Register now to get rid of these ads!

AMC Guys !!! Whip em out, Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ttop88, Apr 5, 2008.

1. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Really you just have to use discretion. There are a lot of cars on the HAMB that bend the rules - I own one. The '49 body gets me in the door no problem, but the 396 doesn't make the cut off. So where should I be? There are boatloads of 55-57's on here running nasty big blocks. And 60 - 66' Chevy suburbans/panels are all over the HAMB. Come on, it's a Rambler not a Jensen Interceptor (can we please talk about Jensen Interceptors?:D) The HAMB seems to have outgrown the most rigid interpretation of traditional, i.e. specific build date with no parts manufactured after that date. The HAMB is having growing pains. There never would be a site with over 46,000 registered model A owners! (thats how many HAMB'ers there are!!) I really like the traditional emphasis and think it should stay that way, but let the rest of us play too!!

2. I will say this, I am on the verge of straight up stealing this sweet 2 door wagon that has been ABANDONED in my grocery story parking lot for fucking months. Has a note saying the owner is in hospital. I'll take it off their hands. Although i'd imagin a man would have to give his left nut just to get any parts for one.
    [​IMG]

3. Didn't Wayne and Garth drive a Pacer???:confused::mad:

4. 62rambler

62rambler
    from indiana

Parts are not too bad to find at all. They used the same chassis for years, just changed the bodies. I have a garage full of parts. lol

[​IMG]

5. Ok then stormking, that's a camper right? Fuck you and the horse you road in on.

I was trying to conform to the kindler gentler HAMB that was created a few years ago so guys like you would like being here. But I guess you prefer that I spell it out for ya.

Personally I don't have a thing in the world against AMC products. I really liked the big block AMXs, they had good lines, and I know for a fact that they really benifitted from the transplant of an FE. I really don't have anything against gremlins either, I owned one and had a ball with it. Fact is that I'm not a purest in the strictest sense.

Do they have a place on this board absolutely not, and I'm sure that the kinder gentler HAMB wasn't conceived so that it could become just another Muscle car site or a place where anyone in the world could discuss the finer points of the "Wayne's World Express".

Yes there are some things that get tolerated because we too like a bit of variety once in awhile. That normally comes once someone has been around long enough for everyone to know where they are comming from. Although it seems to be more tolerated as time goes on.

I guess that my remark comes from the standpoint of being called a snob because I feel that the board should retain just a wee bit of its focus.

That said I'm not sorry if I hurt your feelings with my choice of language, guess I just come from a world where rodders weren't really expected to be gentle. But just to make myself perfectly clear I ment it just the way it came out.

6. In the gear head crazzed out world that I live in and the Holy Grail of Automotive Creations that I call my shop there are two words we never use!!! Delicate and Sensitve don't have a place or a purpose>>>>.NEVER-EVER!!!!!!!!

7. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

One of the meanest sounds I ever heard as a young hot rodder in the 60s was the sound of a Wisconsin Highway Patrol AMC. At idle the car rocked, literally with each turn of the cam. It seemed to say .". . . Be good, boys, be good; but if you're not, I'll be happy to come get you." But I have to agree with others, that we're probably not talking Pacer, here.

8. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I have a buddy gathering parts for an altered wheelbase, straight-axle, '67 Marlin build, who would prefer to keep it AMC-powered....would the build pics not be welcome here?

9. I think that there is probably a lot of distance between a Gremlin/Pacer type of car and a '67 almost a Charger Marlin.

I personally am not all that interested in build pics of an altered wheelbase muscle car era car. But I'm sure that some of the fellas may benifit from the tech.

Post it and let the chips fall where they may.

You may catch some flak for it but such is life. Don't take it personal and start name calling and just maybe someone won't offer to tell you where to get off at.

10. I too am not against cool car,I'd take a S/C Hurst Scrambler any day! But a F@#king pacer! Please>>>>.

11. I was wondering about the '64 cutoff wording that I've seen here before, so I went looking for it. I found this, but there's no cutoff year:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

Then I found this with mention of a cutoff year:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232070&highlight=cutoff+year

... which includes this post which was very enlightening to me, and I'd guess a lot of people here have misconceptions about:
    And that led me to the classifieds rules:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211146

I am not posting my conclusions; I submit these threads for your review.:D

Thanks,
    Kurt

12. What's the deal with your engine? Did you add the 'Kaiser' on the valve cover, and is that a high-energy coil on top of the distributor?

Thanks,
    Kurt

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

232 six. GM HEI for reliability....KAISER for fun watchin' people scratch their heads.

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man, I was hopin' to see more AMC powered junk. 'Specially 6's.

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

16. uc4me

uc4me

well its not traditional or a rod but it is my AMC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  17. Motoboy

Motoboy

My longroof has an AMC 327, with auto. Here's an ok pic, hopefullyI can get some better pictures soon.

Attached Files:

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice friggin wagon!

19. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I got one I think is going to the junk yard. Only has 40,000 on the odometer too. I think the junk man will pay more than I would have taken for it anyway. Oh yea it is a 71 Matador more door with a 304. SO if anyone wants it PM me soon.

20. tomslik

tomslik

pm'd ya...

21. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Americans are nice...

Here is one of mine... ´65 American Hardtop 440H with 360 V8 and TF727.

[​IMG]