Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maxton April 5 & 6....whos goin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Mar 11, 2008.

1. evilone0528

evilone0528

Well.....who's goin?Might be cool to have a H.A.M.B. get together or something of the sort.

EVIL

2. Primo

Primo

I am, I was gonna get set up to run my bike this year for fun but decided that would be money better spent on my getting my RPU on the road. I am down for some spectating though.

Primo

3. Primo

Primo

In case anyone was wondering April 5 and 6 is the "Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge"

Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge

The fourth annual Top Speed Challenge, sponsored by Hot Rod Magazine, is coming at the April meet, April 5-6. The rules are the same as last year’s meet, and can be seen here.

In other news, the track has never been better. The ECTA completed extensive track repairs and a new tower has been built, so we are ready to run. So come and take a run for one of the jackets.

As always, in addition to the HRM challenge, the meet is open to all member competitors, both motorcycles and cars. We hope to see you there.

Primo

4. jbradleyd

jbradleyd

Dino the Wierdo and myself will be there not racing though

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

The Indy crew will be there in the big blue school bus. Let us know if theres a hamb get together some where. I can load up some moon pies and spam for the get together ? How about a spam sandwich at the bus ??? Come on by...
    [​IMG]

More info at www.gasolinealleyshops.org

6. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Guess I'm going . The Big D said so ...look for the shop trick truck

7. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Anyplace to see event info?

8. evilone0528

evilone0528

EVIL loves S.P.A.M.!

9. evilone0528

evilone0528

www.ECTA.com

10. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

11. evilone0528

evilone0528

12. jbradleyd

jbradleyd

yep it works thanks..

13. Primo

Primo

This might shape up to be alot of fun, I need to make a big grill to bring. Have one hell of a cookout!

Primo

14. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Piedmonts running some Front Motor Fuelers on the 5th. Thats another thing same day ! Maxton my final answer...locking that in.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would really like to go. Let me check the ol' schedule.

16. ray-jay

ray-jay
    from Buford GA

Guys, if you brought a car that you could hot lap how many passes could you get over the whole weekend ?

Thanks
    rj

17. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

When I have played "go-fer" with some different crews at different meets about 5 runs with some tuning/check out time in between has been an average. Getting popular and April will probably have a big entry turnout so even set up to go-go 5 might be a number to think about.

If everything goes as planned I hope to be doing what I can to help out with the #260 REMR. Don't hesitate to stop by and look me up if you spot us.

Ed Purinton

18. KeithTurk

KeithTurk

I'll be there... and of course Tonya will be there as well...

To answer the run question... it's to tuff to say these days... basically we get 5-600 runs per meet... the number of entry's define the number of runs per individual... as well as your intensity of returning to and hanging out at the starting line... it's truly a case of the squeaking wheel getting more Grease...

For those of you who really don't know much about it... Maxton and the ECTA was established to give East Coast Racers the opportunity to test and tune Bonneville cars before they had to make the Big trip each year to the great white Dyno... It's got the feel of old school drag racing... lots of comraderie and damn little bitching... it's about having a good time with friends and simply hanging out with like minded racers...

SO there ya go...

I'm open for questions here and on my e-mail... ( keep in mind it's a couple of weeks before our first major meet of the season and folks pretty much wear me out about this time, so my response might be a tick slow )

Keith Turk
    200mph club Ace
    ECTA Race director

19. Looking forward to the trip. Just look for the big blue bus. :D

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I really wanted to go but it looks like it is the same weekend as the Round Up. Is this schedule accurate for the 2008 season?

April 5 - 6
    May 17 - 18
    June 28 - 29
    September 27 - 28
    October 25 - 26

See ya sometime! Thanks!

PS- GMCBubba- your bus is awesome. How can you not have a good time with spam and a party bus like that?!?! :D

21. Yup, your schedule looks accurate. Too bad we won't see you there. We'll see you and Denise at the Rust Revival though. :cool:

ECTA Link.

22. coop31

coop31

The wife and I will be driving the coupe down Saturday. First time spectators, can't wait!

23. BTT

I believe all plans are still a go. We should be heading out Thursday morning. :)

24. Well it looks like mother nature has altered our plans for this trip, at least for April. Forecast is too wet for us to gamble the trip. :(

25. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Yay, that means I won't miss it!:D

I mean, I'm sorry you don't get to test the car, that sucks.;):D

Here's hoping for May...

26. Does anybody else have any pictures from this meet?

27. no bux rod

no bux rod

Scott,

Nice photos. Just as I thought a mini-Bonneville. It's good to see a bunch oof Flatheads ruinning.

N B R

28. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

hey,where the hell were you guys?
    i was parked with the bluebird bus bunch,i was teching the 135mph and slower cars.
    i'm the fat guy with gray hair and glass's!

29. The group I go with most always parks at the corner of the lower end of pit road, on the opposite corner from the gas station. We're the ones that write the speeds (unofficial) on the dry erase board and hold it up.