Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cut my finger off today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when you think about all the things so many of us do on a regular basis it is a wonder that any of us still have all our parts.

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hey, he cant post pics. That's the shutter finger he lost!

3. I feel for you, I cut the end off my finger as well and it hurt like hell. Not too bad when it happened, but later after the freezing wore off, then it was bad.

Also, one time I was working with my cocksucking mutherfuck asshole cunt of an ex friend and business partner, when he cleaned his finger off with a sledge hammer. Ouch. We sent him off to the hospital and I carried on working. After I was done I thought I would try and find his glove to see if it was damaged. I found it alright, his finger was still in it. They sewed it back on but it went all black and hard and disgusting just like his heart. Months later they froze it and started to amputate it, only to find it was in good shape underneath all the black crunchies so he still has it to this day. I couldn't wish enough bad things on the prick.

I hope you have good luck with your injury and I wish you well.

4. munster

munster
    from burbank

that sucks man! hope they give you more pain killers.

5. silent rick

silent rick

welcome to the hamb amputee club. lost my thumb between the nail and knuckle. i used to have weird dreams of it growing back. masturbation took some getting used to.

[​IMG]

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

Ha!

I can't reach the enter key on the keyboard.

Rich

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ibst not thaat Icnnot spellb..ibst that I donbt habe any fingrs lefbt to tybe withb

8. ronnie lott.
    stud.

9. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Ouch - sorry to hear about your injury.

I started a thread yesterday afternoon titled Never Ever !!! http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255807

Because I dislocated my finger testerday using a hand drill instead of my drill press. I also asked what everyone else had done that was stupid.

Well my friend you win.

Get some good Meds. anf feel better soon

Gary

10. NoSurf

NoSurf

My great Uncle Ray James in Essex CT went to med school at Yale. His senior year he broke his pinky toe in practice and they wouldn't let him play in the Yale vs Harvard game with any broken bones- so he amputated it himself so he could play....

My grandfather (88 yrs) had his right leg removed due to complications from diabetes last October. When I called to ask him how he was doing he said "Well- at least I know what I am dressing up as for Halloween- a Pirate arrrrrrrrrr!!!!" . Seriously!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

The doc will get ya fixed right up they do miracles now days.. the only problem is if it doesnt work then you will only be able to count to 9 1/2...
    Get well
    Dave

12. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

thanks guys, i am still typing with my left hand,went to hand guyand said he cant save thenail its off at the first knuckle.......go get surgery at 2:30 today... damn lucky it wasnt worse, somebody can call me right now and ill text you the picture to post i just dont have the energy right now.....call me and give me an email and ill send the pic (805)350-0433 thanksagain for the kind words!!!! -jordan

13. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I had a friend that lost 2 in a shear. He said he never felt anything, just looked down and they were not hooked on anymore. Bummer dude.

14. Mopar34

Mopar34

Regardless of all the fun poked at ya', I am very sorry for your loss. I know the pain can be excruciating and it ain't going to get a helluva lot better over the next week or so. Good experience comes from bad experiences, but that's one bitchin' way to learn a lesson.

Hope your loss is not detrimental to your profession and your life, especially your love life.:eek:

15. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

How does your big toe look? Sometimes we sew those on in place of a finger (usually the thumb). In many circumstances it will work fine to wrap around a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon (Not so good for the handle of a welder, etc.)

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

at least you can wear this shirt now!
    [​IMG]

seriously though, that sucks man. good luck with the surgery.

17. At least you won't be sitting around picking your nose now.

Sam.

18. ShortBus

ShortBus

19. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I found last week on the street !!!!! ..Going to eBay for a good price

[​IMG]

20. Brandi

Brandi

Ah!! That sucks!

It'll make for good TV though...

21. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

At least the Gods saw fit to give you a few spares.:rolleyes:
    serious, good luck with the stichers.
    Al:cool:

22. no55mad

no55mad

I met Jordan and his dad a month or so ago when I bought and picked up some flattie Fentons he advertised here. They are good people and Jordon has alot of talent when it comes to hot rods. Godspeed on the recovery!!!!!

23. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP
    from wyoming

" Hey kid, you're gonna shoot somebody's eye out." Guess that ain't gonna happen! It's better than finding in your salad. Sorry about that but at least you can learn around it - soon you'll be able to do all kinds of things that you didn't know was even possible.

24. Tony

Tony

Man sorry to hear..
    There's a guy, about 28 or so who come's in the shop i work at that work's for a machine shop...About two year's ago he had an accident with a large lathe..
    It had a pneumatic 4 jaw chuck on it, and when the pedal was pushed to lock the stock in place by someone else, he lost the end of 3 finger's on the right hand, index, middle and third, and 2 end's on the left..index and middle..The guy who was working with him though the was clear..
    Let me tell you, listening to him explain this and seeing his hand's REALLY brought things back into perspective for all of us at the shop...
    His outlook was good, as he knew there was nothing he could do about it, he even still work's there besides although his abilities are no longer what they were... what a life changing event..
    It's so easy for thing's like this to happen..

25. sharpe427

sharpe427

Man this is a tough crowd! Guy whacks his finger off and all a number of guys can do is hammer him about 'how can you type?' :eek:
    I can't say it's a good thing (what happened to finger), but it could have been a whole lot worse. Good luck with the docs, and speedy recovery. :)

26. Falfa55

Falfa55

Fuck that dude!Most people would,If I did I would hope I would pass out so I dont have to look at that shit...You're a bitch if you pass out looking at someone elses finger that got cut off though:D
    Good luck in surgurey.

How is this gonna effect your long term nose picking?:D

27. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

A guy I work with cut off the index finger of his left hand on a table saw. The doctors couldn't save the finger, but the did a heck of a job sewing it up. Aside from a little discoloration, it looks like he was born with four fingers. The only thing I'm curious about though, is which finger does he hold up to flip someone off with? :confused:

28. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

This thread reminds me of that scene in the Road Warrior where Toadie tries to catch the boomerang thrown by the kid and gets all his fingers chopped off and all the other guys bust out laughing.

You guys are a caring bunch:rolleyes:

29. Hans

Hans

You need to change you handle to Ronnie Lott...

Seriously, though losing a finger is a true nightmare of mine. I work with so many farmers who have lost fingers. Really, I know more growers who have lost fingers than those who haven't.

I am really careful when it comes to setting up farm implements, although you can never know for sure. I almost fucked myself up good working on an old JD seeder last week. Scary shit.

30. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Can we keep this thread a "4" Star until 5WBomber gets his finger reattached.

I hate to hear about your finger, wish we could Tig weld it back together. Good luck with the surgery and therapy. Best Wishes. What's the old saying ' Soak it in Cider.

If you need a pick me up, go to ebay and search - beer magnet.

Now if you shoplift it will be a four finger discount.

I hit mine with a grinder Saturday but it just grazed it. Ran my finger through a table saw and got to be off work a couple of weeks. I had to amputate our cats front leg back in December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.