Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMB Village @ AutoFair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is a photo of some of the action that was going on at Charlotte.

[​IMG]

This was taken from my spaces ... just across the pavement from Modifieddriver and the gang.

Thursday was misty and damp. Friday was pretty good ... sold a good bit of stuff and bought a few good pieces. Saturday was a bust ... LOTS of vendors went home Friday night ...

Saw and talked with a LOT of Hambers ... had a good time ... cannot wait until next year :D

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Here is a better photo of the COOL sign up @ the Village ... :)

3. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

As I posted on the other thread, we passed right by the village and didn't realize it! I was in a hurry all day Friday. I saw the banner just as I was loading up to leave @ 4:30 on Friday. When we got up this am and saw the forecast, we decided to drive on back home. Maybe I catch up with yall next year.

4. Big J.D.

Big J.D.

Yeah, I live close enough to the speedway to hear the cars when they race. I wanted to bring my son out there today but he's only 9 months old and his Momma said, "Not it the rain!" Next time for sure!

5. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see you too, Randy. Nice pics of the banner and thanks to Berkley (NVRA#84) for doing it. vic

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

Yes ... the HAMB Village guys had a PARTY going on ... the whole time.
    Just a bunch of friends having a good time ... selling a few parts and hanging out together.

I scored a couple of decent parts ... ( non HAMB friendly stuff ) and sold some very HAMB friendly stuff :D

I had forgot to mention that NVRA#84 had the banner made. Thanks to Berkley

7. Cool banner!

8. ha man thats me in the photo pulling the wagon me and my buddy getting wide five driled buick brakes for his del ray dirt car.shucks could have met a live hamber. Johnrodz

9. jbradleyd

jbradleyd

It's a two hour drive for me. Im east of charlotte and it rained here all day so I didn't make it but deffinatly next year

10. NCrod

NCrod

I was there but did not spot the village, I got pretty lost there ! I did manage to score me a nice stock model a rear crossmember though

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was near the village a couple time this weekend. Did not see the sign though, damn. I showed up on friday after work stayed for a couple hours and then I went saturday from 9-3 and got stuck in the traffic for a bit before I realized that I should kick the truck into off road mode and high tailed out of there. Did not find anything that I NEEDED but a couple thing I wanted. I was looking for some garage signs but they are way to expensive now a days. Talked to a few knowledgeable people about suspension setups and that is pretty much it. I am sure I will see you guys around soon.

12. FatFenderDlux

FatFenderDlux

Shoot, sorry I missed y'all. For some reason I was thinking you were out in the red field. I've got a spot in the orange field and only got out enough to check out the Blastolene brothers and pick up a couple of water pumps from Carpenter.

Thursday was cold, Friday wasn't too bad and I split Saturday at about noon.

If you ever get the chance you have to talk to the Blastolene guys, they paint with a big canvas for sure.

Robb

13. Deuce,

Good seeing ya' up there. Nice pics of the village. So that's what it looks like. Heck, all I get to see is what it looks like from INSIDE the village. Didn't hardly get outside our perimeter :( , too busy sellin', eatin', drinkin' and BSin'. Love it :D .

The HAMB banner was a surprise to all of us. Berkley, NVRA #84, slipped that one in on us :cool: . He does a good job at that ;) .

Between your GPS pics, posted space #s here and a HAMB banner flyin', how can HAMBers miss where we're at :confused: :confused: .

I guess they must have their nose on the ground sniffin' for those parts :) .

14. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Just thought the Banner would help identify us and our location, should have known everyone is looking down as they walk. I think most people even missed the pole dancer we had up on top of the Blue Chateau (Big blue Van). Maybe this fall we can get some Little People (PC correct for migets) to walk around with "follow me to the HAMB Village" painted on their butts. Maybe even put a henway up on top of the van and see how many recognize it.

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

I drove there (14 hours one way) with my ol' pal, and new HAMBer "Mindless Zombie",..... got there Friday night, seen the blue tarp collection on Saturday, and a lot of empty spaces on Sunday, I picked up some little stuff for my two sons projects,..... must have been trying to keep the rain out of my eyes, cause I didn't see you guys either,..... regardless of the elements, we had a great time. does anyone show up for the fall autofair ? ,.. and is it worth going to ?

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Most, if not all, of the HAMB village residents do it all over again in the fall :)
    The fall meet is not as large as the spring one but it is still very large.

[​IMG]

The Blue Field ( where the HAMB village is ) and the Orange field ... do pretty much fill up. The Green field and the Red field are NOT used in the Fall meet. I actually have found more stuff I was interested in at the Fall meet. I myself do not set up to sell in the fall ... so that may be the reason I found more goodies ... I have more time to get out and LOOK around.