at the parts that will be forsale on Saturday (wink, you can't sell on Friday)" and you get to drive right in the gate on Sat/Sun. a.m.

5. 97flatrat

97flatrat

My vendor package says it opens to vendors at 5am on Saturday and at 6 am for the public. A flashlight really does help!

6. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

say there 97,we are gonna be there Saturday,I found a v12 cam and the right year rods,Getting closer you?

7. 1rustyhighcab

1rustyhighcab

I'm going, but planning on bringing a coat, the forecast shows a high of 39 degrees saturday with a chance of snow.

8. bwiencek

bwiencek

Yeah - it's going to be a chilly one... wonder what the attendance is going to be like with the cold weather??

Just found out from "the boss" that we've got things going on Saturday - so guess I can only go on Sunday :( Hopefully they don't all pack it in on saturday if the weather is nasty and there's not a lot of foot traffic...

9. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

Last year was a great meet and it snowed! I hope to find some goodies.

10. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I'm there at the ass-crack of dawn. We are leaving here at 3:00 tomorrow morning. Gives us time to eat breakfast and still get there at 6 :) Other than Springfield,MO in August this is the biggest swap meet around.
    Justin

11. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

i need motivation to go
    went to the bank got cash butt no motivation to walk in the snow
    p.s. where the hell is spring

12. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Anyone get anything good? I picked up all the stuff i need for my wide fives, southwind heater outer shell, adapters to go from 5x5 to 5x4.5, and a visor and panel below the trunk on my 28 coupe. Who bought all those glitter "the 500" steering wheels????? I went back for on and they were all gone. There were like 15 of the damn things. Shoulda bought one when i saw them the first time!! oh well......
    Ratty55

13. BGRYN

BGRYN

Man it was cold and wind, But, Got me a old spoon gas pedal for $5.00

14. raven

raven

I got some really good deals on Sunday (after freezing my behind off the other days).
    I found an older gentleman selling out from his drag racing operation. How's an Isky billet roller cam for a sbc for $20?
    I bought a bunch of stuff from this man only to forget the box of oversized valves I bought. I went and left them on his table after I paid for them. Buy the time I realized it (a couple of hours later), he had packed up and left.
    Oh well, the hopfully the rest will make up for it.
    r

15. I got an extremely nice set of MT's for my prostreet- used and excellent condition for $150- which included too skinny michelins for up front. Got the Thompsons mounted yesterday. Nice. Carl Hagan