Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 2008 Lonestar Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Looks great, hope to be there someday!

3. Good read man.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, best damn car show in the country.

5. Elrod

Elrod

LSR is always a great show! Can't wait for next year! Amazing cars and even more, amazing people!!

6. ig'nant

ig'nant

Hell yeah, once again managed to survive the best time on four wheels. See y'all next year.

p.s. I'm probably going to say it a hundred more times, but seeing the Lander and the Punk side by side was a beautiful thing.

7. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

i wasn't able to stay long this year. it was a spur of the moment trip for me, but i still had a blast.

i'd have to say meeting keith weesner was the highlight for me. i've always seemed to miss him. (always being the only other chance i had)

this year, for some reason, the cars were secondary for me. it was good to see/meet those of you i did.

8. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I wish with all my heart I could do the show this year, but I have to aim for this amazing event in a year or so.

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thank God for the HAMB... I got to enjoy the show from my livingroom,,, it was better
    than nothing... This is the first Round Up I missed in 4 years and I was bummed all weekend..but I knew that all my friends were having a blast and that was good for me..

Congrats on the Gambino award!!! I got one of those too...:D

10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'm amazed at how a show that has grown so large can still retain that down-home "small show" feel. I couldn't walk 5 steps without seeing the smiling face or outreaching hand of a friend....most of them friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.

The Kontinentals did it again...and I'm proud of them.

PS...Good to see you Ryan. I hope you'll take me up on my offer the next time you come through Dallas.

11. We got there at 2:00 on Saturday and had a blast. Son, grandson, nephew and even the brother in law enjoyed the cars and folks. The little guy loved the flamed cars. Now that I've seen the photo posts- I realize that we probably missed a fourth of the cars! I'll get there earlier next year... maybe with a VEEhicle.

Thanks for the show.

12. looks like a good time!

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

It was my first and I had a great time. Enjoyed talking to you Ryan and congrats on a well deserved trophy!

14. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

What can I say, I had a FANTASTIC time.

15. 38pickup

38pickup

Congrats ryan, thanks for posting, you made it feel like I was right there next to you... I guess I will have to goto the LSRU next year. :D

16. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Never got a chance to talk, but saw you doing the early morning stoll and shoot on Saturday before the crowds. Couldn't agree more with Bass on LSR. Big, but still has that small town feeling too it.

17. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Sometimes when you look forward to something all year it disappoints - But not the '08 Round Up! Bigger yes, but it's now the "Big Easy" of cars shows.
    Great cars, great people, great music both days. Thanks again, Kontinentals!

I said it on another thread, but a BIG salute to Austin's PD for keeping cool and letting the night life kick it a little.

My favorite moments were:
    1. Watching Denise (HRLC) jumping for joy after "a ride" in that bad ass T/F dragster during the cackle fest! I'm sure she'll have more on THAT soon.
    2. Just listening to the many, many truly hot - hot rods bookin' out for Congress or idling through the grounds. How many blown cars were there anyway!!!
    3. The music! Even if there were no cars, this was a major roots concert.
    4. The well dressed, fine stylin' ladies. (it's not a letch thing, I just think it is so fine to see every size, color and age strutin' their stuff with pride).
    5. Oh yeah, the traditional rods and customs.

18. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Congrats' on the well deserved win, you've got one sweet looking ride!

19. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Laura & I had a blast this weekend. It was nice to hang out with so many fine folks that we only see once or twice a year. Thanks to the Kontinentals for putting up with us again this year!

20. I had a great time indeed !

dizzamn I got tore up saturday night at the s. austin speed shop.
    woooot

21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Wow , Im tired, this was one action packed weekend, we had such a good time, saw a lot of great looking cars, met some great people, hung out with some friends. Took a lot of pictures and got sunburned, really couldnt have asked for more. Thanks to every one that helped put it together.

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I wish I coulda gone, Next year maybe, maybe I'll even bring a car.

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Had a blast! Great cars, met a bunch of great people, made some new friends, and had an uneventful trip down and back. Thanks, Kontinentals!

Malcolm

24. 53burb

53burb

Nads, I will go next year only if you do. KNUX!

25. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm with BASS, i can't believe how much it keeps growing. Congress nees to double in size and make it hot rodders only. Damn near to crowded for me... i was bummed not to make it down there this year.

26. Rusty

Rusty

Reggies BBQ
    Thirsty Thursday with the Thunderbolts
    Awesome cars at the baddest show in the Nation
    Great live Bands
    Good fun cruising
    Open houses out the wazzoo
    and A flyrite shindig

Could not have packed a extra event in any day I was there

Ryan Good Seeing you and the family
    See yall soon

Rusty

27. krupanut

krupanut

Thanks Brother Bass, I needed to read something like this.

28. BLAKE

BLAKE

For me, the Roundup started when I shook hands with Reggie, Marchman, and Jim Jard early Thursday afternoon and ended when that guy laid down his dresser Harley after an entirely unnecessary burnout as he left the FlyRite Open House late yesterday afternoon (he walked home). What a weekend.

This was easily the best one yet for Joyce/me, due mainly to the great people we have gotten to know thru this forum and these events. When I think about it, it's absolutely amazing to me just how many incredibly cool and talented people I have gotten to call friends in the last 7 years, and just how deeply it's impacted my outlook.

Thanks to all.

29. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's good hearing this stuff....you guys are what this show is all about...not us. We realize that Austin is a long ways to drive for most all of you.....We also realized that you are burning precious vacation days and dollars to come see us. Because of this, we drive ourselves quite hard to give ya something that makes you say "I'm up for making that trip next year"!

It was great seeing you all and we really look forward to seeing you across the country and at LSRU '09.

30. migrant

migrant
    from south

Thanks for making my drive worth it, guys/gals! You might have just landed a new "quality" member (if you're lucky). I felt like one of the guys when I was there, though.