Register now to get rid of these ads!

Omaha U-pull-it '48 F-2 with 283 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mineseats9, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mineseats9

mineseats9
    from Omaha

Omaha guys must have been sleeping late today. '48 Ford F-2 with a 283 adapted to the original Ford 4 speed at south U-Pull It. We got the brakes, steering box and column, shock mounts, 4 speed Ford tranny, Speed Gems adapter, pilot bushing, clutch, flywheel, correct rebuilt starter, front Hurst motor mount. I didn't get there until 10:30 AM. I guess nobody noticed the truck since there was a '57 Chevy Wagon right by the front door. Left the 283 there but, it is an early 283 that I believe came with forged crank and rods. Even U-Pull It gets some good parts once in a while. Brian

2. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Good deal man.Never seen the old shit show up at the south.Have to check more often. Later Rob

3. mineseats9

mineseats9
    from Omaha

North lot definitely seems to get more of the old usable stuff. Lots of Buicks in the last 2 years or so. Some Mopar stuff. If you don't check often the good stuff gets gone quick. Brian

4. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

good score. I dont frequent u-pull it often, looks like I should though.

Jeff

5. mineseats9

mineseats9
    from Omaha

If I add up all the $2 "environmental" entry fees I've paid I probably could have built a 4 car garage. Between me and my buddy Earl we do pretty well at finding the good stuff. Lots of days where there's nothing but Grand Prix's and Taurus' wagons. Brian

6. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Like that place too.

7. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

I just got some rear fenders for my 66 cheby PU a week ago at the north yard

8. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

All there is when I'm there is mini -vans , Ford Siestas , and junk.
    And someone wanting to borrow tools!