Register now to get rid of these ads!

Merc replacement sheetmetal...Anybody?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MeanMike, Apr 7, 2008.

1. MeanMike

MeanMike

Does anyone still offer replacement sheetmetal or patch panels for '49-'51's. My Merc needs alot of sheetmetal repair and I'm hoping I don't have to fab it all myself. I'm looking for better quality than what's been on ebay. Merc guys please help!

2. if you have the money the green mountain guy is repopping alot on ebay.

but it is ridiculously expensive.

tok

3. giftedone

giftedone
    from Gilbert AZ

winfields rod and custom makes most of the lower patch panels. Dont know about quality but thais where I will be ordering mine. Prices are decent.
    Robert

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

green mountains rockers look pretty good, other than that i would say you should or have to fab everything....

5. MeanMike

MeanMike

Giftedone, I spoke with Winfield, I'll probably be ordering some stuff from him. I know the quality is great and good prices too.
    Tokyo and Slddnmatt, Yeah those green mountain rockers look good. When I bought my car, the guy gave me a set of those cheesy ebay rockers, a waste of sheetmetal. I may bite the bullet and buy the green mountain units, I just have to work more overtime, LOL.
    With the amount of rusty mercs out there and as popular as they are, you would think there was a market for sheetmetal for these cars. Thanks.